rosborne979

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 07:40 am
farmerman wrote:
The article on the chemical makeup of spinel minerals in the earths core has nothing to do with an "event hrizon" and how we get to such a silly end conclusion is another example of rex's fondness to mix and match words while not understanding their meanings.

Rex isn't even attempting to apply meaning to words. Everything is fluid to Rex, words have no specific meaning, nor do the sentences he builds out of his fluid words.

Rex doesn't communicate in rigid concepts, he tries to convey some form of emotional context in fuzzy form. I think that he actually *thinks* this way as well. Rex must live in a very interesting world full of flights of fancy and endless mysteries which he doesn't really want to make sense of. A completely alien world to me. I don't know how to exist that way.

I'm just not sure how he survives the daily grind of making money, balancing a checkbook and choosing a Dr. (who isn't a witch doctor).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 11:21 am
Everything is fluid? You mean RR is just pissing in the wind? Yes, and I think the wind is blowing in his face.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:45 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Ro 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

"If a man has a stubborn and unruly son who will not listen to
his father or mother, and will not obey them even though they
chastise him, his father and mother shall have him apprehended
and brought out to the elders at the gate of his home city, where
...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death." Deuteronomy 22:18ff

Yes Frank, it is called TEENS ON DEATH ROW in our country...

Is it barbaric to sentence a teen to death for beating his mother to death with a crowbar etc... ? Get some balance here please? Evil is not God's fault. People allow evil to consume them and God is simply justice from that evil. .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:53 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Everything is fluid? You mean RR is just pissing in the wind? Yes, and I think the wind is blowing in his face.

That is the problem... you think, that you think, that you think.

You need to get to the place where you know, that you know, that you know.

So who is pissing in the wind now? Beware, there is always the chance that your comments will be deflected back in your face.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:10 pm
RexRed wrote:
So who is pissing in the wind now? Beware, there is always the chance that your comments will be deflected back in your face.

Nobody upwind of wherever it is your commentary comes from needs to consider donning weather gear.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:20 pm
Rex wrote-

Quote:
You need to get to the place where you know, that you know, that you know.

Yes Rex but by extension, if your advice is sound, so does everybody else and that opens up the possibilty of 295 million Americans all getting to 295 million different places that they know and then chaos will reign,the lights will go out and it's every man for himself.

Or,if they all get to the same place you have got to, you will be the Messiah and will no doubt introduce compulsory prayers three times a day and then chaos will reign, the lights will go out and it's every man for himself and they'll string you up a bit at a time as a warning to others not to mess with the usual ways of doing things.

Or is it just a word game?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:47 pm
Come up with your own barbed wit if you will instead of using mine -- it's called plagerism.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 02:12 pm
It cannot be plagiarism if I had no idea you had said something similar which I hadn't. Plagiarism implies the deliberate copying of the words or ideas of others.

It might be a case of great minds think alike.

Your aggression ill becomes a civilised person.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 02:14 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
farmerman wrote:
The article on the chemical makeup of spinel minerals in the earths core has nothing to do with an "event hrizon" and how we get to such a silly end conclusion is another example of rex's fondness to mix and match words while not understanding their meanings.

Rex isn't even attempting to apply meaning to words. Everything is fluid to Rex, words have no specific meaning, nor do the sentences he builds out of his fluid words.

Rex doesn't communicate in rigid concepts, he tries to convey some form of emotional context in fuzzy form. I think that he actually *thinks* this way as well. Rex must live in a very interesting world full of flights of fancy and endless mysteries which he doesn't really want to make sense of. A completely alien world to me. I don't know how to exist that way.

I'm just not sure how he survives the daily grind of making money, balancing a checkbook and choosing a Dr. (who isn't a witch doctor).

My meaning starts at the actual Biblical words which I believe are holy and "God" inspired. I superimpose these Biblical WORDS onto life. I do not let life impose its own meanings and disregard the actual pure given words.

A firm "foundation" means to me that I can back up my faith BIBLICALLY with CLEAR words/verses/context that are also corroborated in MANY other places/ways in the Bible so I am absolutely certain that my position is the Bible's actual intended meaning.

I have found doctrinal results in this approach. I have seen thousands of heavily debated contradictions vanish using this approach. Such that my theology has been able to go beyond the queries of men like Martin Luther and the catholic theists because I have taken their directives and followed through on them.

NOW when I read the Bible the words are evident rather than cryptic and steeped in culture. Because I have found the cultural "keys and sign posts" to unlock the text. These are very rare/obscure scriptures that if you just give them a little thought they put into position large areas of understanding. But they need to click or the perspective is not even seen. This is where haughty arrogance can be the stumbling block in these very instances.

