RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 04:05 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, I don't have to rewrite history; but you sure do! Show us any evidence that your imaginary friend ever existed - now or in the past. Evidence we can all agree is substantiated by observation.

You can't use the bible to support the bible. That's called circular logic.

So should I use "your (or anyone else's) opinion" to support the Bible or study the Bible to understand what it means.

2Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Comment:

You are just simply wrong.

Now, should we look up the words (private interpretation) in a dictionary or look them up in the Bible where the words have been used before to understand the passage?

It seems you have gone the dictionary route...

But when you look the words up in the Bible THEY DEFINE THEMSELVES...

It is no wonder why you reject the Bible and God... You have PRIVATELY INTERPRETED the Bible to fit YOUR OWN private Godless religion.

Since you are back up this silly alley, Rex...I'll give you another shot at it.

Take a look at this quote from the Bible again...and do not interpret it. The words, as you pointed out, define themselves.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13

So what are the words saying? What is being taught here? What does your god think about homosexual activity?

C'mon, Rex.

I have explained this and you simply hate the God of the Bible out of laziness and complacency AND so you DON'T LISTEN ANYWAY... God is JUST but you are the one projecting your own evil into the Bible. It is there for you to do so. You are not God Frank but you think you can judge the wisdom of God but you have only made yourself into the fool.

What is the point?

When I explained that exact scripture 20 pages back my answer was the same as it is now... It was the same answer as when I explained it 5 years ago to you.

THERE ARE TWO GODS IN THE BIBLE. MOSES WAS NOT INFALLIBLE. But, you are quite fallible. Especially how you select only the scriptures that you are motivated at any cost to make God (of the Bible) look bad. You cancel out the good of God for your "man in the dark" routine...

I do not have to ignore or skip over scriptures in the Bible as you do. If I were to take one part and not the rest than the Bible would be no better than any other book. I take the Bible as God inspirited. You hack and slash... It is no wonder you don't know God... You never wanted to know God. Law was supplied in the OT because there was a limited connection to God spiritually. But it seems you cannot comprehend such loft.

So go hate the TRUE God of the Bible out of wrong teaching and ignorance if it brings you self deliverance from you own fabricated fears...

Jeremiah 2:13
For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Law versus liberty

Something Frank you may seemingly never understand.

Frank have you every had a STD? Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Genital warts, Aids, Herpes? The list goes on... You can't go to the rabbi and get a vaccination in the desert and a handful of condoms at the bar free.

STD's are a fate often worse than stoning especially how they can often spread without even having sexual contact in some cases. How about a tiny little case of spinal meningitis?

Adulterers were stoned to death too. (why don't you post those scriptures?) they wouldn't suit your purpose in defaming God would they Frank. They would more than less take the wind out of your sails.

Do you think people may have SURVIVED due to the harshness of these laws?

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 04:15 pm
spendius wrote:

Not very humble is it Rex?

Isn't a Godly person supposed to be humble?

I guess I did not thank you for sticking up for me...

Thanks.

I really did not even want to deal with LW's remarks. You did for me and I was going to try to leave it at that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 04:19 pm
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, I don't have to rewrite history; but you sure do! Show us any evidence that your imaginary friend ever existed - now or in the past. Evidence we can all agree is substantiated by observation.

So should I use "your (or anyone else's) opinion" to support the Bible or study the Bible to understand what it means.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Comment:

Now, should we look up the words (private interpretation) in a dictionary or look them up in the Bible where the words have been used before to understand the passage?

It is no wonder why you reject the Bible and God... You have PRIVATELY INTERPRETED the Bible to fit YOUR OWN private Godless religion.

Take a look at this quote from the Bible again...and do not interpret it. The words, as you pointed out, define themselves.

So what are the words saying? What is being taught here? What does your god think about homosexual activity?

C'mon, Rex.

I have explained this and you simply hate the God of the Bible out of laziness and complacency AND so you DON'T LISTEN ANYWAY... God is JUST but you are the one projecting your own evil into the Bible. It is there for you to do so. You are not God Frank but you think you can judge the wisdom of God but you have only made yourself into the fool.

What is the point?

When I explained that exact scripture 20 pages back my answer was the same as it is now... It was the same answer as when I explained it 5 years ago to you.

