I miss my ex-boyfriend so much

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 04:25 am
I’ve been single for 8 months already but I can’t get over him yet. My ex-boyfriend who cheated on me through seeing another woman has left a big scar in my heart. But still, I miss him. I miss him so bad. Is that even possible for someone who was hurt so much? And I think I’m still into him. But a part of me wants to move on already, I think I deserve someone better. My friends keep on telling me that I should look for outlets to move on, like meeting some old colleagues or signing up to foreign dating events. But the main question is, can I do it? Please help me.

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 05:06 am
@hawkgirl92,
You can do anything you want to do.

However, you're clearly not ready to start dating again. Take this time to work on yourself. Refocus energy on education or better job prospects. Learn about your industry and seek out promotion opportunities. If none are available where you currently are, consider a job transfer or change jobs.

Look for ways to improve your life. Helping others is always a good thing. Volunteering is needed almost everywhere. Whether it's at a nursing home or school or animal shelter, the experience allows you to interact with all kinds of people.

Don't consider one bad experience to be the norm in your life. Chalk it up to bad timing and move on to bigger, better things and people. When you're ready to date again, it will be much nicer and easier. Until then, get moving.
0 Replies

Aetherian

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 05:52 am
@hawkgirl92,
Remember who you really are, unique as a centre of conscious awareness in the heart of the Absolute which is the source of all things.
The sun shines from which all energies derive in the solar system.
Face it and ask for the strength to put aside the experience and not be miserable over the loss of an insensitive betrayer of your affections. Forgive and carry on. I have found this helpful.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 05:49 pm
Something holds you to him. Define it. ( humor, looks, sex,) or maybe you are still in love with being in love.

Anyway ... he hurt you and is gone AND he is your past.

So find these “enduring qualities” that make you stuck in someone else, like a guy who is true and faithful.
0 Replies