RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:22 am
timberlandko wrote:
Uhhhh .... Rex, if at the supposed time of your purported creation, the moon were positioned "perfectly" in relationship to the Earth, why might it be that the moon in its orbit gradually is spiraling outward, away from the Earth?

To draw us away from the earth towards the heavens?

1Th 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:[Not on the earth] and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Comment:
Jesus will not return to the earth we will meet him in the air...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:27 am
RexRed wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
Uhhhh .... Rex, if at the supposed time of your purported creation, the moon were positioned "perfectly" in relationship to the Earth, why might it be that the moon in its orbit gradually is spiraling outward, away from the Earth?

OhhhhKaaaaay - that being the case, why might it be "The Heavens", the cosmos, the galaxies and their component stars and we along with our own star, are racing away from one another, expanding outward symetrically from a primordial single point? Just a tease is it? Keep moving the brass ring just a little further back with every revolution of the merry-go-round in order to keep up the rube's interest?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:28 am
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:
The sun, moon and stars are not in "perfect" relationship to the earth. Conditions on the earth are a result of the proximity of other celestial bodies. Were things radically different, you wouldn't be here to peddle your horsie poop. Serendipity only exists in the eye of the beholder.

So are you suggesting to God that the earth be a bit farther from the sun or closer? Too darn much gravity?

Is the moon the right parameters to your liking Set?

What does your omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent foreknowledge tell us today of the physics of the universe?

Maybe the earth is just not big enough for your head? (emoticon removed in the interest of good taste)

I'm not suggesting anything to your imaginary friend, because i have no good reason to believe that your imaginary friend exists. Your silly, childish attempts at sarcasm do not obscure the fact that were conditions on the earth, and in relation to our celestial neighbors significantly different than they have been for the last few billion years, life would not have arisen, and you would not be around to spout your fantasies, nor would i be around to heap ridicule on them.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:32 am
timberlandko wrote:
RexRed wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

OhhhhKaaaaay - that being the case, why might is be "The Heavens", the cosmos, the galaxies and their component stars and we along with our own star, are racing away from one another, expanding outward symetrically from a primordial single point? Just a tease is it? Keep moving the brass ring just a little further back with every revolution of the merry-go-round in order to keep up the rube's interest?

Matter is moving away from the central point of "creation" but energy(heaven) is still illusive as to what and where it's realms exist.

Beyond the "kingdom" of matter(earth) and energy(heaven)... there is still the kingdom of God...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:33 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:
The sun, moon and stars are not in "perfect" relationship to the earth. Conditions on the earth are a result of the proximity of other celestial bodies. Were things radically different, you wouldn't be here to peddle your horsie poop. Serendipity only exists in the eye of the beholder.

So are you suggesting to God that the earth be a bit farther from the sun or closer? Too darn much gravity?

What does your omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent foreknowledge tell us today of the physics of the universe?

Maybe the earth is just not big enough for your head? (emoticon removed in the interest of good taste)

I'm not suggesting anything to your imaginary friend, because i have no good reason to believe that your imaginary friend exists. Your silly, childish attempts at sarcasm do not obscure the fact that were conditions on the earth, and in relation to our celestial neighbors significantly different than they have been for the last few billion years, life would not have arisen, and you would not be around to spout your fantasies, nor would i be around to heap ridicule on them.
I doubt the anthropic principle has ever been expressed with more wit humour and sense of irony.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:35 am
RexRed wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
RexRed wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

OhhhhKaaaaay - that being the case, why might is be "The Heavens", the cosmos, the galaxies and their component stars and we along with our own star, are racing away from one another, expanding outward symetrically from a primordial single point? Just a tease is it? Keep moving the brass ring just a little further back with every revolution of the merry-go-round in order to keep up the rube's interest?

Matter is moving away from the central point of "creation" but energy(heaven) is still illusive as to what and where it's realms exist.

Beyond the "kingdom" of matter(earth) and energy(heaven)... there is still the kingdom of God...

So if god has a kingdom, god is a King? That's all . . . just a king? You'd think he would at least rate emperor--i mean, after all, the omnipotence and all that . . . your god seems a rather disappointing thing after all the claims of glory and power and majesty . . .

