Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:04 pm
Two girls have taken religion and try to shove it down everyone in the schools throats. They should be ashamed of themselves and if they are such good christians, they shouldn't even be thinking about doing the stuff they have done.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 14,884 • Replies: 238
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:14 am
antigodsquad - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

We are bright, witty folks over here at A2K. One thing that we are not, are mind readers. I don't have the foggiest idea to what you are referring. Would you please elaborate!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:54 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
One thing that we are not, are mind readers.

Shocked You're not? :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:57 am
Bella Dea- Shhh..........Don't let the cat out of the bag. If people knew, they would be after me with the silliest questions! :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:03 am
It's quit obvious, antigodsquad is talking about the situation at Centerburg High School in Mount Vernon, Ohio.

This has really nothing to do with Phoenix excellent knowledge of mind reading :wink:
0 Replies

antigodsquad

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:41 am
yes it is at centerburg high school. there are a whole group of hipocrits walking around with bible's. it's one person after another jumping on the bandwagon that takes religion too far. it is almost a cult. i am very religious but i know what the bible says because i've read it and understand it.....in doing that i understand that religion is a private matter inwhich god would rather u pray to him alone than in front of 10 people because it is a sacred thing. kelly kenzie chelsea and the rest of them are not keeping it that way...u ladies need to get over urself.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:55 am
antigodsquad- Yes, religion IS a personal thing. These girls only have power, because other students give it to them. Ignore these girls, and believe what you want.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:58 am
Phoenix, you are so wise. Very Happy

Cut the legs out from under them and they won't be able to run anymore. (metaphorically speaking of course) Meaning, take away the fuel and they will lose their power.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:06 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
...at Centerburg High School in Mount Vernon, Ohio.

Just to clarify, CHS is in Centerburg, Ohio. Mt. Vernon is a good 30 minute drive from here.

Anyway, I know exactly what you are talking about, antigodsquad. I am a Christian myself, and am given a bad name due to these two girls. One particular day first period, somebody (who is also on this forum) confronted them with some decent questions. He didn't care even if they just said "I don't know, but I still have faith." To him, that would have been a perfectly acceptable answer. However, what they did was go on the defensive, claiming that they were being unjustly attacked.

In my opinion, they do give Christians a bad name at this school. Instead of merely inviting them to come to youth group, church, etc., they badger you day in and day out, until you say something back, which they interpret as an attack on their beliefs. This doesn't always happen during school, though. It also happens during sports activities.

The most important fact to consider is that more often than not, they consider themselves to be holier-then-thou induviduals, reassuring themselves of their overwhelming authority. I overheard a conversation between two of them once, and they did just that. "He's so stupid. Does he think he's insulting me by calling me a member of the 'God Squad'?"

I just hope that this does not deter people away from Christianity. They do not pose good examples of Christians.

And antigodsquad, what are your initials? I haven't been able to figure out who you are yet. There are a lot of CHS people on A2K nowadays...
0 Replies

antigodsquad

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:21 pm
my initials are jm
0 Replies

antigodsquad

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:25 pm
So no guesses? you guys know who i am. I've known all of you since kindergarten.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:38 pm
Man, that is a bad situation. I go to a catholic school (not actually catholic, or christian myself for that matter) and it is almost the opposite. Most people have turned away from christianity since the begining of high school. Most people either see at as no longer neccessary and decide not to decide whether they believe in god or not, because it is irrelevant. It actually makes school alot nicer, no religious groups within our school, only the normal ones (which totally overlap eachother).
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 05:29 pm
antigodsquad wrote:
So no guesses? you guys know who i am. I've known all of you since kindergarten.

I have an idea of who you might be, but I won't post your name (or anyone else's name) on a public forum (I'm an advocate for online privacy).

Etruscia wrote:
Man, that is a bad situation. I go to a catholic school (not actually catholic, or christian myself for that matter) and it is almost the opposite. Most people have turned away from christianity since the begining of high school. Most people either see at as no longer neccessary and decide not to decide whether they believe in god or not, because it is irrelevant. It actually makes school alot nicer, no religious groups within our school, only the normal ones (which totally overlap eachother).

In my opinion, that would be the ideal high school, since it should be secular to begin with.
0 Replies

cburgchica

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:49 pm
I have just recently gotten to know the 'god sqaud' and personally i am ashamed of myself for all the prejudgements i made about them. even though they may have done some messed up stuff in the past, who hasnt. yes it says in the bible to worship him silently but it also says to be his shepard meaning bring more people to him. the 'god sqaud' may do so in an agressive way but im sure if you tell them they will back off. i encourage people to just sit down and talk to them for awhile and they will realize they arent half bad. thats what i did.
0 Replies

centerburg06

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:56 pm
i agree with you because they can be alright, but they still have cult like personalities.
0 Replies

antigodsquad

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 10:31 am
Exactly, centerburg06. They are nice and I like them a whole lot until they bring up religion or anything to do with religion. But if you tell them to back off, they think they are but they just keep pushing. Their way of thinking is the only right way.
0 Replies

antigodsquad

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 11:08 am
Many of you are thinking that maybe i just don't beleive in what they are doing and am doing the same thing they are(shoving my beliefs down their throats) but that's not the reason i'm even on here. I just want to open their eyes to what they are doing to themselves and their peers. One student, friends of all in the school, saw it before anyone in the school, and he tried to do something about it. But of course, they tried telling him he was wrong. But he knew he wasn't. You girls, with your pajama parties and trying to take over basketball games need to calm yourselves. Because this might be all well and good now, but what happens after high school? You all try to be the best and have to be absolutly perfect in every single class, one of you cannot even do post-secondary because you wouldn't be able to be validictorian. Besides church and school, what else are you involved in? After high school, you all are going to be lost. Because no one is going to care or know who you are once you leave centerburg and the same person i referenced to earlier, is going to be done. Everyone has known you because of your sisters but once you go to college they aren't going to know your "last name". I just hope you guys realize what you're doing.
0 Replies

cburg2006

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 01:09 pm
wow i am really shocked. if everyone at chs wants it to stop seriously just stay out of it. yelling at each other is not helping. and everyone complains about the "god squad" making fun of people and gossiping...what do you think you all are doing about them. im not trying to stick up for anyone, its just nonsence that this is all still going on. yes alot of friendships have been broken yes alot of people have been critized but let me remind you all this is high school. every thing will change you will leave chs and move on, you will look back and say wow i did the same as them.
0 Replies

centerburg06

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 04:48 pm
this isn't gossip..this is our turn to say something without starting a feud. that's it...so if u have facts about whats going on then share them.. if not...just dont' say anything.
0 Replies

cburg2006

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:14 pm
this is too gossip....gossip is defined as rumor or talk of a personal, sensational or intimate nature...i think all this crap is def. gossip...you just dont realize it...
0 Replies