inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:39 pm
OK the point is that you can go to church and do the the right "christian" things but I know it says in the bible some where that once you turn from god you can never go back or some thing like that..... like once you've been a christian and you renounce god then you can't ever go back
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:26 pm
Once you go black, you never go back.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:27 pm
Baby got back.
0 Replies

chsshooter99

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:31 pm
I know that blasphemy is the one unforgivable sin.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:40 pm
You're certainly entitled to that opinion. I submit, however, that no academically sound, externally referential, independently verifiable, forensically valid support for that position exists.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 06:17 pm
chsshooter99 wrote:
I know that blasphemy is the one unforgivable sin.

I always thought that was masturbation....Whew, I guess I'm off the fish hook

And sometimes LTX wishes he was being dominated by 2 girls...

This CHS is a very lucky fella.
0 Replies

Symbiote

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:41 pm
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the one unforgivable sin, children. It's a shame that the atheist is the one that got it right.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 10:01 am
whatchoo talkin' bout willis ?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 01:03 pm
um, hey gues what? The bible says that the minute you ask forgiveness you are forgiven too. So what is it? Forgive if God feels like it?
0 Replies

chsshooter99

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 04:53 pm
God will forgive anything, but when you claim to be God and on the same level as him, he will not forgive that.
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:18 pm
chsshooter99 wrote:
God will forgive anything, but when you claim to be God and on the same level as him, he will not forgive that.

Ok here it goes... I AM ON THE SAME LEVEL AS GOD.............. oh crap i can't take that back... PLEASE FORGIVE ME ALMIGHTY ONE!! Razz
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:19 pm
chsshooter99 wrote:

oh and by the way.... how do you know what god will and will not forgive? Is there a certain list ? Surprised
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:22 pm
The bible actually does mention unforgivable sins, but somehow I think there would be a little more to it, inner-peace. We'll still let you be saved if you feel like it.
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:25 pm
SCoates wrote:
The bible actually does mention unforgivable sins, but somehow I think there would be a little more to it, inner-peace. We'll still let you be saved if you feel like it.

Nope don't feel like it. Razz
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:05 pm
SCoates wrote:

actually there is only 1 un-forigvable sin = blasphemy of the HOLY SPIRIT
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 07:39 am
inner-peace wrote:
chsshooter99 wrote:

oh and by the way.... how do you know what god will and will not forgive? Is there a certain list ? Surprised

Must be.... Laughing
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:48 pm
*slaps forehead*

Atheists act like they understand, and many of the Christians in this thread don't understand it to defend it. See? Both sides suck. Razz

There is an unforgivable sin. But, in fact, this sin cannot be committed by a true Christian.

An unforgivable sin is described in Mark 3 and Matthew 12. These passages involve Jesus Christ's repeated and widespread public defeat of Satan and his demons. Many readers and theologians have been confused about the true nature of this sin. As you read these verses for yourself (below), bear in mind part of the purpose of Jesus Christ's ministry was to directly confront darkness with the light of truth in a public battle of pure good versus pure evil. The only being in the universe that is more powerful than the Evil One, is God. He is the only one with enough power to bind Satan himself and forcibly dispossess him.

Mark 3:22-30 states:

"And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, 'He has Beelzebub,' and, 'By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.' ...'Assuredly, I [Jesus] say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation;' because they said, 'He has an unclean spirit'" (NKJV, emphasis added / Note: The Pharisees made the same charge in Mat 9:34.).

In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus says to the Pharisees:

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come" (NKJV, emphasis added).

So, what is the context of these statements, and what is the exact sin described?

The Pharisees had long observed the sinless Jesus Christ. They observed him doing undeniable and powerful miracles that were, at the very least, clear evidence of power supplied by God. These impressive miracles were freely given in pure kindness and love to release people from obvious suffering and the oppression of horrible evil.

However, the Pharisees had so firmly set their hearts against accepting Jesus as the Messiah that they rejected the obvious truth before them and perversely twisted it to influence the crowds. They publicly credited the most ultimately evil being in the universe with these precious, godly miracles. In other words, they called the precious and holy Spirit of God, the unclean spirit of Satan. In effect, they charged Jesus Christ with sorcery; one who is in league with Satan. These charges are not only appalling and extremely serious, but clearly absurd. As Jesus immediately responded:

"How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house" (Mark 3:23-27; also see Luke 11:14-23).

Note that...

"Jesus does not deny the existence of other exorcists here. [See: Matthew 7:22-23] ...Exorcists often invoked a higher spirit to get rid of a lower one. ...But a demon's retreat that meanwhile drew attention to another of Satan's servants would only be a strategic retreat; such possible activity contrasts with the wholesale exorcizing of the masses that Jesus undertakes, which clearly signifies a defeat of Satan [Matthew 12:29; 4:24; 8:16; Mark 1:34, 39; 5:12, 15; Luke 9:1] ...the parable about tying up a protective householder means that Jesus had defeated Satan and could therefore plunder his possessions--free the demon-possessed" [Craig S. Keener, The IVP Bible Background Commentary, New Testament (Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 1993), pp. 143, 80.].

Author Dr. Henry Morris insightfully clarifies the true nature of Pharisees' sin:

Quote:
"The unforgivable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways, but the true meaning cannot contradict other Scripture. It is unequivocally clear that the one unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ (John 3:18; 3:36). Thus, speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible. 'My spirit shall not always strive with man,' God said long ago (Genesis 6:3). ...In the context of this particular passage (Matthew 12:22-32), Jesus had performed a great miracle of creation, involving both healing and casting out a demon, but the Pharisees rejected this clear witness of the Holy Spirit. Instead they attributed His powers to Satan, thus demonstrating an attitude permanently resistant to the Spirit, and to the deity and saving Gospel of Christ" [Henry M. Morris, The Defender's Study Bible (Iowa Falls, Iowa: World Bible Publishers, 1995), emphasis added.].

So...there's that.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 06:07 pm
So you're saying inner-peace is completely lost to us?

Tragic.

Should you tell him, or shall I?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 06:08 am
I think that the only way you could even ever have a chance is to be completely re-born. This is just my idea, but I would say that you would have to let every person you witnessed the blasphomey to, you would have to speak with them again about how you have changed and have seen the light. That's what I think anyways.
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:46 am
Did you guys read what I wrote?

The only sin that is unforgivable is living your life away from Jesus, so that you don't ask for forgiveness. Read it again.
0 Replies