Thank you, Steve, for your kind remark . . .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:36 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Well that makes the my point in first place that the intelligent design of the universe has fostered intelligence on the earth.

Formed, made created is intelligent design...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:38 am
Rex, you merely persist in asserting that anything was made, formed, created, or designed - you've provided no evidence that any such circumstance might be.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:42 am
Isa 43:7
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Isa 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain[empty, void, it "became" that way], he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:43 am
I rest my case.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:44 am
Since one of the references in my last post was to your fantasies, upon what basis do you suggest there is evidence therein of intelligence?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:47 am
timberlandko wrote:
Rex, you merely persist in asserting that anything was made, formed, created, or designed - you've provided no evidence that any such circumstance might be.

The universe and humans (logic, intelligence) are you evidence.

Creation is your evidence. There is no other way to explain what IS?

You cannot discredit what is unless it is not.

If nothing could be created there would be nothing...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:52 am
Rex, that latest bit of twaddle doesn't even rise to the level of sophistry.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:53 am
Quote:
Evolution: World science academies fight back against creationists
(AFP News Agency, June 21, 2006)

A declaration signed by 67 national academies of science blasted the scriptural teaching of biology as a potential distortion of young minds.

"In various parts of the world, within science courses taught in certain public systems of education, scientific evidence, data and testable theories about the origins and evolution of life on Earth are being concealed, denied or confused with theories not testable by science," the declaration said.

"We urge decision-makers, teachers and parents to educate all children about the methods and discoveries of science and to foster an understanding of the science of nature.

"Knowledge of the natural world in which they live empowers people to meet human needs and protect the planet."

Citing "evidence-based facts" derived from observation, experiment and neutral assessment, the declaration points to findings that the Universe is between 11 and 15 billion years old, and the Earth was formed about 4.5 billion years ago.

Life on Earth appeared at least 2.5 billion years ago as a result of physical and chemical processes, and evolved into the species that live today.

"Commonalities in the structure of the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicate their common primordial origin," it said.

Signatories of the declaration include the US National Academy of Sciences, Britain's Royal Society, the French Academy of Sciences and their counterparts in Canada, China, Germany, Iran, Israel and Japan and elsewhere.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:54 am
I think stone hippies i've known could have done a better job of creating ontological arguments off the cuff . . . in fact, Rex's "contributions" have always reminded me of the babbling of stone hippies . . .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:55 am
Setanta wrote:
Since one of the references in my last post was to your fantasies, upon what basis do you suggest there is evidence therein of intelligence?

Life arises out of chance over billions of years?

This chance is dependent on a moon that is in a precise location and a sun that is a certain age size and composition for humans to be able to even live? The earth has to be a certain age and all corresponding to the tiny window a few million years where the earth will even be inhabitable for life?

There needs to be the exact same mass extinctions so life can evolve in the very same manner it did and so we are not shooting giant raptors in our back yards.

There is nothing unintelligent about that.

Or, are we still dumbing down the universe?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 10:57 am
RexRed wrote:

Remove the question mark, and this is the closest you've come to a cogent observation in the more than one thousand pages of this thread.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:06 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Remove the question mark, and this is the closest you've come to a cogent observation in the more than one thousand pages of this thread.

I have always agreed with how life (soul) evolves (made) but do we agree on how the spirit is "created"?

This is where at least in perception I have gone past this "wall" of the physical world and science.

It is much more than perception it is truth.

The more I am fought on this the more I am convinced.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:11 am
There is nothing in your drivel to convince me of anything other than the confusion of your mind.

What evidence do you have for the existence of "spirit" which anyone else can examine to determine if they agree?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 11:12 am
You are standing at the base of an escarpment. You look up and see 300 feet of amazing structure. What wonder! Who could have, must have, created such an edifice? Something like that cannot arise from nothing it must have a creator. Then you take a walk around the other side. Its a long long slope upwards. Bit by bit it builds on itself. Over many many years you get to the top and there it is in all its glory!

All is understandable once you understand the time scale. Sadly the 6 day-ers and the 6000 years people just cant. (Actually many of them can, but wont)
0 Replies