THERE ARE TWO GODS IN THE BIBLE. MOSES WAS NOT INFALLIBLE. But, you are quite fallible. Especially how you select only the scriptures that you are motivated at any cost to make God (of the Bible) look bad. You cancel out the good of God for your "man in the dark" routine...

I do not have to ignore or skip over scriptures in the Bible as you do. If I were to take one part and not the rest than the Bible would be no better than any other book. I take the Bible as God inspirited. You hack and slash... It is no wonder you don't know God... You never wanted to know God. Law was supplied in the OT because there was a limited connection to God spiritually. But it seems you cannot comprehend such loft.

So go hate the TRUE God of the Bible out of wrong teaching and ignorance if it brings you self deliverance from you own fabricated fears...

For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Law versus liberty

Frank have you every had a STD? Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Genital warts, Aids, Herpes? The list goes on... You can't go to the rabbi and get a vaccination in the desert and a handful of condoms at the bar free.

STD's are a fate often worse than stoning especially how they can often spread without even having sexual contact in some cases. How about a tiny little case of spinal meningitis?

Adulterers were stoned to death too. (why don't you post those scriptures?) they wouldn't suit your purpose in defaming God would they Frank. They would more than less take the wind out of your sails.

AND THIS IS THE GUY CLAIMING OTHERS ARE DISTORTING THE BIBLE BY INTERPRETING IT CONVENIENTLY!!!

What a laugh!

But what a pity there are people so frightened of this particular boogeyman that they will torture logic and the language to pretend the god is not the barbaric, murderous monster it is.

Hey...whatever get ya past the graveyard.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 04:44 pm
Yup - we all gotta deal with our fears whatever way we know how....
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 05:05 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Comment:

C'mon, Rex.

What is the point?

Law versus liberty

AND THIS IS THE GUY CLAIMING OTHERS ARE DISTORTING THE BIBLE BY INTERPRETING IT CONVENIENTLY!!!

What a laugh!

But what a pity there are people so frightened of this particular boogeyman that they will torture logic and the language to pretend the god is not the barbaric, murderous monster it is.

Hey...whatever get ya past the graveyard.

http://www.theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/22SxSo/PnSx/HSx/StatsSdmy.htm

How about this excerpt?
- Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.5

Comment:
Do you think maybe God knows something?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 05:38 pm
snood wrote:

Fears are better "defeated" rather than "dealt with"...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 06:41 pm
RexRed wrote:
[How about this excerpt?
- Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.5

Comment:

So are you saying that the passage applies...or does not apply?

And don't you think stoning someone to death is even more of a risk than dealing with sexually tranmitted diseases?

It is incredible the kinds of mental gymnastics you folks are willing to do in order not to acknowledge that this supposed book of god...is no more reliable as an indicator of "what is" than is Snow White.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 06:54 pm
RexRed wrote:
snood wrote:

Jeez, there wasn't even anything in what I said to argue about...

I bow to your superior semantics, oh most wise.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 07:27 pm
snood wrote:
RexRed wrote:
snood wrote:

Jeez, there wasn't even anything in what I said to argue about...

I bow to your superior semantics, oh most wise.

I really didn't mean to be picky just wanted to pass that on.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 07:45 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
[How about this excerpt?

Comment:

So are you saying that the passage applies...or does not apply?

And don't you think stoning someone to death is even more of a risk than dealing with sexually transmitted diseases?

It is incredible the kinds of mental gymnastics you folks are willing to do in order not to acknowledge that this supposed book of god...is no more reliable as an indicator of "what is" than is Snow White.

Life is complicated Frank as it is. The passage definitely applied back then but today it deserves consideration but does not necessarily apply. (except in heinous rape and murder cases.)

4 to 5000 years ago I say the laws of the OT were fair considering the risk to the "tribe" (and we must not forget the promised Christ seed and God's REAL foreknowledge)...

Today they (OT laws) do not apply as much because the health risk on promiscuous sex is only 600 time greater rather than several thousand percent as it was back then.

The same with pork/ham it was considered "unclean" because of the disease and the process of curing most often failed. Whole families died from one meal. How often do we die from unclean pork today? (no pun intended) Smile

But again Frank you are not often likely to give God the benefit of the doubt because you really have something to prove... You have a hidden agenda that clouds the real scriptural meaning. Hatred for what the church/religion did to you as a child maybe. No worse than what you are doing to God now.

Now who is really playing the mental gymnastics?

