Doktor S

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:58 am
RexRed wrote:
Doktor S wrote:
So in this vast galaxy, of which the earth is but a speck of dust orbitting one of a hundred billion suns, which it self is but one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in the known universe...
Somehow, earth is the only thing that matters, and the rest was created simply for night time scenery?
If you say so!

Would our sun exist without the universe would our earth exist without the sun? The sun is the purpose of the universe. The earth is the purpose of the sun... Thus, humans are the purpose of the earth...

I wish my stash was as good as yours must be....
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:04 pm
A couple of paragraphs from prof Steve Jones's book The Single Helix

Quote:
On Darwin Airlines

Creatonists have an argument not with science but with argument. I often go to conferences about evolution. Like all scientific meetings, they are filled with disagreement. One of the most bitter is about Darwin's 'mystery of mysteries', the nature of species. I dont know the solution and I'm not sure that anyone else does, but we keep talking and doing experiments and, with luck, some day it will emerge.

Compare that with the dead-eye certainty of the biblical literalists. There is no room for discussion, because the answer is written in a big book. Of course, to keep the powers that be at bay they have to admit that there is another theory out there, but as Christians they just know it is wrong. A hundred and fifty million Americans go along with them (as I said to my American publisher - who was not amused - I dont mind if they burn my own Darwinian books as long as they buy them first). My academic colleagues across the Atlantic now have to waste large parts of their first-year courses trying to put right the damage done by the educational Taleban who rule not just in a single city but across much of the nation.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:09 pm
"Educational Taleban" descrdibes them to a "T." Wink The basis for what they are pushing has nothing to support it except their contaminated brains.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:46 pm
How to Argue Like a Ceationist
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 12:48 pm
Man, that Maui Wowie weed made it to the East Coast decades ago but apparently RexRed has just purchased some. He's got cosmology mixed up with cosmetology -- a little make up on why the sun, Sol, exists, why the Earth exists and why man exists. This off-the-cuff, self-invented theology is one for the books. Read Linder's "The Jet-Propelled Couch" in the collection "The Fifty Minute Hour" for an answer to what books.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:00 pm
timber, Your "how to argue like a creationist" link describes so many adherents on a2k, it's no wonder this country is in such bad shape.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:53 pm
Mark sure has the Creationists on this forum pegged.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:16 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:
The sun is the purpose of the universe.

No it's not.
RexRed wrote:
The earth is the purpose of the sun.

Nope, that's not true either.
RexRed wrote:
Thus, humans are the purpose of the earth.

Thus, you're making no sense (again).

Sense that is according to your physical sense you have made of reality. And your sense of reality falls apart as the physical world plunges into the quantum...

The quantum world is an endless plane... or "flat earth"... Before you go knocking the metaphysical you might check to see if science is not teaching the exact same thing first...

The world is only physical when it suits your view of "reality" and it is quantum (also to suit your view) when you can't fit the physical model into obvious quantum phenomenon...

So the quantum is what the physical is comprised of. This does not contradict the Bible. Our world is only one possible physical reality that has been created and is "observed" by the quantum or infinite.

Science is not one bit less fantastical than the most radical of religionists...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:19 pm
Rex, You make no sense at all: that's the reality for most of us reading your posts. BTW, that's all that matters; not what you pontificate.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:21 pm
He's the worst kind of religionist -- a religious sophist.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:22 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, You make no sense at all: that's the reality for most of us reading your posts. BTW, that's all that matters; not what you pontificate.

Says who, a bunch of cloned left wing scientist wanna be's? I think, NOT! Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:24 pm
Truth needs no defence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:25 pm
Rex, What you "think" is the most illfounded validation of what you post.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:35 pm
If you are referring to my XY and Z comment, What I meant is that the brain is not only measured by X and Y but also Z which is "depth"...

I cannot look at any issue without considering the metaphysical ramifications and associations.

I am I guess either wired that way or I developed the habit of always asking God what is spiritually available in any given area of study.

Unlike the scientist I ask myself, what does this mean "spiritually"? This gives me insight into the true causes and cures of many observable psychological and physical phenomenon.

How does a scientist observe and manipulate a "demon"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:37 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Rex, What you "think" is the most illfounded validation of what you post.

You're guessing...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:39 pm
Fact, boy, fact. Dare you to ask the others on this thread.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:45 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Fact, boy, fact. Dare you to ask the others on this thread.

FACTS/STATISTICS change... TRUTH "never" changes...

You need to brush up on rudimentary English...

You have built a house of cards on facts and statistics?

I chose to build my temple on a "rock" and not shifting sands...

Mt 7:26
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:54 pm
Rex wrote:
If you are referring to my XY and Z comment, What I meant is that the brain is not only measured by X and Y but also Z which is "depth"...

I cannot look at any issue without considering the metaphysical ramifications and associations.

I am I guess either wired that way or I developed the habit of always asking God what is spiritually available in any given area of study.

Unlike the scientist I ask myself, what does this mean "spiritually"? This gives me insight into the true causes and cures of many observable psychological and physical phenomenon.

How does a scientist observe and manipulate a "demon"?

You rely on a two thousand year old book that has a stranglehold on your brain, and you cannot provide evidence of any kind about your imaginary friend you admit you seek answers from.

By any sttandard of logic and common sense, your arguments has no backbone. It's all mush in your brains.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:56 pm
Here comes the preacher. Here comes the preacher. Well, it is Sunday so we should expect the "Sermon on the Mount." The mount, unfortunately, has a stool and a lid.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:58 pm
Hold on, ci, he's just getting his feet wet. Someone should tell him to always lower the lid.
0 Replies