Bankruptcy laws amended. And the big winner is????

PKB

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:15 am
If bankruptcy laws are going to be changed, regardless of who they benefit, there should be some changes credit card companies should be forced to make also.

1. No more should credit card companies be allowed to push their cards to college students by paying colleges for access to the campus. How many students leave college already in debt with student loans alone? It is just too easy for students to get their hands on a credit card.

2. Credit card companies should not be able mail offers to potential customers. If I want your card, I'll contact you. I get soooooooo tired of the enormous amount of card offers from various card companies.

Another thought is for all of those out there who are suffering from identity theft. I wonder if this law will have an impact on these people. For some of them it is probably easier to file for bankruptcy than try to fight to prove that the debts are not theirs and they are who they say they are.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:51 am
A good friend of mine who is a bankruptcy attorney told me that the law is a hatchet job written and passed to benefit cronies of bush, but that the lobbyists who basically wrote it had no real understanding of bankruptcy law and there's so many holes in the new law you can drive a truck through them.

Count on bushco's incompetence to bite it in the ass no matter what they try to do. Why should bankruptcy be different from Iraq or disaster relief?
0 Replies