Given all of this, it is no wonder we do not speak the same language. This does not mean that I do not use terms consistently and definitively. (Set would certainly catch me on that.) This just means I have a different meaning for many basic words. Words like grace and love (agape) to me have very "extensive definitive" meanings that are rooted in MANY Biblical verses that specifically define them and lock their meanings into place.

These same definitions are inherently non-evident in our modern secular "culture". This is why the Bible is a handbook for terms and for the alignment of a wealth of knowledge that transcends the physiology and philosophy of all ages and sages. Because it is God's wisdom not our own, and "God knows"...

Like just the six words (God's terms) body soul spirit and formed made created aptly define the universe.

For instance some alter/confuse and say, "body, soul, and mind" if you can perceive, this breaks the architecture where the meaning (Biblically) of body, soul(life), and spirit is completely lost. So this is why terms must have definitive meaning and not be substituted or used interchangeably with out careful consideration FIRST.

The fluidity that you sense is the fluidity innate within the Biblical truths when they are perceived (rightly divided) and believed.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 02:39 pm
spendius wrote:
It cannot be plagiarism if I had no idea you had said something similar which I hadn't. Plagiarism implies the deliberate copying of the words or ideas of others.

It might be a case of great minds think alike.

Your aggression ill becomes a civilised person.

Not, obviously, directed at you and it can only mean that you are really not following the thread very closely.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 02:52 pm
I assure you I am the biggest "plagiarist" here because I teach the Bible word for word. So it will be easiest to prove me wrong... (with the Bible)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:01 pm
Cuckoo
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:04 pm
You're not teaching anyone the Bible here -- you're just quoting the Bible endlessly to yourself. Your own interpretation of the Bible can, of course, be offered but that doesn't mean it will be bought.

Yes, it's "plagiarims," not "plagerism," an example of dashing things off in too much of a hurry. However, I do work and borrow small amounts of time here and there to post. Sorry for the mistake. Is this also punishable by death in the Bible? Everything else seems to be. At least anything enjoyable. Telling your mother-in-law off being one of them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:07 pm
rex said
Quote:
NOW when I read the Bible the words are evident rather than cryptic and steeped in culture. Because I have found the cultural "keys and sign posts" to unlock the text. These are very rare/obscure scriptures that if you just give them a little thought they put into position large areas of understanding. But they need to click or the perspective is not even seen. This is where haughty arrogance can be the stumbling block in these very instances.

I know Im gonna hate myself in the morning , but could you give me an example of such rare or obscure scriptures?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:20 pm
LW wrote-

Quote:
Not, obviously, directed at you and it can only mean that you are really not following the thread very closely.

You're right LW. I check the thread out from time to time because I am interested in Evolution and something interesting might come on from a Newbie,say.

I occasionally read a post or two which is quite sufficient, at this time,to keep abreast of things as they go around in a circular pattern which I must say I find a trifle monotonous as Rex obviously found my post to be which must be why he has not seen fit to respond to it.

Maybe you and Rex are in a sort of symbiosis whereby you need each other in some way.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:23 pm
donk
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:27 pm
fm wrote-

Quote:
I know Im gonna hate myself in the morning , but could you give me an example of such rare or obscure scriptures?

I could fm. There are such things as "clicks" which can alter a very great deal in one's understanding of things. Joyce called them "epiphanies", an amusing choice of word as you would expect from such a maestro.

They are rare,as Rex says, like gold nuggets in a river, and it is true that arrogance inhibits appreciating them.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:39 pm
I RR as much as I need a terrorist in my living room.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:16 pm
Hey-

I rendered Rex and LW speechless.

Is that a first?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 05:24 pm
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Ro 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

"If a man has a stubborn and unruly son who will not listen to
his father or mother, and will not obey them even though they
chastise him, his father and mother shall have him apprehended
and brought out to the elders at the gate of his home city, where
...his fellow citizens shall stone him to death." Deuteronomy 22:18ff

Yes Frank, it is called TEENS ON DEATH ROW in our country...

Is it barbaric to sentence a teen to death for beating his mother to death with a crowbar etc... ? Get some balance here please? Evil is not God's fault. People allow evil to consume them and God is simply justice from that evil. .

The quote I gave...is YOUR god talking, Rex.

All I do is plagerize the stuff from YOUR Bible.

It tells us what YOUR god teaches.

Here's another:

Quote:
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13
0 Replies