RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:36 am
Lightwizard wrote:
RR's scientific and theological claptrap is enough to make one wonder how man every evolved on this Earth. His multiple posts are examples of how his head doesn't work normally -- he's on some form of speed but is it just coffee or are we reading the ravings of a meth addict?

Decaf here. Smile

If you could break down a specific point I would know what you are referring to...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:39 am
RexRed wrote:
Decaf here. Smile

If you could break down a specific point I would know what you are referring to...

Well, seeing as it followed my post, it goes to reason that he was referring to the fact that you didn't answer my question.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2081382#2081382
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:53 am
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:
You all have the materials of existence confused and misconstrued. since you (theists, scientists) do not understand the basic theoretical materials you certainly cannot understand the drama each of the material play a part in.

Or you are the one who has it all confused and misconstued. How do you know you're not insane? I ask this seriously. How do you validate your own stance in reason?

How do you validate when someone is operating a piece of machinery wrong, when they get their hand cut off?

Contrast. You are mostly all unsettled with the issue of evolution OR creation, I am settled with it.

The Bible is one of the few books EVER written in the entire world that candidly contains this information. (body soul spirit) Why don't theists teach it the way I have taught you? They confuse soul and spirit...

The Bible is the rule book on how to operate the "machinery"... You can read this body, soul and spirit (formed, made and created) for yourself in the word of God and, "let it sink in".

Ponder on these things, post some points and I will come back and reply to them.

When it does sink in, you will open you eyes and you will "SEE". Smile

Peace with God...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:58 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Decaf here. Smile

Well, seeing as it followed my post, it goes to reason that he was referring to the fact that you didn't answer my question.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2081382#2081382

I need to think on your questions a bit more and take more time in the reply (That is a compliment.)

I will be back if you have more questions ask them I will answer them when my own answer is formulated.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 11:31 am
You may believe you make "specific points," but nearly everyone on this topic doesn't buy it. You obliterate any sense with your own screwed up brand of weird sermonizing. You claim you have "taught us" something but you have not succeeded in teaching anyone anything. You would be the teacher from Hell in a classroom. The truth is, anyone who would hire you as a teacher of anything should seek therapy themselves.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 11:54 am
Rex, you are slipping further and further into dementia. Seek help before you become a danger to yourself and others.
No joke.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 12:05 pm
RexRed wrote:

Lets start from the beginning of your "points", specifically the core, propositionally foundational assertion that there be a god consistent with your godhead concept. Demonstrate, objectively and in academically sound, forensically valid manner that such a thing, state, or condition of being in fact exists.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:00 pm
real life
Quote:
That's kinda the point I was trying to make. You mention that some coal has lots of C14 and some has none.

If C14, as well as other elements that are used in various dating methods, does not decay at the same rate under all conditions (and there is no possible way to know all the different conditions a particular sample has been subject to, and for how long, etc) then the assumptions that support the various dating techniques being unreliable make the results from those methods unreliable as well, no?

ONCE MORE FROM THE TOP-you dont understand the mechanism. Your point was not made and, by only concentrating on one or two sentences you missed mine entirely

I hoped that I wasnt being too arcane , but Timber commented that the explanation went "over your head" so I think everyone else got it as well and that youre just being purposely obtuse

The existence of C14 in coals varies, not because of "varying decay rates" but because some coals dont contain enough U/Th to bombard the N14 to create C14 in the coal by de-novo alteration. C14 is formed from N14 (a stable isotope of Nitrogen). N gets bombarded by very long half life neutron and gamma emitters thus creating C14. Some coals dont contain any radionuclides like U/Th and thats why these coals dont contain any C14(coal is still mostly sediment that was transported from highlands by erosion, the plant material provides the carbon, sulfur, and nitrogen and other trace elements. The sediments carry the hevy radionuclides
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:16 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Not all materials can be measured by science but they can still be measured.

We measure some things by contrast and by exponential reckoning.