STD's are science not Snow White...

Peace with God
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 02:43 am
RexRed wrote:

Life is complicated Frank as it is. The passage definitely applied back then but today it deserves consideration but does not necessarily apply. (except in heinous rape and murder cases.)

Wake up for crissake!

The passage says that homosexual acts are an ABOMINATION in the eyes of your god...and that folks who engage in homosexual activity should be stoned to death...and that they deserve such a punishment for offending your god by their behavior.

We are discussing the penalty for one man sucking another man's cock...not rape nor murder.

WAKE THE HELL UP!

Quote:

4 to 5000 years ago I say the laws of the OT were fair considering the risk to the "tribe" (and we must not forget the promised Christ seed and God's REAL foreknowledge)...

Are you actually pretending that the idiot god of the Bible thought homosexual activity was such an abomination that people ought to stone other people to death if they found them engaging in it....but then changed its mind??????

Quote:
Today they (OT laws) do not apply as much because the health risk on promiscuous sex is only 600 time greater rather than several thousand percent as it was back then.

You gotta be shyttin' me! This is even more desperate then usual.

Read the passage and let it speak for itself...as you advise us to do. Stop with all the revision and speculation...because you say it should not be done.

Quote:

But again Frank you are not often likely to give God the benefit of the doubt because you really have something to prove... You have a hidden agenda that clouds the real scriptural meaning. Hatred for what the church/religion did to you as a child maybe. No worse than what you are doing to God now.

There is absolutely nothing about my agenda that is hidden. And I do not hate your god any more than I hate the Grinch that stole Christmas (and for the same reason.)

Quote:
Now who is really playing the mental gymnastics?

YOU!

Quote:

Peace with God

May Zeus shine his light upon you too, Rex.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 07:32 am
Quote:
Evolution's Lonely Battle in a Georgia Classroom
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 07:35 am
FA wrote-

Quote:
Wake up...or lay off the beer, Spendi.

Rex is asserting that the Bible is the literal word of his god...and he claims it should not be interpreted...but used exactly as written.

So I am challenging him.

Come on Frank- that won't do at all. Any plonker can respond to a point like that but it is considered unseemly for grown up men.

A puff of a zephyr can blow Rex away. Call that a challenge. That's like throwing big dusters at a pile of empty cans from 3 feet at the fairground to win a prize worth half the entrance fee.

By answering Rex on the literal interpretation you are three quarters of the way to taking it seriously.

Right-

Not only was my point valid it was also limited in scope.

Other points to consider from 3000 years ago might include

1-The removal of a role for the ladies which is important not only to make money go round faster but also to prevent them having nothing to do which always results in them creating mischief. Big Business is hardly going to approve of a need being satisfied on a DIY mutual lending system.

2-The difficulties encountered when sexual jealousy is aroused in close knit military units.

3-The threat to the birth rate if male homosexuality became popular for wallet protection schemes which would quickly result in the authorities having nobody to shove around.

4-The dying out of traditional practices such as-

a-The Chinook.
b-The Fork Lift Truck.
c-The Flying Buttress.
d-The Chicago Shuffle.
e-The Dutch Wink.
f- Newton's Cradle.etc
and replacing them with Hobson's Choice.

5-The absence of inspiration to compose lines such as-

"The one with the moustache says "Jeeze-I can't find my knees", or The Song of Solomon and its plethora of derivatives.

6-The extermination of the sense of humour.

All these considerations, and much more, must be taken into account to understand why society disapproves of male homosexuality and in the days of Leviticus that disapproval resulted in a stoning whereas in our more humane times derisory contempt is all we are allowed. Nothing much has changed except the manner in which the disapproval is expressed.

Wilful failure to see this point is "obtuse" which is where I came in.

Answer that Frank.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 11:29 am
spendius wrote:
FA wrote-

Quote:
Wake up...or lay off the beer, Spendi.

Rex is asserting that the Bible is the literal word of his god...and he claims it should not be interpreted...but used exactly as written.

So I am challenging him.

Come on Frank- that won't do at all. Any plonker can respond to a point like that but it is considered unseemly for grown up men.

A puff of a zephyr can blow Rex away. Call that a challenge. That's like throwing big dusters at a pile of empty cans from 3 feet at the fairground to win a prize worth half the entrance fee.

By answering Rex on the literal interpretation you are three quarters of the way to taking it seriously.

Right-

Not only was my point valid it was also limited in scope.

Other points to consider from 3000 years ago might include

1-The removal of a role for the ladies which is important not only to make money go round faster but also to prevent them having nothing to do which always results in them creating mischief. Big Business is hardly going to approve of a need being satisfied on a DIY mutual lending system.

2-The difficulties encountered when sexual jealousy is aroused in close knit military units.

3-The threat to the birth rate if male homosexuality became popular for wallet protection schemes which would quickly result in the authorities having nobody to shove around.

4-The dying out of traditional practices such as-

a-The Chinook.
b-The Fork Lift Truck.
c-The Flying Buttress.
d-The Chicago Shuffle.
e-The Dutch Wink.
f- Newton's Cradle.etc
and replacing them with Hobson's Choice.

5-The absence of inspiration to compose lines such as-

"The one with the moustache says "Jeeze-I can't find my knees", or The Song of Solomon and its plethora of derivatives.

6-The extermination of the sense of humour.

All these considerations, and much more, must be taken into account to understand why society disapproves of male homosexuality and in the days of Leviticus that disapproval resulted in a stoning whereas in our more humane times derisory contempt is all we are allowed. Nothing much has changed except the manner in which the disapproval is expressed.

Wilful failure to see this point is "obtuse" which is where I came in.

Answer that Frank.

If the Bible is what I suspect it to be...and what almost any reasonable person would suspect it to be...

...then you are right on target.

If it is a book written by superstitious, relatively unknowledgeable, relatively unsophisticated, ancient Hebrew men...putting their thoughts, mores, and prejudices into the mouth of a god they invented...

...you are "the man!"

I will accept your chastizement...and not pick on Rex...who thinks otherwise...unless he begs for it.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
It was interesting to read, Wandel, at the end of that article, the clincher--that there were 20 states rated as having sound evolution standards, and that that was down from 24 in the previous year. Neither figure is even half the states, and the organization quoted--Fordham Institute--is a conservative organization which cannot be reasonably alleged to have a political agenda against right-wing christians.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 12:52 pm
Frank-

Never forget the translator.

Quote:
Biblical translations
Many of Tyndale's translations - of the entire Pentateuch, the Books of Joshua, Judges, Ruth, First and Second Samuel, First and Second Kings, First and Second Chronicles (contained in Matthew's Bible of 1537), and of the Book of Jonah - formed the basis for respective portions in the Authorized Version, in which they constitute nine-tenths of the said chapters. Moreover, his translations make up significant portions of the Revised Version.

His Biblical translations appeared in the following order: New Testament, 1525-26 ; Pentateuch, 1530; Jonah, 1531. There is no general title of the Pentateuch; each separate book (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) has its own title.

Tyndale was strangled and his body burned at the stake in Antwerp in 1536.

A committee of bishops used his translations to agree on the King James version.

King James was a pretty superstitious, relatively unknowledgeable, relatively unsophisticated, Scottish plonker who had his thoughts, mores, and prejudices put into the mouth of a god he invented.

And he didn't even have electric windows.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 12:55 pm
I would imagine that the high priests of the Intelligent Design movement and the Discovery Institute have electric windows.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 12:57 pm
Setanta,

I was also surprised at the poor rating on state standards regarding evolution education. The news article I posted reveals interference with science education that otherwise escapes public notice.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 01:56 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Setanta,

I was also surprised at the poor rating on state standards regarding evolution education. The news article I posted reveals interference with science education that otherwise escapes public notice.

And Georgia state standards are limited by separation of church and state... That does not make them right or complimantary to the TRUTH...

Evolution does not disprove creation. In order for things to evolve there needs to be materials PRESENT first. What is her SCIENTIFIC explanation for what started the big bang? Big silence and BLANK look on her face? This is not science it is a dictatorship.

So this Georgia teacher has just shown how partial she is at teaching only one perspective. Without even a single mention of a creator or intelligent design is narrow minded blasphemy. She PERSONALLY fought even the mention of a creative force. That would have actually been too much for her pea brain to handle.

This only shows that public schools have been sterilized of God and in time we will see the corruption that this false "education" fosters. We are already seeing it in Columbine and at schools around the country. Godlessness promotes godlessness.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:12 pm
This thread seems to be unlocked on the new system...
0 Replies