timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 01:10 pm
rl, that "teaser" went to the points, made in the referrenced article, that Schweitzer's research is well founded, of long duration, and that evidence of soft tissue in fossil samples is neither new nor first documented by Schweitzer. Its unsurprising you missed those points.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 01:43 pm
timber,

I think you're a little mixed up.

The Science Daily article says that they were surprised to find soft tissue in the bone.

Apparently she had not seen this before. The story in your 'teaser' makes no mention of soft tissue.

If she had encountered soft tissue in dinosaur bones during grad studies, why would she be surprised by it later on?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:10 pm
So, "real life," no comment about how all the species of animals known could have been shoehorned into a tiny little vessel such as the alleged "Ark" is described as being?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:16 pm
I don't know Setanta... I can't imagine what kind of answer he could possibly have for that one!
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:20 pm
Isn't it obvious? Noah had a miniturization ray, ala 'Honey I shrunk the kids'
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:22 pm
what kind of answer? answersingenesis.org, of course.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:22 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:30 pm
I see the point yet escapes you rl. That Schweitzer was surprised by her findings, such findings were neither new nor unique to her research; she and her team simply were unaware of similar, related findings, findings which corroborated their work and which their work expanded and further corroborated.

That's the how-and-why of science; it cross-checks itself, it seeks, examines, verifies, and accepts information which requires adjustment and revision of existing theory. ID-iocy, on the other hand, is not theory nor even search for theory, it is debate-ending dictate.

Now, demonstrate objectively and in forensically valid manner that religious faith be differentiable from superstition.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:39 pm
real life wrote:
I think it makes it very difficult to suppose that these bones are 60-80 million years old.

Or it means that soft tissue can survive that amont of time under certain conditions.

Or it means that the "soft tissue" is actually some sort of "soft material" which has leeched into the bones and replaced the "soft tissue". In other words, a previously unknown type of fossil.

Either of those possibilities are far more likely than the bones being much younger.

The other possibility is that god poofed everything into existence yesterday and that our ability to understand the true nature of the world around us is just wishful thinking. But if that's the case, then there's no sense thinking about anything at all.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:03 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
real life wrote:
I think it makes it very difficult to suppose that these bones are 60-80 million years old.

Or it means that soft tissue can survive that amont of time under certain conditions.

Or it means that the "soft tissue" is actually some sort of "soft material" which has leeched into the bones and replaced the "soft tissue". In other words, a previously unknown type of fossil.

Either of those possibilities are far more likely than the bones being much younger.

The other possibility is that god poofed everything into existence yesterday and that our ability to understand the true nature of the world around us is just wishful thinking. But if that's the case, then there's no sense thinking about anything at all.
Hi Ros,

That the soft tissue is some type of formless 'soft material' that seeped into the bone is very unlikely since it closely resembled the blood vessels, structures, etc that you would expect to find in a bone.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:06 pm
hephzibah wrote:
I don't know Setanta... I can't imagine what kind of answer he could possibly have for that one!

Unfortunately, supernatural answers are all too easy. The last I checked, Noah's God was an omnipotent god, which means that the doorway to the Arc could easily have been an interdimensional gateway to an entirely different Earth. And evey animal, plant, beetle and bacteria could have been carried to the arc by friendly angels flying at warp speed.

There is no sense debating the physical limits of the world if those limits are superseded by the supernatural (and if all logic is superseded by "god works in mysterious ways"). And there is really no sense in trying to learn anything about the world around you under those conditions. It's a "just give up" type of mindset. Very unfortunate.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:08 pm
*sigh* Yeah, I have to agree with you on this.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:18 pm
timberlandko wrote:
I see the point yet escapes you rl. That Schweitzer was surprised by her findings, such findings were neither new nor unique to her research; she and her team simply were unaware of similar, related findings, findings which corroborated their work and which their work expanded and further corroborated.........

Can you cite other examples of soft pliable tissue being found in bones supposedly 60+ million years old?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:20 pm
Do me a favor, and point to the use of the word "pliable" in the linked material.

Surely you're not making things up, just to attempt to make your point seem more significant, are you?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:20 pm
real life wrote:
That the soft tissue is some type of formless 'soft material' that seeped into the bone is very unlikely since it closely resembled the blood vessels, structures, etc that you would expect to find in a bone.

Hi RL,

All the materials that seep into any bone are formless until they harden and become a fossil. The hard structures closely resemble the structures of the original bone.

All I was suggesting is that some "other" chemical compound may have accumulated in the soft tissues and has semi-solidified rather than hardened. In addition, the chemical process scientists are using to treat the fossils might be softening the materials which have raplaced the soft tissues.

As with all things in science, they will gather more data and propose an explanation which best fits the evidence.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:06 pm
real life wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Two brontosaurs on an ark -- must have been a really large ark. Noah would have to keep them on either side or we'd have had an ancient Poseidon Adventure.

Why do you assume that they had to be full grown?