Yeah, I asked you a question of how, not why.

Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Furthermore, how can you understand what the basic theoretical materials are if scientists don't?

You see there? That word in bold and italics? It doesn't begin with a W. In fact, it ends with a W.

Your answer is the answer to a why question.

Q. Why is it possible?
A. Because (insert the reason you gave).

I asked a how question, as in how did you find it out. What was the method? What was the result? What did you do to check that the result you gained from the method wasn't spurious?

Wolf, not only was this a response to my posts today but a rather personal response. My sources are from the Bible. How I learned them is by directly studying the words and avoiding "traditional" pressures.

How do I know they are right? Because I can come into many debates and not have an internal issue because I am right. When I base my assumptions on foundational scripture I always end up on top.

Standing on solid ground. Now if people could reason me into a corner then I would concede but the indication that people have to resort to cheap shots and insult my intelligence only shows they cannot touch the doctrine. If they could I would be the first to admit it.

I do not understand the basic theoretical materials because I did not use observation of the physical world to learn this. I learned this from the Bible which claims this knowledge was given by "revelation" and not derived from the five senses.

So this information CANNOT be derived from scientific observation of "the universe". It was God who revealed what science could not KNOW.

How do I know this is right? Well it sure sent you all scrambling on both sides... This is the earmark of truth. I have seen it many times before. Your reactions reaffirm my position.

God knows more than us.

Now I am going to address your question about why science can't manipulate LIFE...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:22 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Scientist claim they can manipulate life. They cannot manipulate life they can only manipulate the body that holds the life. Science does not even know what life is.

That does not mean they cannot manipulate life. You don't have to know how gravity works in order to be able to use it. In fact, no one knows for sure how gravity works, only that it does and it follows set rules.

The body is alive. Every cell is alive. Therefore, they manipulate life.

Furthermore, even if the body is not the life but holds it, by manipulating the body they manipulate the container of said life. You can then manipulate the life indirectly through the body.

I'm not going to quote and argue against the rest, because it all assertion without proof. You say we are wrong, yet you do not prove that we are wrong.

You avoid my question of how you came about to know the true nature of things by giving the answer to a completely different question, you state that you are the one of the only people who know the truth, but you do not prove that what you know *is* the truth and you fail consistently to demonstrate objective logic.

Science manipulating life is like using a pole vault to extract a splinter.

Science can only manipulate the physical world. When science manipulates a cell too much it dies.

The only thing that can manipulate the soul (life) is spirit.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:34 pm
Mt 12:28
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:45 pm
Post after contiguous post after contiguous post of sheer crapolla. If Im gonna be reported by rex, please let the moderators view some of his mindless drool. He doesnt even compose a single clear thought about religion. Hes all over the place like some hyperactive manic. .
Rex,its me talking here. How about if you just limit yourself to one post at a time and dont answer your own posts like they are anything but the fecal pellets they are.

I guess Im getting testy, does that mean that I need to ingest 10 mikes of Diazepam? Maybe then rex's three in-a row posts of self congratulatory tripe will make some sense to me.

Sorry but I find you damn funny and disturbing at the same time.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:12 pm
RexRed wrote:
How do I know they are right? Because I can come into many debates and not have an internal issue because I am right.

The logic here is not sound. You are right because you do not have an internal issue? What about the Nazis? They too did not have any internal issues, though they were clearly wrong.

You speak to any racist, homophobe or bigot of any creed or colour. They will insist they are right, because they can come to the debate with no internal issues. Are they?

If you do not have an internal issue, proves nothing except that you have not or choose not to see any internal issues. Right or wrong doesn't factor in to it.

Quote:
When I base my assumptions on foundational scripture I always end up on top.

On top of what?

When you base your assumptions on foundational scripture, you always end up with assumptions based on foundational scripture. But have you tried to find out whether the foundational scripture itself, particularly the bits you use to prop up your pseudo-scientific beliefs, is actually true?

