Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 12:52 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
When the flag flaps or I fart, I know there is wind. If I'm breathing, I know there is oxygen. Who wants to see my carbon dioxide? I don't! Why should I need to prove any of these things? If you are curious enough about them, you should look for them. I don't have such needs. Happy hunting. I have better things to do with my time then to answer your silly q's.

Why are they silly questions? Only because you cannot answer them? Saying that you know there is wind and air is saying that you have faith that they are there.... you have no proof. You know that there is wind because the flag flaps? You still did not see the wind, you only saw the effects of the wind. You go in circles with your negatives and it is so because I say so answers yet criticize others for their beliefs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 02:29 am
A gaseous atmosphere is demonstrable because of air pressure, as was understood by the Greeks thousands of years ago, before the Jesus dodge was even dreamed up.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:07 am
Intrepid, There's a huge difference between having faith in "wind" and "god." You can't see that difference, because you are brain-washed. I don't need to prove or have faith that there is wind, because the evidence is all around me. Your god is a creation by people who wrote a comic book called the bible, and that's the only "proof" you have that he exists. No contest in which one to have faith in. The comic book bible god is a joke.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:29 pm
real life wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
I must continue to provide the negatives to your post, because you always talk in circles without making any sense. You continue to make statements that you can't back up with facts and proof. You continue to use circular logic that cannot be used as proof in the real world. Faith is not proof.

And what proof did you offer to back up your claim that there is no afterlife, Imposter?

Assertion is not proof.

What you cannot seem to accept, Imposter is that you have a Faith. Your set of beliefs (there is no God, there is no afterlife, etc ) have been accepted with no proof whatsoever. They cannot be proved but you accept them anyway. That is blind faith.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Intrepid, There's a huge difference between having faith in "wind" and "god." You can't see that difference, because you are brain-washed. I don't need to prove or have faith that there is wind, because the evidence is all around me. Your god is a creation by people who wrote a comic book called the bible, and that's the only "proof" you have that he exists. No contest in which one to have faith in. The comic book bible god is a joke.

Faith is faith, CI. No, I am not brain washed. I accept my beliefs and faith freely without anyone pushing me into it. Just as you say that there is wind because the evidence is around you... There is a God because the evidence is all around me. In the end, the joke will probably be on you. But, of course I will make no judgement on that.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
Setanta wrote:
A gaseous atmosphere is demonstrable because of air pressure, as was understood by the Greeks thousands of years ago, before the Jesus dodge was even dreamed up.

Yes, even the Greeks understood flatulence
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:50 pm
Intrepid, Yes, you are brain-washed. If you were born in Asia, it's more likely you would believe in the buddhist or hindu religion, and your belief/faith would be directed in their theology. Your religious belief is just an accident of your birth; nothing more, nothing less. Most cultures that developed a religion believed it with all their heart and soul, and the dogmas that were taught became their religious belief. There were many kinds of religions before the creation of the bible god. The people who believed in their religion thought it was the right religion - somewhat similar to how christians feel about their religion today. They made sacrifices - sometimes animals and sometimes humans, because they knew their religion was blessed by their god.

Humans never outgrew the need to believe in some omnipotent god; christianity is only one of many religions created to satisfy that need.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:00 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Intrepid, Yes, you are brain-washed. If you were born in Asia, it's more likely you would believe in the buddhist or hindu religion, and your belief/faith would be directed in their theology. Your religious belief is just an accident of your birth; nothing more, nothing less. Most cultures that developed a religion believed it with all their heart and soul, and the dogmas that were taught became their religious belief. There were many kinds of religions before the creation of the bible god. The people who believed in their religion thought it was the right religion - somewhat similar to how christians feel about their religion today. They made sacrifices - sometimes animals and sometimes humans, because they knew their religion was blessed by their god.

Humans never outgrew the need to believe in some omnipotent god; christianity is only one of many religions created to satisfy that need.

