farmerman

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:04 am
That may be, but its only your word and thats hardly proof enough. Guitars are a "myth" foisted on us by musical elitists.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:21 am
The earliest evidence of guitar has been tracked back to Babylonian clay relief found in Asia Minor, dating back as far as 1900 B.C. Probably the earliest surviving relative of the guitar was discovered in an Ancient Egyptian tomb. It is thought to date from between 1500 and 2000 B.C.
That means it must have pre-dated "Kum By Yah" by quite a substantial margin.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:38 am
Thats what you believe because youve been "brainwashed" by Godless evo-luthenists
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:46 am
Well, you just show me one guitar that can evolve into a piano and I'll convert my own self today!! They say it all started when people began to shun the wicked guitars used in "early" music.....the so-called "evil lute shun-ists"
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:57 am
Quote:
Well, you just show me one guitar that can evolve into a piano and I'll convert my own self today!! They say it all started when people began to shun the wicked guitars used in "early" music.....the so-called "evil lute shun-ists"

Everyone knows that guitars evolve into pianos all the time...gosh, it's just a fact! It's survival of the loudest at its best.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:01 am
If you do happen to run across any guitars turning into pianos, and obtain film of it happening, I will just call it micro-music, and, having named it, claim it doesn't count.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:05 am
Brandon, be reasonable.

Just because you can play an " f " on a "lute" does not mean you can play a flute.

..and need I remind you that both C and B can be found between the D&A. (It's all to do with the string sequence)
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:08 am
That's not micro, micro is when a bass guitar turns into a regular six-string...duh! They're obviously different species!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:10 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
That's not micro, micro is when a bass guitar turns into a regular six-string...duh! They're obviously different species!

And be sure to rely on fantasy, magic, and the lore of the ancients, but criticize the other guy for the tiniest lapse, even imaginary, in the scientific method.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:20 am
I didn't mean to be offensive...anyways, I thought that the scientific method was infallible.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:21 am
thunder, maybe Brandon is a Bass player...you know how defensive they get. Wink
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:23 am
....must be. Oh well, maybe he'll get a taste of what crap I have to deal with for being a christian.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:27 am
Thunder...nah, you'll still cop all the crap.

That's only fair though, cause we get all the judgemental stuff instead.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:39 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
I didn't mean to be offensive...anyways, I thought that the scientific method was infallible.

People are fallible in its application, but the scientific method is the surest way of learning the truth, especially when your woodwind section is a little weak.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:11 am
Brandon is right Thunder. (I don't mean about your woodwind section - a bit personal that)

I think if you stopped being so defensive about your faith and truly learned about the scientific method and science history - you'd see that science is not against your god, and there really are very good scientists who have a strong faith that fits with conservative science. I don't mean getting information about science from a church. Let your preists tell you about god, let scientists tell you about science. You are smart enough to manage both.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:14 am
Well, all I can say is it's a good thing God doesn't require a knowledge of how to build gitfiddles (or quantum pianos) in order to understand such high falutin concepts as "thou shalt not steal".

Ya know?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:19 pm
wandeljw wrote:
My only premise is that there is no need for the Bible to be scientifically accurate. Science textbooks deal with physical matter, the Bible addresses spiritual issues.

Some spiritual issues require scientists to actually think... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:31 pm
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
I'm just a friend of Joe Sixpack, the quintessential common man. If he can't understand it, it may very well not be true.

Unusual logic, I have no understanding of how to make a guitar, they therefore do not exist.

I cannot understand God therefore he does not exist... (cynical)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:14 am
I been talking to Joe Sixpack and he says he's mighty sorry y'all can't understand what I said. I told him it was my fault, that I expected too much and he said "OK. But try again, neo".
So, here it is.

Bible: Exodus 20:13. "You must not murder."
Clergyman: "Murder is forbidden; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." (With thanks to Voltaire, who saw the obvious.)
Luther: "It is God who wages war."
Politician: "War is a by-product of the arts of peace." (With thanks to Ambrose Bierce.)
Joe: "Neo; Can't them brain fellows read?"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:17 am
neo, Do you write scripts for comic books?
0 Replies