Are you sure it doesn't prop up your beliefs just because you twist it to mean something it didn't intially mean?

Quote:
Standing on solid ground.

Standing on solid ground does not make you right.

Quote:
Now if people could reason me into a corner then I would concede but the indication that people have to resort to cheap shots and insult my intelligence only shows they cannot touch the doctrine. If they could I would be the first to admit it.

However, there is a problem. What if you refuse to believe you are in a corner? You have done so many times, not because you weren't in a corner, but because you genuinely did not see it.

We state that your view is unsupportable. Science cannot support it.

You then weasel your way out of that corner by invoking things that have not been proved to exist, things that may not exist and then state that science cannot prove it because it cannot measure everything.

It is true. Science cannot measure everything.

If I make something up and instantly define it in such a way that science cannot measure it, then I have made something that is otu of the realms of science. I can claim it is true and can never be proved wrong. That is disingenious.

Invoking something that cannot be proved wrong because it is defined as something that cannot be falsifiable is a disingenious argument.

I can make up all sorts of imaginary arguments to prop up any idea I come up with. You cannot argue against it, because there is no way to do so.

Yes, you can argue that you did not make up the idea of spirits and souls. That does not change the fact that they are potentially made up and are disingenious.

Quote:
I do not understand the basic theoretical materials because I did not use observation of the physical world to learn this. I learned this from the Bible which claims this knowledge was given by "revelation" and not derived from the five senses.

So this information CANNOT be derived from scientific observation of "the universe". It was God who revealed what science could not KNOW.

So, basically, you are saying you are right, because you read it in a book that said it was correct?

Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code says the Priory of Sion existed and was founded in the Middle Ages. The book says it's true. Is it?

You may argue that this is comparing apples to oranges, but how is it? Both are texts, written by fallible human beings. Both claim to be correct. It is impossible to prove that any God was behind either text. Comparing the two is not apples and oranges. It is comparing two texts that both claim to be correct. It is like comparing a Cox apple to a Braeburn.

The Bible is true because it says it is? It says its revelations do not come from the five senses, because it says so? Well, how can you prove the Bible is telling the truth?

Because of my reaction? My reaction cannot prove anything about the Bible. It merely proves that I have a certain disposition towards it, not that the Bible itself is correct.

You see, science itself is not limited to the five senses either.

You cannot touch an electron, you cannot see an electron or taste it or hear it or smell it. Yet science has proved beyond a doubt that such a thing exists.

Yes, it is physical. But what in this world is not physical?

Even thoughts are physical. They are electrical impulses, chemicals and electrons travelling down neurones in the brain. Even vague concepts are in a way physical, because they are held in the mind or written down on pages.

Your argument is a disingenious one.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:18 pm
FM

You are just mad because you can't prove me wrong.

By insulting God and me and you are only showing how shallow and demented your own soul is.

Science can NOT make "life" Dr. Frankenstein.

2Ti 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:24 pm
RexRed wrote:
FM

You are just mad because you can't prove me wrong.

By insulting God and me and you are only showing how shallow and demented your own soul is.

Science can NOT make "life" Dr. Frankenstein.

2Ti 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Wolf is right on the mark, Rex.

You are a mixed up individual...who simply refuses to see anything that does not comport well with your guesses about the nature of REALITY.

Wolf is blowing your arguments out of the water.

The fact that you will not acknowledge that he is doing so....does not change the fact that it is happening.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:28 pm
The sort of faith Rex has is unshiftable.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:32 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Although it would appear, from re-reading my post that I went all over the place and used the word, "disingenious", way too much.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:38 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Although it would appear, from re-reading my post that I went all over the place and used the word, "disingenious", way too much.

That kinda bugs me . . . the word is disingenuous.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

That kinda bugs me . . . the word is disingenuous.

Oh yeah and that too...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:41 pm
Well, it displays in no uncertain terms no attribute consistent with the concept of genious (apart, perhaps, from eccentricity) - could be something to that interpretation.
0 Replies