Obstructionism: the ultimate trump card?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 03:30 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
I want the public to see what dems are capable of in defense of abortion.
. It's called the freedom of choice for the woman. Why must complete strangers have control over her body? They don't care for the woman or the unborn, and even after birth. It's called hypocrisy. Words are cheap.
livinglava

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 03:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
I want the public to see what dems are capable of in defense of abortion.
. It's called the freedom of choice for the woman. Why must complete strangers have control over her body? They don't care for the woman or the unborn, and even after birth. It's called hypocrisy. Words are cheap.

That's a discussion that can only be had if dems stop blocking pro-life from participating in democracy. They are protecting Roe v. Wade by blocking Trump's right to appoint a Supreme Court justice. In other words, they are obstructing pro-life from pursuing its goals via proper democratic channels. They are doing so by exploiting sexual victimization as political capital.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 03:55 pm
@livinglava,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Do you agree that if it appears likely that Kavanaugh actually did this, he should not be on the Supreme Court?

Quote livinglava:
Quote:
I'm too offended about the dems/pro-choice abusing politics to suppress the participation of pro-life in democracy to answer that.

Okay, so we got your answer. You want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court even if he did what Professor Ford said he did to her.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 04:09 pm
@Blickers,
Gang rape can produce a life, and they want pro-life for that unethical, illegal, baby. What are pro-lifers doing for all the babies now starving and without healthcare around the world?
0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 04:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@KingReef,
The FBI does not arrive at any conclusion, but the congress can and should after the findings are shared with them. The FBI is a fact-finding organization. That's the reason why an FBI investigation is needed and warranted.

They already investigated him 6 times, dude. I see that I'm talking to someone who is dyed in the wool. So go ahead. Trump is fine, eventually you will see him get through all of this, without any Russian collusion, and eventually Cohen not being able to bring him down either. Since you don't see anything, you can't know anything. Be a Democrat.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 04:57 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Okay, so we got your answer. You want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court even if he did what Professor Ford said he did to her.
Same with me.

I think civil damages are the appropriate remedy if serious childhood misdeeds are proven against someone who has lived a responsible life as an adult.
KingReef

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 05:39 pm
@oralloy,
The opposite, I think, it true, and the Democrats are lying themselves to political death, quite possibly. At some point they will possibly kill their party. They won't be a viable option when voting time comes around. I don't think they can keep this up, especially if God gets into it with them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 05:44 pm
@KingReef,
I'm not so sure the democrats are lying themselves to political death. Many political pundits are talking about a blue wave this November. I don't know where you're getting your news, so please provide your sources for your opinions.

42:09
Anderson Cooper EXPOSES Kavanaugh's LIES After ATTY For 2Nd ...
Funy Army
YouTube - 23 hours ago

32:21
"STOP LYING ON MY SHOW!"... Berman HUMILIATES Kavanaugh's ...
Funy Army
YouTube - 12 hours ago

38:20
Chris Cuomo EXCELLENT EXPOSES Trump's LIES By Rosenstein's ...
Funy Army
YouTube - 22 hours ago

35:51
Chris Cuomo EXCELLENT EXPOSES Trump's LIES By Rosenstein's ...
Funy Army
YouTube - 2 days ago

Kavanaugh Accuser's Lies Exposed!
REAL.video - 4 days ago

18:04
Kavanaugh's attorney say it's possible he met Ford
CNN
YouTube - 8 hours ago

6:30
Kavanaugh's Yale Classmate: 'You can't lie your way onto the ...
MSNBC.com - 2 hours ago

Kavanaugh lawyer says accuser's therapist notes, lie detector test not ...
MSN.com - 12 hours ago

4:51
Kavanaugh lawyer says accuser's therapist notes, lie detector test not turned over
CBS News - 12 hours ago
Top stories

Opinion | Brett Kavanaugh and the moral ugliness of casual lying
Washington Post
9 hours ago

Kavanaugh lawyer says accuser's lie detector test, therapist notes not turned over
CBS News
12 hours ago

