xingu

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 06:26 pm
Quote:
Calling CI and xingu and Set wieners!

Well I've been called worse. Just don't poke a stick in me and hang me over a fire.

Come to think of it I've had some Christians say that's whats going to happen to me.

I guess that's what you get for not believing in mythology.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 06:59 pm

Interesting link, Chumly.

I've said it many times but it's nice to have it confirmed once again that despite many who have maintained 'evolutionary theory is silent on origins' , it's obvious that this site and the public schools sell both evolution and abiogenesis in one slick package.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:02 pm
Well Real you have to admit that this site makes a lot more sense than the Bible.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:08 pm
Check this out (I'm part of the Tribe too, but no religion for me)

Hebe Rap
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:10 pm
from the site
Quote:
It's important to keep in mind that changes to these hypotheses are a normal part of the process of science and that they do not represent a change in the basis of evolutionary theory.

This type of thing always cracks me up.

Translation: Though we constantly have to change our ideas of how evolution occurred should in no way shake our faith that it DID occur.

That makes sense to you, eh? 'We're gonna assume we know the result although we haven't got those messy parts in the middle (like how it really happened) figured out yet'

Is that really your idea of good science, Xingu? Assume that you know the answer and then look for proof to back it up?

Didn't you tell us that's how religion operates? Maybe they're not so different after all.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:22 pm
RL why don't you tell us a joke or two, lighten up maybe? It's good for the sole (breaded).
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:28 pm
Quote:
Though we constantly have to change our ideas of how evolution occurred should in no way shake our faith that it DID occur.

You still don't get it, do you. How evolution works is not thoroughly known. It's knowledge is based on what discoveries are made so the latest evidence will be what is used to formulate the the best existing idea. Even among the scientist disputes may occur over how to interpret a discovery. The disputes are not about whether evolution is valid or not but how evolution works or what the bones tell us about the animals.

Science does not absolute answers to all questions. If they did there would be no need for science.

So if your honest and you seek the truth you keep an open mind and never assume you know everything because at any time some discovery may arise that will make you look foolish.

As things now stand there has never been a discovery that has supported your Biblical myths nor one that has disproved evolution. If such a discovery has been made to prove or support your Biblical myth please tell us about it so we may debate it. If you can't offer any evidence for your mythology then you have no choice but to follow the evidence, and the evidence says evolution, not Genesis.

The Bible is not evidence and if you can't present anything but the Bible then you have nothing.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:30 pm
Stevo2 wrote:

Interesting how many posters here on A2K have trashed non-biologists as being somehow 'unqualified' to disagree with evolution, but this engineer is put forth as a credible expert with no qualms whatever. (not all, I know of a few that have no such double standard)
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:37 pm
I agree with him. I think it is a fact and if you can't give us any evidence to support a hypothesis that competes with evolution then a fact it should be.

Your absolute failure to provide any evidence for a competing idea means you are against evolution but have nothing to replace it with. So on one side is evolution and on your side is ZERO; nothing.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:40 pm
xingu wrote:
Quote:
Though we constantly have to change our ideas of how evolution occurred should in no way shake our faith that it DID occur.

You still don't get it, do you. How evolution works is not thoroughly known. It's knowledge is based on what discoveries are made so the latest evidence will be what is used to formulate the the best existing idea. Even among the scientist disputes may occur over how to interpret a discovery. The disputes are not about whether evolution is valid or not but how evolution works or what the bones tell us about the animals.

Science does not absolute answers to all questions. If they did there would be no need for science.

So if your honest and you seek the truth you keep an open mind and never assume you know everything because at any time some discovery may arise that will make you look foolish.

As things now stand there has never been a discovery that has supported your Biblical myths nor one that has disproved evolution. If such a discovery has been made to prove or support your Biblical myth please tell us about it so we may debate it. If you can't offer any evidence for your mythology then you have no choice but to follow the evidence, and the evidence says evolution, not Genesis.

The Bible is not evidence and if you can't present anything but the Bible then you have nothing.

A '49er came down from the hills with a small pouch tucked tightly into his pocket. As he entered the assayer's office he glanced around and when he saw that no one else was present, he whispered to the assayer "I think I found gold in yonder hills!" And with that he pulled out the pouch and poured it's contents on the table.

The rocks and dust glinted yellow in the sunlight and the '49er could hardly contain his excitement. After a long pause, the old prospector spoke up a little louder, "Didn't ya hear me? I found gold! Go ahead --test it! I wanna know for sure"

But Xingu the wise assayer shook his head and patted the old man on the shoulder. "Don't you know you can't use as evidence the thing you are testing? These rocks aren't evidence. If you can't present me with something other than these rocks to test, then you have nothing."
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:42 pm
You remine me of someone who likes to destroy things but has no idea what to replace it with. Your only purpose in life is to tear apart. You can't create anything.

You know you can't replace evolution with anything because you have no evidence for anything outside of evolution. So you just try to tear it apart and then stand there totally clueless as to what to do afterward; kind of like Bush when he invaded Iraq.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:44 pm
A really foolish parable that means absolutely nothing. You truly have outdone yourself.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:17 pm
xingu wrote:
I agree with him. I think it is a fact and if you can't give us any evidence to support a hypothesis that competes with evolution then a fact it should be.

I hope you don't work in law enforcement. If someone was accused, you would hold him guilty unless they could find someone ELSE who had done it.

Your view seems to be that a badly conceived theory is better than no theory at all.

xingu wrote:
Your absolute failure to provide any evidence for a competing idea means you are against evolution but have nothing to replace it with. So on one side is evolution and on your side is ZERO; nothing.

A clear distinction between evidence and the interpretation[/i][/b] of evidence needs to be maintained.

Unfortunately, many do not seem to know (or want to know) the difference.

When a fossil is found, it is evidence. When inferences (possible explanations) are proposed , those are interpretations[/u] of the evidence. They are not the evidence itself.

Any evidence that can be interpreted to support evolution, can also be interpreted to support creation. There is no evidence anywhere that 'only evolution explains'. This is self evident.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:19 pm
Wunnerful example of nonsensical, irrelevant non sequitur, rl - displaying ignorance appears to be your strong suite.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:22 pm
Well did ask real life for a joke or two, and humor is in the eyes of the beholder.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:23 pm
The air is deadingly stale in here after that last barrage of wrong headed blatering that I think I've ever had the displeasure of reading. You need a drink.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:26 pm
Good point - perhaps rl is just having us on - that almost makes more sense than to assume an adult able to see to his own basic needs might swallow the line of crap rl spouts
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:28 pm
LW, You might take your own advice of having a drink, and maybe you'll be able to see the humor as Chumly suggested. Wink
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 08:32 pm
Lets all pause for a touch of firewater -

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1006/firewater5td.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:19 pm
Holy makeral, a real fire-water. Wink
0 Replies