edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:48 pm
Now the topic has reached my level of expertise.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:52 pm
I have done some damage here
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:53 pm
FM,

I am glad you decided on the rice krispies because I was getting tired of listening to you debate with yourself over chicken or eggs...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:08 pm
Yes, we have been debating whether or not you are a chicken or just have egg on your face.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:58 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Yes, we have been debating whether or not you are a chicken or just have egg on your face.

I think I will step out of the way of this debate... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:59 pm
So what came first, God or the big bang?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:13 pm
God mated with some unnamed goddess which created the universe. It's commonly referred to as the Big Bang.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:20 pm
RexRed wrote:

That's an absolutely meaningless question, Rex, and further confirmation of your ignorance of science and your slavery to superstition - there is empirical, reproduceable, independently verifiable, quantifiable, multiply cross-corroborated evidence for the "Big Bang" - such a phenomenon is consistent with observation, known scientific law and theory, and the math works. No deistic construct is supportable through the same methodology.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:29 pm
timberlandko wrote:
RexRed wrote:

That's an absolutely meaningless question, Rex, and further confirmation of your ignorance of science and your slavery to superstition - there is empirical, reproduceable, independently verifiable, quantifiable, multiply cross-corroborated evidence for the "Big Bang" - such a phenomenon is consistent with observation, known scientific law and theory, and the math works. No deistic construct is supportable through the same methodology.

I must disagree with you totaly there is no scieitific proof that you can ever get a new species from another and the mutations that do happen usally forth right die or are infertile or produce a NORMAL offspring of the orginal species.

WHich means that EVOLUTION DONT HAPPEN>
All cats have always been cats
All dogs have always been dogs
Etc
Etc
Etc

Plus just thing think of the impossiblity of BOOM stuff collects together and forms gases then planets and stars then lava on one planted makes clouds to make rain that makes the frist water that allows the frist life to form which then through time becomes man takes more FAITH that believeing in GOD CREATED.

Have fun.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:32 pm
Lunacy reigns.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:32 pm
timberlandko wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Empirical? Really -- observed by whom?

Reproduceable? Has it been -- or is that something that is being planned (with your assist, no doubt)?

Independently verifiable? Really -- a second observer? Who?

Quantifiable? You're guessing --again. Without knowing your starting point, you are simply guessing at what was in between then and now.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:33 pm
Sperm are alive!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:35 pm
Just a case in point, but what is referred to as dogs are species evolved from domesticating wild wolves. This evidence is demonstrable, emperical evidence that I suppose the dumbells haven't had the opportunity to study. So it would be wolves have always been wolves, which also isn't true. There are no fossilized evidence of the domestic cats either, not even from the time creation was suppose to take place around six thousand years ago. You're battin' zero.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:38 pm
I find it hilarious that religionists go to such absolutely preposterous lengths to try and demonstrate that their specific interpretation, of their idiosyncratic version, of some vague contradictory religious mythologies, must be correct by default and evolution must perforce be wrong.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:43 pm
Being ignorant enough to not know they are ignorant is no excuse.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:48 pm
Hate to tell you this, Scott, but you're a walking collection of mutations. Millions of them. Every living thing is. And you're not dead. At least you're PROBABLY not dead. From the neck down at least. Some mutations are lethal, some are debilitating, some are adaptive, many have no immediate consequence, just sit there in the genome, and sometimes they prove useful when change is needed.

And you're wrong about species. Dogs were not always dogs. In fact they weren't dogs beyond about 10 or 12 thousand years ago. Before that they were wolves. The ancestry, and the divergence, is pretty clear in the archaeological record. And a couple million years before that they were the common ancestor of the wolf and the fox--call it the wox. And way the hell back there, there was a common ancestor of the cat and the wox.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 10:04 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Just a case in point, but what is referred to as dogs are species evolved from domesticating wild wolves. This evidence is demonstrable, emperical evidence that I suppose the dumbells haven't had the opportunity to study. So it would be wolves have always been wolves, which also isn't true. There are no fossilized evidence of the domestic cats either, not even from the time creation was suppose to take place around six thousand years ago. You're battin' zero.

Hi Lightwiz,

Your claim of 'empirical evidence' is stretching the term quite a bit.

from merriamwebster.com
Quote:
empirical

1 : originating in or based on observation or experience <empirical data>
2 : relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory
3 : capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment <empirical laws>

No one has observed dogs evolving from wolves.

What they have observed is fossil remains of various kinds.

They have then inferred[/b] that since Sample A and Sample B share many characteristics, that they 'must' be 'related' --- i.e. one is assumed[/b] to have evolved from the other.

This assumption must be made because the supposed evolution was not and can never be observed --- i.e. no empirical evidence of evolution.

Without an assumption of evolution from the get-go, you are battin' zero.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 10:11 pm
real life wrote:
No one has observed dogs evolving from wolves.
No one has observed my dog's internal bowels either, ergo she has none, thus her poop is of supernatural origin.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 10:16 pm
Oh, bullshit, rl - DNA and morphology leave no doubt dogs have developed through domestication and intentional genetic manipulation of wolves. By DNA alone, canis lupus and canis familiaris are rather less different than are human natives of Europe and Asia. Get an education.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 10:24 pm
Real Life believes god made the Labradoodle!
0 Replies