RexRed

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 01:58 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Your script writer worked for Cecile B. DeMille, right?

Haha I think I have my doctrine a bit more focused than those writers.

The words of the Bible (King James) may sometimes seem (is) quite figurative and rich with custom but they are "usually" understood, simply, as "it is written"...

Jesus' motto, "It is written".

And the word becomes flesh...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:05 pm
Any writer could claim, "it is written or this is flesh." Doesn't mean a darn thing unless the individual wants it to. Sorta like somebody in the last century writing a fiction, and a couple of hundred years later, people start believing it as "it is written or this is flesh." Some people just want the facts; not some fiction that can't be proved except through faith. Faith can be deceiving. Humans are easily deceived.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:05 pm
Well, pat yourself on the back -- believing that you could not have come from a lower form of life is, after all, the ultimate egotism. Your patter is precisely as overwritten and trite as a DeMille movie. The only thing rapidly devolving is you.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:08 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Any writer could claim, "it is written or this is flesh." Doesn't mean a darn thing unless the individual wants it to. Sorta like somebody in the last century writing a fiction, and a couple of hundred years later, people start believing it as "it is written or this is flesh." Some people just want the facts; not some fiction that can't be proved except through faith. Faith can be deceiving. Humans are easily deceived.

The belief is followed by signs, miracles and wonders. This is the proof of God's hand in creation.

Signs, miracles and wonders are the events that cause evolution...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:15 pm
What signs and wonders are you talking about? That the bible is off a few bllions years on the age of this planet? I find it more wonderous that we can communicate with almost anybody in this world almost instantaneously by computer and/or telephone, or that we can fly half way around the world in one day.

The archaic book you call the bible has so many erros and contradictions, it's a wonder anybody still takes it seriously. Bible apologists can't seem to accept the simple fact that any book riddled with so many errors would be considered non-credible for any purpose. Religionist's use of "god's word" just makes it into a joke.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
What signs and wonders are you talking about? That the bible is off a few bllions years on the age of this planet? I find it more wonderous that we can communicate with almost anybody in this world almost instantaneously by computer and/or telephone, or that we can fly half way around the world in one day.

The archaic book you call the bible has so many erros and contradictions, it's a wonder anybody still takes it seriously. Bible apologists can't seem to accept the simple fact that any book riddled with so many errors would be considered non-credible for any purpose. Religionist's use of "god's word" just makes it into a joke.

It is your knowledge and interpretation of the Bible that is "off" and from that foundational perspective you cannot go to step two, until you proceed past step one... Step one is belief and belief is based upon evidence also.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:46 pm
No. Step one is based on faith. Step two is based on faith. Step three is based on faith. That believers can overlook all the errors and contradictions in your step one only shows how blind people must be to continue their steps beyond one. Know anything about logic and common sense? To continue beyond step one, you must sacrifice logic and common sense. Many of us choose logic and common sense over blind faith.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 04:03 pm
Faith can be in many different things and not necessarily on some bearded man (the ultimate mysoginist) floating in an unspecified area of the sky. Faith that no matter what good things happen, there's more good things to happen and despite having to accept the bad things that happen, not just to oneself but others. Empathy does not require religion.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 04:16 pm
I believe that Gary Busey is dead.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 06:30 am
I believe ! ! !

(His wife, however, may not agree.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:38 am
My whole Gary Busey point refers to inerrancy of Biblical tradition. Just cause somebody sez so, dont make it so.

GARY HAS ARISEN!! HE IS AMONG US!!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:00 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
No. Step one is based on faith. Step two is based on faith. Step three is based on faith. That believers can overlook all the errors and contradictions in your step one only shows how blind people must be to continue their steps beyond one. Know anything about logic and common sense? To continue beyond step one, you must sacrifice logic and common sense. Many of us choose logic and common sense over blind faith.

And faith is based on evidence...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:02 am
RexRed wrote:

This is a statement without foundation, you have never provided a scarp of evidence to this effect. Just because you want to believe something is so doesn't make it so. Your assertions do not constitute evidence.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:04 am
farmerman wrote:
My whole Gary Busey point refers to inerrancy of Biblical tradition. Just cause somebody sez so, dont make it so.

GARY HAS ARISEN!! HE IS AMONG US!!

True farmer, sincerity is no guarantee for truth... Each person has to use their own intelligence to study the words looking for the divine in them...

Blind faith is not a Biblical concept... blindness is not a Biblical or Godly endeavor.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:07 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:

This is a statement without foundation, you have never provided a scarp of evidence to this effect. Just because you want to believe something is so doesn't make it so. Your assertions do not constitute evidence.

Your seeming lack of faith is evidence too...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:08 am
Quote:
Blind faith is not a Biblical concept... blindness is not a Biblical endeavor.
. Im sure there are a plethoa of faiths that could be considered blind. In that respect , Biblical is certainly not alone.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:08 am
I heard Gary Busey was recently seen by his followers. This can mean only one thing; he is about to make a full body acension into heaven.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:09 am
RexRed wrote:
Your seeming lack of faith is evidence too...

It is not seeming, it is genuine. I have absolutely no faith in your pronouncements because you consistently fail to provide evidence.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:09 am
When people see the guy next door healed they start wondering and believing...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 08:10 am
Betcha he dont wear a helmet this time either.
0 Replies