Prince Charles to marry his slag

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:30 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I see an islamist plot to take over britain.

Is there any connection to the East Indian plot to take over the United States, starting with the convenience stores? Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:23 am
Steve-

I'll look into it.

With your predictions isn't gold a must or land in some remote region with nothing of value to recommend it.

Of course you bet Steve.All day long.Which bus to get on is a bet isn't it?And when you eyeball a young lady in a wine bar.With that your hubris can become nemesis in no time at all.I've seen PhD's with the world at their feet turn into jabbering,washed out,medicated skintoes simply by being bowled over by a maiden's fetching glance or appreciation of wit.That's serious punting.I stick to the tame stuff.And I do get good days as well as bad.

Poor do at Lord's eh?Who is to be next captain?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
I was only joking previously as you probably realised.

I was told in all seriousness by a muslim member of a2k that "NOTHING" happens unless Allah wills it.

thus if you win the lottery, its because God ordained it.

If you toss a coin and it comes down heads, then that was Gods will.

If the same coin lands tails 4 times in a row, its not because the chance of that happening is 1/16 but because Allah WILLED it to happen.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 09:57 am
That's why people like "faith".It is impossible to argue with.The bombings are also the will of Allah of course.As is the choice of victims.Thus those who oppose the bombings,or our responses,are countermanding Allah but then his opposition is also the will of Allah and thus he is obeying Allah at the same time.

No wonder they need our help.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:17 am
Thats a good point Spendius

Those who oppose the muslims are opposing Allah and it is the will of Allah that they do so. It seems a bit harsh to then send them to hell for doing so.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:24 pm
What difference does it make where they go.That's the will of Allah as well.And it's the will of Allah that an ayatholla interprets one way and a (fill in your choice) interprets it another way.And the one is designing for deserts and arid mountains and the other for forests and rushing streams and we are all on each other's land and we fight over it when population densities require it and Allah is might and might is right.And they are bloody well out of order mate and they think we are and anybody who says they are not justified is underestimating the enemy and that will never do as a Russian general is quite likely to have said at some point.
Isn't history made by winners and that must be Allah's will based on facts.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 07:10 pm
Was Dodi a Muslim?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:38 pm
ConstitutionalGirl wrote:
Was Dodi a Muslim?

Some Egytians are Muslims, but I suppose, his full name - Emad El-Din Mohamed Abdel Moneim Fayed - clearly points in that direction Laughing
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:38 pm
Does any one know if either of the step sibs
(Camilla's children) would now, as a result of the marriage, have a place in line for the throne?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:44 pm
Camilla's two children will not be joining the Royal line of succession.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
Thanks Walter, but do you know how this all works
constitutionally? I would have thought that if Camilla can be wife and Queen, her children
would have some sort of automatic rights and an obscure place in succession ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:57 pm
Camilla will not be Queen but will be known as the Princess Consort when Charles becomes King.

As far as I know, Charles didn't adopt Camilla's children nor does he seem to want to do so.
So it's really no question about their status at all.

IF, however, he really would adopt them, the Royal line of succession had to be changed. And any change to this order would need the approval of every Commonwealth member state.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 12:58 pm
(there is no -written- constituion in the UK or the Commonwealth, btw.)
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:01 pm
That makes sense, thanks Walter. I wouldn't
have thought that adult children would need to be adopted? I thought they would automatically become step-children?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:03 pm
So, what are their titles (the step-sibs, if any?)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:12 pm
None, as far as I know, besides Mr./Mrs/Ms. Parker-Bowles.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:15 pm
Camilla's full titles (but not styles) after her marriage are

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales and Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland.

Clarence House has indicated that when Charles accedes the throne it is intended that she will use the title HRH The Princess Consort, although, as with the example of the Princess of Wales, technically as the wife of a King, Camilla would be Queen.

Source
with lots more infos.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 01:23 pm
Thanks Walter, great link!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 04:08 pm
Walter is off to take tea at Sandringham, I hear.

Why would Camilla's children by Mr Parker-Bowles have any claim on the line of succession? It doesn't work retrospectively.

(Why am I writing this as if I care?)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 09:44 pm
And I'm not off to Sandringham but to Norwich via Stansted Laughing
0 Replies