LIVE
Trump addresses new Kavanaugh claims in press conference today from New York City after addressing UN
CBS News
1 hour ago
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 05:57 pm
https://www.vox.com/2018/8/10/17670562/ohio-special-election-blue-wave

"A blue flood, more than just a wave”: 8 experts on midterm elections after the Ohio special election
Things are looking better and better for Democrats.
By Li [email protected] Aug 10, 2018, 11:00am EDT
coluber2001

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 07:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A fourth accusation against kavanaugh. And the parade forms.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 07:51 pm
@coluber2001,
I don't think this is even close to the end of the story.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah! These things have a way of accelerating.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:23 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote livinglava:
Quote:
IMHO, everything that is being said to demonize him is all just ammunition being used against him because the democratic/pro-choice movement has decided collectively to block his appointment.
More and more evidence is appearing that the incident actually occurred....

I dare you to tell me one piece of evidence.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:28 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Do you agree that if it appears likely that Kavanaugh actually did this, he should not be on the Supreme Court?

Quote livinglava:
Quote:
I'm too offended about the dems/pro-choice abusing politics to suppress the participation of pro-life in democracy to answer that.

An accusation without any evidence at all shouldn't harm the accused. If some evidence is obtained, then the accusation will be more credible. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Hey, 20 years ago you mugged me in an alley. I demand that A2K furnish the police with your actual name and address and that you be investigated. Also, your employer should fire you since you might be guilty. Yeah, that's fair.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

If the 3 women who came forward to charge Kavanaugh with sexual assault, and you don't believe them, 25 or more will not convince you. You need to study why women do not take legal action when they are sexually assaulted. But, I'm sure that's too much to ask of you.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:32 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:
[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPfLj_QVyzY[/youtube]

Let me see if I've got this straight. Julie Swetnick says she attended parties in high school where women were drugged and gang raped....and she kept attending the parties? I guess she thought, "Well, that really is awful, but hopefully I won't become a victim." Not one of these women ever reported it to the police. Not one ever reported it to the school. And moreover, Julie Swetnick always just stood by while it was happening and never reported it? Yeah, that's believable.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:

If the 3 women who came forward to charge Kavanaugh with sexual assault, and you don't believe them, 25 or more will not convince you. You need to study why women do not take legal action when they are sexually assaulted. But, I'm sure that's too much to ask of you.

Non-responsive. I asked for one piece of evidence, not more claims with no evidence. I repeat, give me one piece of evidence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 08:46 pm
As has already been pointed out, the accusations by the women constitute evidence. Are you aware that when the police investigate crimes or alleged crimes, one of their first actions is to interview witnesses, suspects and putative victims?
Blickers

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 09:50 pm
@KingReef,
Quote KingReef:
Quote:
They already investigated him 6 times, dude.
And the women who were hiding their shame did not come forward then. But now they are.

Are you trying to brush off the fact that people who are sexually attacked go into a shell and don't do anything because it is too painful to bring it up?

Or do you consider that merely irrelevant?

PS: There is no limit on the number of times the FBI can re-open an investigation if new evidence comes forward. And when the Republicans refused to confirm a Supreme Court justice to replace Scalia because it was Obama's last year in office, they left the seat open for 400 days. So there is no legal or even traditional rush to prevent this investigation.
Blickers

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
I think civil damages are the appropriate remedy if serious childhood misdeeds are proven against someone who has lived a responsible life as an adult.
The Senate Judiciary committee is not there to assess monetary damages, nor to assess if someone should go to jail. The Senate Judiciary Committee is there to determine if a Supreme Court nominee is fit to sit on the Supreme Court-intellectually, professionally and morally.

Unlike elected offices, which the Constitution gives solely to the voters to decide, the Constitution gives the Senate the right to reject an executive appointment. The Constitution does not give the Senate the right to refuse to seat someone the voters sent to office. But it does give the Senate the right to refuse to seat someone that elected official nominated for office. It is part of the checks and balances system.