For many practical reasons (space, food, managability, cleanup, breeding ), it would have been possible and reasonable to have younger, immature representatives of the larger species on board.

Acanthopholis Acrocanthosaurus Aegyptosaurus Aetonyx Afrovenator Alamosaurus Albertosaurus Alectrosaurus Aliwalia Allosaurus Alvarezsaurus Alxasaurus Amargasaurus Ammosaurus Amphilocoelias Amphisaurus Anatotitan Anchiceratops Anchisaurus Ankylosaurus Anodontosaurus Antarctosaurus Antrodemus Apatosaurus Archaeornithomimus Argyrosaurus Aristosaurus Aublysodon Avimimus
Bactrosaurus Bagaceratops Bahariasaurus Barapasaurus Barosaurus Baryonyx Bothriospondylus Brachiosaurus Brachyceratops Brachyrhopus Brontosaurus
Caenagnathus Camarasaurus Camelotia Camptosaurus Carnotaurus Caulodon Centrosaurus Ceratosaurus Cetiosaurus Chasmosaurus Chialingosaurus Chirostenotes Chubutisaurus Chungkingosaurus Claosaurus Coelophysis Coelurus Compsognathus Corythosaurus Creosaurus Cumnoria

Dacentrurus Daspletosaurus Deinocheirus Deinonychus Denversaurus Diceratops Dicraeosaurus Dilophosaurus Dimodosaurus Dinacodon Dinodocus Dinosaurus Diplodocus Diracodon Doryphorosaurus Dromaeosaurus Dromiceiomimus Dromicosaurus Dryosaurus Dryptosaurus Dynamosaurus Dyoplosaurus Dysalotosaurus

Echinodon Edmontonia Edmontosaurus Elaphrosaurus Elosaurus Emausaurus Eoceratops Epanterias Erectopus Eucentrosaurus Eucercosaurus Euhelopus Euoplocephalus Euskelosaurus Eustreptospondylus

We're only up to the E's and your boat has sunk.
P
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:16 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Is this a banner ad selling the thongs? Craven and Jespah, and the staff, were having a lot of fun with us for Bacon Fool's Day, now something to stretch over our privates to advertise A2K. Now who's going to read that!
Embarrassed Surprised Laughing

If it were just a joke, then better hurry to the Store before the supply runs out.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:20 pm
There's some on the forum already wearing the thong -- on their head, and it's too tight.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:21 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Two brontosaurs on an ark -- must have been a really large ark. Noah would have to keep them on either side or we'd have had an ancient Poseidon Adventure.

Why do you assume that they had to be full grown?

For many practical reasons (space, food, managability, cleanup, breeding ), it would have been possible and reasonable to have younger, immature representatives of the larger species on board.

Acanthopholis Acrocanthosaurus Aegyptosaurus Aetonyx Afrovenator Alamosaurus Albertosaurus Alectrosaurus Aliwalia Allosaurus Alvarezsaurus Alxasaurus Amargasaurus Ammosaurus Amphilocoelias Amphisaurus Anatotitan Anchiceratops Anchisaurus Ankylosaurus Anodontosaurus Antarctosaurus Antrodemus Apatosaurus Archaeornithomimus Argyrosaurus Aristosaurus Aublysodon Avimimus
Bactrosaurus Bagaceratops Bahariasaurus Barapasaurus Barosaurus Baryonyx Bothriospondylus Brachiosaurus Brachyceratops Brachyrhopus Brontosaurus
Caenagnathus Camarasaurus Camelotia Camptosaurus Carnotaurus Caulodon Centrosaurus Ceratosaurus Cetiosaurus Chasmosaurus Chialingosaurus Chirostenotes Chubutisaurus Chungkingosaurus Claosaurus Coelophysis Coelurus Compsognathus Corythosaurus Creosaurus Cumnoria

Dacentrurus Daspletosaurus Deinocheirus Deinonychus Denversaurus Diceratops Dicraeosaurus Dilophosaurus Dimodosaurus Dinacodon Dinodocus Dinosaurus Diplodocus Diracodon Doryphorosaurus Dromaeosaurus Dromiceiomimus Dromicosaurus Dryosaurus Dryptosaurus Dynamosaurus Dyoplosaurus Dysalotosaurus

Echinodon Edmontonia Edmontosaurus Elaphrosaurus Elosaurus Emausaurus Eoceratops Epanterias Erectopus Eucentrosaurus Eucercosaurus Euhelopus Euoplocephalus Euskelosaurus Eustreptospondylus

We're only up to the E's and your boat has sunk.
P

Laughing Didn't you know the scribes (secretaries) writing down the tale of Noah forgot to add that he had a fleet of ships.

If it were one ship, it would have to be the size of Los Angeles.

Not to mention that Noah was quite the carpenter/ship builder -- he had many chain saws to cut down all those trees, skil saws, planners, routers . That man put Jesus to shame as a carpenter.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:44 pm
I wonder which unlucky son of Noah got to take on Ebola virus.....and HIV....and measles....and chickenpox....and polio.....
0 Replies