rosborne979

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:32 pm
Chumly wrote:
This theory raised a lot of eyebrows in 1973 when author Chumly Sparkomatic penned "A Random Walk Down Thread Street", which has to this day remained on the top-seller list.

I think I heard of that book Wink
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:08 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Especially a holy ghost.

I echo that of course. Smile

We must get the right ghost or one is talking to the air. (Prince of the power of the air.) When one reaches out for some truth it often vanishes.

For every truth there is a counterfeit.

Many call truth itself a counterfeit because they have never seen truth so everything is a lie to them... Or everything is true which is itself a lie.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:11 pm
RexRed wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Especially a holy ghost.

I echo that of course. Smile

We must get the right ghost or one is talking to the air. (Prince of the power of the air.) When one reaches out for some truth it often vanishes.

For every truth there is a counterfeit.

Many call truth itself a counterfeit because they have never seen truth so everything is a lie to them... Or everything is true which is itself a lie.

Hi rex.
Did you do a lot of drugs in the 70s?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:33 pm
His sophistry cannot be coming just from burned out brain cells.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 12:39 pm
That's a symptom of religious' sophistry; it knows no logic or common sense.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 01:31 pm
Sophistry is only parlor tricks...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 01:49 pm
Also an apt description of your philosophical meanderings.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 01:53 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Also an apt description of your philosophical meanderings.

My logic is solid.

You attack the manner of my words yet neglect their meaning.

This is revealing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 01:56 pm
Rex, I see very little value in your arguments. I say this in a kindly way, not to be antagonistic. Sadly, Lightwizard spoke the truth.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:12 pm
When someone has to toot their own horn and announce their logic is solid, that's an effective sign of sophistry.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:13 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Rex, I see very little value in your arguments. I say this in a kindly way, not to be antagonistic. Sadly, Lightwizard spoke the truth.

You see little value in the arguments of Jesus Christ than.

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Comment:

Children of disobedience?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:18 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
When someone has to toot their own horn and announce their logic is solid, that's an effective sign of sophistry.

I only responded to you saying it wasn't solid.

Yet you gave no examples or counter logic...

Only an opinion.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:24 pm
Sophistry has to do with a reasoned argument, not particularly always logic, using the deception of warped semantics and other tricks. You fall back on scripture as you cannot argue your own case. You have provided proof for none of your outlandish statements. The burden of proof is on you -- there is a preponderance of evidence for evolution but you choose to ignore it. You are a word conjurer and not a very good one -- you couldn't fool a six-year-old child.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:25 pm
(Sounds kind of like the devil, doesn't it?)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:29 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Sophistry has to do with a reasoned argument, not particularly always logic, using the deception of warped semantics and other tricks. You fall back on scripture as you cannot argue your own case. You have provided proof for none of your outlandish statements. The burden of proof is on you -- there is a preponderance of evidence for evolution but you choose to ignore it. You are a word conjurer and not a very good one -- you couldn't fool a six-year-old child.

If you are going to contradict spirituality the burden of proof in on you...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:34 pm
Yeah, superman = spirituality.

It just ain't possible to provide proof, unless you can use a comic book.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:37 pm
Who is "contradicting spirituality?" Is it because I disagree you have any understanding of the real world or even the Bible? Yes, I do agree that you are nothing more than a self-appointment cleric who is clothed in the garb of a sophist. You chatter like a valley girl on speed.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 02:44 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Who is "contradicting spirituality?" Is it because I disagree you have any understanding of the real world or even the Bible? Yes, I do agree that you are nothing more than a self-appointment cleric who is clothed in the garb of a sophist. You chatter like a valley girl on speed.

And you have not said anything with content other than insult. Is this how you help your low self esteem? I am not so fragile that your insult has any effect.

Opinions with no logic will not win any argument... You want me to prove something in the face of your own bias and denial? Impossible...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:04 pm
The content is that you have had nothing to offer on this forum but your own brand of malarky and quoting scriptures. You have actually posed no real argument, and if you can point out where I'd like to see it. I'm reading just a lot of sophmoric garden-variety amateur preaching mixed with quasi-scientific hokum. I have no need to raise my self-esteem but your's is raised past the roof and that is dangerous.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 28 May, 2006 03:49 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
The content is that you have had nothing to offer on this forum but your own brand of malarky and quoting scriptures. You have actually posed no real argument, and if you can point out where I'd like to see it. I'm reading just a lot of sophmoric garden-variety amateur preaching mixed with quasi-scientific hokum. I have no need to raise my self-esteem but your's is raised past the roof and that is dangerous.

So you feel it necessary to blindly insult someone for pointing out that what you consider to be truth is a lie...
0 Replies