In a word, CI...crap. You cannot have a clue about what I am or what I believe. Accident of my birth? Perhaps you have a very narrow view of the world, but I make my own decisions. I was born into a family that did not believe in God, or at least acknowledge it. I made my own decision. Nobody made it for me. You seem to be insinuating that Christians are not intelligent enough to make decisions and to form their religious beliefs on more than an accident of their birth.

I know Christians from all over the world that were born in many different countries such as Asia, India, Africa and many others. They were born into families that were Buddhist and many other religions. They chose Chrisianity, but were certainly not brain washed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:08 pm
Touchy - touchy. Crap heh? Hit a nerve, did I? LOL

Your family may have or not have believed in the bible god, but in the US, over 90 percent are christians. The environment just got to you!

If the majority of Americans happened to be buddhist, you'd prolly be a buddhist today. Just a fact of life.

LOL
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:10 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your family may have or not have believed in the bible god, but in the US, over 90 percent are christians. The environment just got to you!

If the majority of Americans happened to be buddhist, you'd prolly be a buddhist today. Just a fact of life.

LOL

The only nerve that you hit is your unfounded nerve. Fortunate for me that I am not an American since you seem to have a profound disregard and lack of respect for 90% of your fellow citizens.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

LOL

So over 90% of the folks you live and work with everyday are brainwashed, but not YOU. No! You were the SMART one who got away! The HERO! You saw thru all their schemes did you? And now as one of the FEW that carries the TRUTH, you must set out to warn the rest of humanity!

Uh , sounds rather paranoid to me. Like a bad Hollywood movie. Are you a legend in your own mind?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:53 pm
When any individual doesn't believe in something, especially religion, it's not paranoia. It may sound like "paraoid" to you, because you follow the crowd in lock-step that defies logic.

I was never all that smart; never claimed to be smart, and I know I'm not all that bright All my siblings are much smarter than I, and they are all christians.

On the other hand, my wife graduated from high school, nursing school, and college with honors, but she's a buddhist.

Our older son graduated summa cum laude and with honors from his graduate degree. I was never that smart. Wink

Most of my friends are well educated. I have friiends all around the world. They include doctors, lawyers, judges, law professors, retired colelge professors, petrophysicist, physicsts, accountants, educators, pharmacist, engineers, businessmen, actors, and even a professional singer who lives near London.

My older brother was an administrative judge, my younger brother is an ophthalmologist turned politician, and my sister is a nurse.

Not too bad for a dumb geezer like me.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:57 pm
Not quite sure what your point was with all of that, CI
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 09:58 pm
The response was for real life.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:01 pm
Thanks. I hope he understands it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:04 pm
I do too!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:16 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
When any individual doesn't believe in something, especially religion, it's not paranoia. It may sound like "paraoid" to you, because you follow the crowd in lock-step that defies logic.

I was never all that smart; never claimed to be smart, and I know I'm not all that bright All my siblings are much smarter than I, and they are all christians.

On the other hand, my wife graduated from high school, nursing school, and college with honors, but she's a buddhist.

Our older son graduated summa cum laude and with honors from his graduate degree. I was never that smart. Wink

Most of my friends are well educated. I have friiends all around the world. They include doctors, lawyers, judges, law professors, retired colelge professors, petrophysicist, physicsts, accountants, educators, pharmacist, engineers, businessmen, actors, and even a professional singer who lives near London.

My older brother was an administrative judge, my younger brother is an ophthalmologist turned politician, and my sister is a nurse.

Not too bad for a dumb geezer like me.

Yep I understood it. Over 90% of the folks that he knows with lots of education and accomplishment are all brain washed. But he isn't. Rolling Eyes

But it's not faith that makes him believe he's right.

It's all those contradictory folks.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:18 pm
And, by his own admission, they are smarter than him. They have both brains and Christianity going for them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:20 pm
I never said anything about agreeing with their beliefs. Or is that too difficult a concept to understand?

I responded to "No! You were the SMART one who got away!"

I didn't "get away" from anything. There's nothing to get away from. I just don't believe in the bible god bullshyt all you have faith in. It's somewhat similar to my beleif that Superman is a fictional character. There's nothing I need to "get away" from. Comprende?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:22 pm
Superman is a fictional character Question Question Question
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies