Do you think aluminum materials are commonly used in our daily life?

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:25 pm
Where do you usually use aluminum in your life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,962 • Replies: 21

blatham

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:27 pm
@Beauty550,
Matricide. The aluminum bats are great for that.
Beauty550

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:36 pm
@blatham,
That's amazing!
roger

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:02 pm
@Beauty550,
Maybe not so much - if you knew him better.
blatham

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 10:04 pm
@roger,
I'm sending you over the center field fence, boyo
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 11:28 pm
@Beauty550,
Quote:
Where do you usually use aluminum in your life?

Firstly, welcome to Able2Know, it's always a pleasure to meet another experimental physicist.

And I'm a bit of a fargone beauty myself as this post will attest.

I like to use the chemical element known as ALUMINIUM in my DIY trepanning.

I find that the extra oxygen combined with aluminium sprinkles gives me the Al₂O₃ boost that I madly crave.

I dismiss completely the scurrilous suggestion it's the cause of my early onset dementia.

When shopping, my only outing, I used to wear a small circular patterned rug on my pate to cover the trepanning dig site but I had to give that away because people were always stopping me to discuss religious and cultural matters beyond my ken.

Nowadays, I wear a rather stylish conical hat made of aluminium foil. I do so disdain tin don't you? Or is it distain din, few seem to know these days.

And people don't seem to bother me much at all these days.

Soon, my mountain of aluminium cans will be recycled for the cash to trade-in my alhat for a rather sleek rhodium model.

I can't say too much more at this juncture, incoming celestial interference is about to peak.

And remember: if ifs an' an's were pots an' pans there'd be no work for tinkers hands.

I'll leave you with my fave cooking song: Canned Heat On The Rhodium

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:02 am
I like to chew aluminum foil after I have a filling replaced in one of my jaw teeth.
Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:45 am
I use it to foil the enormities of the likes of Mr. Latham and Laughoutlouder.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:59 am
Drat, foiled again.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:02 am
@Beauty550,
People are more concerned with mind reading/altering rays from the illuminati AKA our federal government and therefore wear aluminum foil caps. WRONG!

They should be more worried about probing. That's why I wear aluminum foil boxer shorts.
blatham

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 07:20 am
@glitterbag,
"jaw teeth"

It's not often we get the opportunity to make even an oblique reference to vagina dentata.
engineer

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 08:04 am
@Beauty550,
You find aluminum in cars and planes because it is very lightweight, strong for its weight and corrosion resistant. Lots of cans are made of aluminum for the same reason. It is used in wiring in place of copper because it is cheap, easily formed and again, corrosion resistant. A quick Internet search would give you a more comprehensive picture.
Ragman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 08:28 am
@Beauty550,
I use it to contain many cans of spam.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 11:53 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I like to chew aluminum foil after I have a filling replaced in one of my jaw teeth.

Alright, you got me wondering now. Where else do you have teeth besides your jaw? But if you judge that the answer may be too shocking for me to deal with, then please don't respond.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 12:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
They should be more worried about probing. That's why I wear aluminum foil boxer shorts.

Nope. Believe it or not, in some situations, old-fashioned remedies trump technology. You can go ahead and try the tinfoil boxer shorts, but you'll still be screwed in the end. A cork is the solution. But it has to be threaded so that it screws in because, believe it or not, alien technology is so far advanced that simple screws that go into threaded holes are so far removed from them that it confounds them.

Of course, getting your rectum threaded in order for it to accept a threaded cork is more than likely just as bad as being probed--probably worse! Plus the aliens might become so frustrated that they'll just pull like hell on the cork until it's rips out. Then, besides having been probed anyway, you'll also have a lifetime of using Depends to look forward to. So I'd just take the probing and be happy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:02 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

"jaw teeth"

It's not often we get the opportunity to make even an oblique reference to vagina dentata.

Ok smarty pants, molars

And that goes for you too Glennn
blatham

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, whatever. Just don't bite.
0 Replies

Beauty550

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 07:29 pm
@engineer,
Yes, I agree with you.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 08:20 pm
Interestingly, people like to use aluminum because it doesn't oxidize, seemingly, but it does. It quickly oxidizes, but forms several layers of atoms that block the air and prevents any further oxidation.

Here's some comments from a discussion online:

"I have been reading up on thermite and the required ingredients. I have extremely fine aluminum powder from a small etch-a-sketch sitting on plastic wrap in my room. On the comments page of the site i got the thermite ingredients from, multiple people said that thermite could explode if you use too fine of a powder. I have also read that powdered aluminum can become very explosive when it is exposed to air or if it becomes damp. Ive gotten particulary worried because the humidity right now is 93%. So, is powdered aluminum too dangerous to have in house and is too fine powdered aluminum explosive when in thermite?
It's very explosive, like gun powder basically."

"I don't think you can injure yourself if particle size is micro sized and not nano-sized, the reaction might stop early due to the formation of a protective oxide layer. This reaction with water is not that dangerous with micro sized particles, I have personally done it 100s of times, the powder basically burns into a boiling black goo releasing hydrogen. It looks very similar to when you add HCl to aluminum scrap, it's a runaway reaction. Unless you do that with amounts larger than a pound, there won't be enough hydrogen accumulation in order to blow up a 250 square foot room but be safe, still."

Also, adding gallium to aluminum metal breaks it down rapidly.

Incidentally, the skin of the Hindenburg was painted with aluminum powder and iron oxide to reflect the rays of the Sun and prevent overheating. The skin was composed of separate stretched canvas panels that were painted with this aluminum and iron oxide powder. Of course the skin would have collected static electricity, but they were all connected with wires and the static electricity was discharged into the ground when the cable touched down. Unfortunately, there were a couple of panels in the top rear of the craft that hadn't been connected. So when the cable of the Hindenburg touched down all the static electricity discharged except from those two panels, and there was a difference in electric potential and a spark gap which hypothetically ignited the paint and caused the fire.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Its the Aluminati.
I cryolite , so much my head hurts