How do you heal a broken heart?

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 03:30 am
I broke up with my girlfriend last month yet it feels like it was just yesterday. My friends and family were always there by my side after that painful break up. They never failed to make me feel important and worth loving for. They made me realize that they are just always there loving me for who I am and I am beyond blessed for that alone. But I still can’t figure out what it is that my heart is truly looking for. Don’t get me wrong. I am glad they are there for me--- my family and true friends. But it feels like there is still something missing in me. I think I have lost myself too the moment she chose to leave me.

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 07:00 am
@healmyheart87,
You're in mourning. The death of a relationship is a lot like the death of a person.

So treat yourself well. Spend time with friends. Get good exercise and food into you (e. g. you'll feel worse if you don't physically take care of yourself, so please do so).

Give yourself permission to feel sad. But not forever and don't dwell. If you have a chance to do something different, then do so, whether it's go to a movie or reading or making something or doing a difficult task at work or school. Immerse yourself in these things and allow them to take your mind off things. They will, if you let them.

If you find that nothing gives you peace, or you are still in mourning after maybe six months have elapsed, or if you ever feel like ending it all, I urge you to contact your doctor as soon as possible.

It's going to be okay.
healmyheart87

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 07:36 am
@jespah,
Hi @jespah! First thing's first, thank you for commenting on my post and for giving me such advice. It's helpful. I will do everything as you said. Thanks!
0 Replies