Why We Fought

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:05 am
Why don't you go ahead and point it out for me, George?

If you don't care to, that's fine as well. But I see nothing in there about hating freedom; in fact, I see places where the exact opposite is stated...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:17 am
I bolded it. You should be able to see it easily.

Our laws make us too free. He intends to put us under Sharia law.

Because he hates our freedoms.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:22 am
LOOK!! HERE IT IS AGAIN!!!

(i) You are the nation who, rather than ruling by the Shariah of Allah in its Constitution and Laws, choose to invent your own laws as you will and desire. You separate religion from your policies, contradicting the pure nature which affirms Absolute Authority to the Lord and your Creator. You flee from the embarrassing question posed to you: How is it possible for Allah the Almighty to create His creation, grant them power over all the creatures and land, grant them all the amenities of life, and then deny them that which they are most in need of: knowledge of the laws which govern their lives?

BOOYAH!

(ii) You are the nation that permits Usury, which has been forbidden by all the religions. Yet you build your economy and investments on Usury. As a result of this, in all its different forms and guises, the Jews have taken control of your economy, through which they have then taken control of your media, and now control all aspects of your life making you their servants and achieving their aims at your expense; precisely what Benjamin Franklin warned you against.

(iii) You are a nation that permits the production, trading and usage of intoxicants. You also permit drugs, and only forbid the trade of them, even though your nation is the largest consumer of them.

(iv) You are a nation that permits acts of immorality, and you consider them to be pillars of personal freedom. You have continued to sink down this abyss from level to level until incest has spread amongst you, in the face of which neither your sense of honour nor your laws object.

(Pillars of....freedom? But, he speaks of them like he hates them...?)

Who can forget your President Clinton's immoral acts committed in the official Oval office? After that you did not even bring him to account, other than that he 'made a mistake', after which everything passed with no punishment. (Well, damn, he has a point...)Is there a worse kind of event for which your name will go down in history and remembered by nations?

(v) You are a nation that permits gambling in its all forms. The companies practice this as well, resulting in the investments becoming active and the criminals becoming rich.
-----------
I think we have a guy who clearly hates our freedoms.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:26 am
Lash, why don't you quote the important part of the letter from OBL you linked to?

Quote:
As for the first question: Why are we fighting and opposing you? The answer is very simple:

(1) Because you attacked us and continue to attack us.

Noone is stating that OBL, who is a religious fundamentalist (in the same way as many American religious fundementalists) and denounces the progress of our society. But that is not why they have attacked us. The first question answers why they attacked us; because they feel that we meddle in their business and opress them.

Whether that is true or not is up to debate, but it answers the question of what their stated reason for aggression against America is.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:43 am
Cyclops said--

Quote:
Show me where he states how much he hates our freedom.

I showed you.

---------
And, maybe you should read on even further.

He says we attacked them in Palestine. He goes through a big monologue which speaks of us as if we are Israel. Half of his whining is about Israel. I'm sure he'd prefer we just let them exterminate the Jews, but we're not going to.

Damn. When did you take up OBL's PR?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:51 am
Doesn't that seem to be the cause of the left. They want the people of the US to look inwward on why we were attacked instead of looking at the people who did it.

Cyc mentions how the US has the same types of people in the CHristian side but doesn't want to understand why they want to shoot abortion Dr's or blow up the clinic's. Instead they call them names and demands that they understand the people they attack.

Why don't these same people demand this of OBL?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:56 am
Damn. Good point, Baldimo.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:03 am
Well, I demand this of OBL. I think he should be caught, tried, and likely executed for his crimes against America and the world in general.

That doesn't change the reasoning behind his actions at all. Not only did OBL come right out and answer quite simply why they attacked us but he took the time to differentiate the two questions. There is a reason behind this. In several different communiques that we have rec'd of his over the last four years, he consistently mentions US policies as his reason for attack.

OBL could easily have said, several times, that the reasoning behind their attacks is 'American immorality, we just couldn't take your gays and hollywood anymore so we decided to blow up the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, as symbols of your moral degradation that they are.' But that is in fact not only the exact opposite of what they say, it is the exact opposite of what was done on 9/11; we were struck in a major international trade building and in a major military facility. Hardly bastions of morality; but powerful symbols of money and military power, indicative of displeasure with our policies more than our morals.

Only by understanding the reasoning behind them can the terrorists be truly defeated. To say 'they just plain hate our freedoms' is an incomplete answer to the question of terrorist motivations, and a dangerous one.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:08 am
Do you think America deserved to be attacked?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:12 am
No, not in the slightest. Those people were innocent. But it's not important what I think, it's important what they think.

People who have problems with American policies are more than welcome to bring them up but should think twice before attacking us. I've been a staunch supporter of catching OBL from day one; there just seems to be precious little of that going on these days, and little concern about this fact, which absolutely blows my mind.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies