RexRed

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:22 pm
neologist wrote:
Simply to illustrate that the earth wasn't created in 7 literal days.

Oh I see... thx for clarifying... The thing to do is not argue with creationists but use their own Bible to teach the evolution... They have injected creation because it is the easiest thing to conceive of... They see the word created used in Eden and suddenly they interpret it as God created this and God created that... they do not realize the word is only used once in regard to God created man in his own image... Biblical researchers do not even know what the image of God is... it is spirit. It takes a scientific mind to explain this Bible to these dogma absorbed Christians.

Scientists knowing even less about the Bible absorb the dogma too... I almost wonder if the dogma was created by misguided Christians to divert scientists from realizing/discovering the Bible was written by the greatest scientist that ever lived... God.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:49 pm
That the bible has been misquoted, misrepresented and used to justify every conceivable sin is no evidence of it's untruthfulness. That it has survived under vigorous attempts at suppression bears testimony to its veracity.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:57 pm
neologist wrote:
That the bible has been misquoted, misrepresented and used to justify every conceivable sin is no evidence of it's untruthfulness. That it has survived under vigorous attempts at suppression bears testimony to its veracity.

The Bible can either be self interpreted or interpret itself.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:01 pm
RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:

My brother taught chemistry at the U of Maine. I realy enjoyed my visits there.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:06 pm
neologist wrote:
RexRed wrote:
neologist wrote:

My brother taught chemistry at the U of Maine. I realy enjoyed my visits there.

I was a performing music major there.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:10 pm
Here is a question that I will answer in a few...

How can anyone derive the "truth" from a book that has been so misunderstood?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:16 pm
RexRed wrote:
I believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible but most people do not take it literally they fabricate their own meaning (thus religion).

Ok, I take it back. You're not a Deist, you're some kind of "That's my theory, and I'm stickin' with it" type of Deist/Creationist/Artist Smile I don't have any idea how to classify you, and I'm not even sure a classification exists for you Wink

Have fun.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:20 pm
Quote "Ok, I take it back. You're not a Deist, you're some kind of "That's my theory, and I'm stickin' with it" type of Deist/Creationist/Artist I don't have any idea how to classify you, and I'm not even sure a classification exists for you

Have fun. " Pretty much covers it for me too! Religion and logic can't co-exist.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:05 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Quote "Ok, I take it back. You're not a Deist, you're some kind of "That's my theory, and I'm stickin' with it" type of Deist/Creationist/Artist I don't have any idea how to classify you, and I'm not even sure a classification exists for you

Have fun. " Pretty much covers it for me too! Religion and logic can't co-exist.

I will agree faith seems to sometimes jump from logic... but that is logic too... There are many forms of abstract logic in nature too... It is a matter of which reality you are basing your logic on... Smile

here is something I just wrote...

Keys that unlock doors of understanding and signposts that tell you which direction you are going...

Principles of biblical research

Before one even starts there has to be a belief that it is "The word of God" and is perfect. Scientifically accurate and mathematically precise. Not on the outside but on the inside.

So thus God has a meaning for every word where when and how he uses it.

The word interprets itself...

IN THE VERSE
90% of the word interprets itself right in the verse where it is written... like "Jesus went to Bethany" well what did he do? He went to Bethany... no mystery to that...

IN THE CONTEXT
The first time a word is used in the Bible it is usually defined... We look to where the word has been used before.
 But sometimes the word does not appear but only once, then we look to roots of the word, secular literature and history.

IN THE REMOTE CONTEXT
Many parables were not reveled till a few chapters later...
Yet people do not go to where their meaning is revealed in the text but make up their own meanings to the symbols.

TO WHOM IS THE WORD ADDRESSED?
Is it addressed to Adam and Eve?
The Church? The Jews? The Gentiles?
Not understanding this has led to much confusion...
Who were the Gospels addressed to? You might be surprised by the answer.

FIGURES OF SPEECH
God uses figures of speech to emphasize what he is trying to convey. Usually God is literal but sometimes God uses figures to emphasize parts of speech. like, "the ground is thirsty" rather than "the ground is dry"...

MANNERISMS AND CUSTOMS
Indigenous creatures, rituals, customs and behavioral predispositions.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:22 pm
If you want to "classify" what I am... among other things... hehe

A "biblical researcher"

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

and a "believer"...

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus [Jesus as lord, not ourselves], and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Comment:
this is logic to me... Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:41 pm
RexRed wrote:

A "biblical researcher"

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

and a "believer"...

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus [Jesus as lord, not ourselves], and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Comment:
And of interest to me.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 11:14 am
neologist wrote:
RexRed wrote:

A "biblical researcher"

and a "believer"...

Comment:
And of interest to me.

Ephesians 3:14-21
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:10 pm
Ephesians 4:1b
....walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body , and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:19 pm
I'm sorry, I'm rather confused.

What's the point of all these quotes again?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:36 pm
It's called "preaching" Wolf. Repeat it enough times, and somebody might believe it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:48 pm
Quote:

Before one even starts there has to be a belief that it is "The word of God" and is perfect. Scientifically accurate and mathematically precise. Not on the outside but on the inside.

Does this mean God has a purpose when the words are missing too?
Lots of the scripture is interpolated to make up for missing sections in the original documents. If it is PERFECT, then the missng words must be intentional. Why don't the scholars keep that in the translations?

How about the fact that the original Aramic has no word for wife? Shouldn't that have meaning? Doesn't it make it perfectly clear that God never intended for man to marry?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 01:25 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's called "preaching" Wolf. Repeat it enough times, and somebody might believe it.

It didn't work for me.

Every start of the school year my religious education teacher (actually, no, he was a Scriptures teacher) would teach us about Jesus' birth. Around the Easter term, he would teach us Easter and around summer, Pentecost.

The only problem being that he did it in the exact same way every year, used the exact same colouring exercises (hey! We were young!) and the exact same teaching material, year in year out for as long as I had him (which was about three years, although I have a sneaking suspicion that he would have just repeated himself if I stayed on for the final two years in that school).

Every year, he would give us a new copy of the Bible. I didn't know what to do with them all. I was against burning books, even if it was the Bible, and I'm not one for binning them.

Eventually, I gave them all away to those charity shops, although I think I left the last one lying around in the school.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:21 pm
Wolf, Some people have the foresight to see through the "gospels." Laughing
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:03 pm
Those biblical verses to me express the height of human evolution...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:20 pm
parados wrote:
Quote:

Does this mean God has a purpose when the words are missing too?
Lots of the scripture is interpolated to make up for missing sections in the original documents. If it is PERFECT, then the missng words must be intentional. Why don't the scholars keep that in the translations?

How about the fact that the original Aramic has no word for wife? Shouldn't that have meaning? Doesn't it make it perfectly clear that God never intended for man to marry?

I believe the figure is hypokadistasis (spelling from memory) or emphasis by omission... This is used in the Bible many times. Missing words are usually intentional. There are many checks and balances in the word that demonstrate a clear picture of what spirituality is and how to utilize the spirit. The basics are evident in the Bible and the miscellaneous are there to speculate on... As to God wanting marriage or not... I believe that God wants love to conqueror hypocrisy... Sometimes that is marriage sometimes it is abstinence we learn the difference when we walk by the spirit and learn what it has to teach our own hearts and minds... Shall anyone compare to the virtue of God?
0 Replies