cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:03 pm
This guy fails to see the shet in the toilet which is observed evidence that somebody sat there. He can't even provide one iota of evidence for his imaginary friend that give him "advise." Strange mental state; he doesn't believe in science, but he'll defend his bible friend to the death.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:58 pm
RexRed wrote:
Sense that is according to your physical sense you have made of reality.

No. Sense as in "making sense". Which you're not.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:37 pm
I have to go take a shower now -- addressing any of RR's, RL's or Karl Rove's blatherings has made be feel tainted.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:51 pm
I need an explanation for all the sexually knowing 15 year old hoties with the shapely curvy bodies of 20 year old women. When I was a lad it just wasn't so. Is this part of god's creation? If so, what is god trying to say?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 05:57 pm
Go forth and multiply.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 12:17 am
God, such as it might be, is not the 11:00 News. He's pretty lousy at keeping us informed after that travesty of a novel from 2,000 or so years ago. If there were any writers today who were stating that God was communicating "the word" and they were "ordained" to write it down as a new Gospel, they would be promptly committed to the nearest insane asylum.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:48 am
Lightwizard wrote:
If there were any writers today who were stating that God was communicating "the word" and they were "ordained" to write it down as a new Gospel, they would be promptly committed to the nearest insane asylum.

Or ostracized by other priests and preachers currently in power (to protect their own little slice of the religious pie).
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:31 am
Quote:
"Well, I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction.

Ian McKellen
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 09:31 am
Ever wonder what will happen to all lthose beautiful churches built in the name of a book that's being discredited verse by verse? When will it ever come to a time when nothing in the bible can be supported based on the overwhelming errors and contradictions?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 11:55 am
The pyramids come to mind.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:25 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Ever wonder what will happen to all lthose beautiful churches built in the name of a book that's being discredited verse by verse? When will it ever come to a time when nothing in the bible can be supported based on the overwhelming errors and contradictions?

All that has to be done is to stop trying to view the Bible as literal physical reality. I believe the Vatican has suggested exactly that on more than one occasion (but they said it better than I did). I believe their point was that treating the Bible in a literal physical way was not only wrong, but served to undermine the real message which they want to convey.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:37 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
I believe the Vatican has suggested exactly that on more than one occasion (but they said it better than I did). I believe their point was that treating the Bible in a literal physical way was not only wrong, but served to undermine the real message which they want to convey.
The real message the Vatican wants to convey is what exactly I wonder? On the one hand if the Vatican avows to eschew literatim, the Vatican shows little signs of eschewing literalism's "brother" materialism.

As to the Vatican wanting to eschew literalism, I see no consequential signs of a move away from the pretext of original sin (for example) which I would argue is rather dependent on literalism.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:44 pm
Chumly wrote:
The real message the Vatican wants to convey is what exactly I wonder?

I wish I had the article. It's probably a statement made by the Vatican on Creationism, since I don't care to read much of anything else they have to say.
Chumly wrote:
On the one hand if the Vatican avows to eschew literatim, the Vatican shows little signs of eschewing literatim's "brother" materialism.

Nobody likes wealth and power like the church.

But I think the Vatican has correctly tried to distance itself from literal Creationism.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:50 pm
As to the Vatican wanting to eschew literalism, I see no consequential signs of a move away from the pretext of original sin (for example) which I would argue is rather dependent on literalism.

Plus I suspect the Vatican would wish to distance itself from literal Creationism more for the sake of survival than any religionist idealizations.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:56 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
God, such as it might be, is not the 11:00 News. He's pretty lousy at keeping us informed after that travesty of a novel from 2,000 or so years ago. If there were any writers today who were stating that God was communicating "the word" and they were "ordained" to write it down as a new Gospel, they would be promptly committed to the nearest insane asylum.

We are supposed to look at the 11:00 (good) News with God's eye... Yet we are fed the eye of the world till it becomes our only frame of reference.

Till in old age we become reprobates and we only feel the cynicism of life?

I do not associate myself with this worldly frame. I cried in my youth the day I left the world behind... The world seems to be a parasite feeding off of the only remnants that it was able to corrupt of my soul.

The world cannot corrupt the spirit because it is seed.

It is the spiritual world that is freedom, we are traveling light...

So it is little that you reject me... For I have rejected the flesh for the spirit and the earthly for the heavenly...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:17 pm
Rex lives in la-la land; I wonder what "reality" means to him?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:17 pm
RexRed wrote:
For I have rejected the flesh for the spirit and the earthly for the heavenly...
So you'll be sending me a check for the balance of your rejected earthly net worth?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 04:30 pm
Chumly wrote:
RexRed wrote:
For I have rejected the flesh for the spirit and the earthly for the heavenly...
So you'll be sending me a check for the balance of your rejected earthly net worth?

Laughing Don't hold you breath.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:15 pm
lol I want a share of that.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:28 pm
xingu wrote:
Quote:
"Well, I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction.

Ian McKellen

Actors get paid for pretending to be something they are not -- such as intelligent and informed.
0 Replies