rosborne979

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
Oh goody, a bitch fight between religious wingnuts . . . this should be entertaining . . .

Time for popcorn and a couch Very Happy Wingnuts on parade.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:22 pm
RexRed wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Science doesn't say there was "NOTHING", it only says it doesn't know. And there's a BIG difference between the two things.

So are you saying there was NOTHING BIG before the big bang? Smile

No, that's not what I said. I think you read it too fast (trying to keep up with all these posts) Smile

RexRed wrote:
You are saying there was no TIME before the big bang and that is BIG...

TIME as we know it is only defined within our universe. We don't know what is, or was, outside of our Universe. Even our ability to think about such things is limited by our need to have a flow of time, which we don't even know existed outside of our Universe. We don't have the necessary framework of perception to think about conditions outside of our Universe.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:24 pm
RexRed wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Oh goody, a bitch fight between religious wingnuts . . . this should be entertaining . . .

You may have to endure a few Bible quotes. Smile

Oh Nooooooooooooo Wink
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:35 pm
RexRed wrote:
There is only one true Creator.

The TRUE Creator was never created. The Creator creates. The Almighty Creator observes within all that is created and interacts with what has been created. Within the creation the Creator may; form, make and even create NEW "creations" even AFTER "the beginning".

There are "separate beginnings" for much that is created, formed or made by God.

God is the timeless, endless, boundless creator and architect of all ages.

You just love saying all that sh*t don't ya.

I'm glad you're an artist and not an engineer.

If engineers built buildings with the same skill that you display in arguing a point, then the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:37 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
RexRed wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Well, yea, when you go back to the beginning you find answers, God. When you conclude there was a big bang and NOTHING before that, you are an idiot. Even the Bible says in the beginning, God... They wouldn't be so presuming to say in the beginning, NOTHING...

Science doesn't say there was "NOTHING", it only says it doesn't know. And there's a BIG difference between the two things.

So are you saying there was NOTHING BIG before the big bang? Smile

You are saying there was no TIME before the big bang and that is BIG...

There was no big bang.
God created out of nothing.

God "created" the universe long before Adam and Eve... Lucifer was an angel in heaven LONG before he was cast down to be the serpent in the tree. God did not "create" light in Eden he simply spoke it back into being.
Why? Because he had "created" it earlier.

God did not CREATE Adam and Eve's bodies in The garden of Eden he "FORMED" them from the dust of the ground... Think about that.

God could have used the word "created" them from the dust, but he did not use the word CREATE until he CREATED the (spiritual) image in Adam and Eve.

Formed = earth
Made = life
Created = nature

Formed = body
Made = soul
Created = spirit

FORMING indicates "time".

God doesn't say (in Eden) WHEN he formed our bodies. It doesn't say THEN God formed... no it just says point of fact that we were formed from the dust of the ground... (That is evolution).

Forming something is not the same as "poof there it is"...

The fall of "lucifer" happens BEFORE Eden (before the "original" sin).
Consider, there was another "beginning" before Eden, with lucifer, that provides the time for God to form humans and the animals "naturally"...

"Let the earth bring forth" that is evolution too not only creation...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:48 pm
RexRed wrote:
Quote:

I think that is the bible verse that Scott777ab had asked for.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:00 pm
wandeljw wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Quote:

I think that is the bible verse that Scott777ab had asked for.

Thanks for reminding me.

Ge 1:11
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:18 pm
rosborne979 wrote:

I'm glad you're an artist and not an engineer.

If engineers built buildings with the same skill that you display in arguing a point, then the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

I do make a better artist than an engineer. Woodpeckers have been pecking away at creation for a long time and yet it is still standing.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:48 pm
RexRed wrote:
The TRUE Creator was never created. The Creator creates.

But according to you, the Universe cannot have just spontaneously appeared, so why should the same go for the Creator? He cannot spontaneously have appeared and if he has always existed, then there must be an infinite period of time before the Universe was created where he did absolutely nothing.

In that infinitely long period of time, surely he would have come up with the idea for a Universe, sooner?

If there wasn't an infinite amount of time before the Universe was created where God did absolutely nothing, then God must have had begun at some point.

But he can't have begun spontaneously, because that's impossible, just as the Universe according to you could not have begun spontaneously.

RexRed wrote:
I do make a better artist than an engineer. Woodpeckers have been pecking away at creation for a long time and yet it is still standing.

Which is why it isn't taught at all and the Creationists are so afraid that Evolution will win, that they're doing everything in their power to get it taught.

Eventually, Creationism will lose out. It has nothing going for it. No empirical evidence, whatsoever.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:45 pm
The "creator" was a really bad procrastinator. And still is.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:56 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
But according to you, the Universe cannot have just spontaneously appeared, so why should the same go for the Creator? He cannot spontaneously have appeared and if he has always existed, then there must be an infinite period of time before the Universe was created where he did absolutely nothing.

In that infinitely long period of time, surely he would have come up with the idea for a Universe, sooner?

Don't make Rex eat his own dog food. He's just gonna get more confused.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:46 pm
This topic is getting so lame that Im answering the Chinese breakfast questions
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:15 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Don't make Rex eat his own dog food. He's just gonna get more confused.

I did not say that God spontaneously appeared I said God was not created.

Something must BE...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:19 pm
Tomorrow I think Ill have rice krispies with strawberries. We are up to our eyeballs with strawberries right now.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:29 pm
Wild strawberries are the best FM...

God is a holy language, a word that all things consist of. We think of eternity and infinity as impossible... God could not be everywhere can he?

We do not realize that there is "no space" in a black hole.

All there is is silence and even in silence God is still the Word.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:52 pm
maybe some sausage and redeye gravy on toast too.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:33 pm
farmerman wrote:
maybe some sausage and redeye gravy on toast too.

FM, Are you tired of the bologna sandwiches they are serving for lunch in the science threads? Made from various animal parts.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:33 pm
I think Belgian waffles with chocolate chips, fresh sliced strawberries and fresh whipped cream.

The dish being served up here by the fundies is bullshit pie with lots of crow on top but only they are able to eat it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:35 pm
see how the waffle has evolved? I think that, with all the jimkrackies in waffles now, if some environmental cataclysm would hit, waffles would go extinct.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 07:44 pm
Belgian waffles seem to have been mating for years. The variations are pretty amazing. I think I've worn out three Belgian waffle irons in ten years.

Someone also mentioned Bologna which is in Italy, not in the Sandwich Islands.
0 Replies