Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 12:06 pm
RexRed wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Curlgurl, I suppose the big bang and the first atoms popped out of a birthday cake..."

Can you prove otherwise? I think not.

Existence is proof...

Do you think this is all a dream? hehe

Or maybe this is all a dream...

Quote:
Now you can think existence came out of "nothing" but even the Greek philosophers would be laughing at your ideas as I do...

nothing comes from nothing...

Then again, I read somewhere that to the Greeks, concepts of zero and infinity were abhorrent and they would avoid them at all costs.

Quote:
Even the big bang would have needed an architect and means to have pulled off such a feat.

Not necessarily.

We only think it has to, based on observations of our everday lives.

Quote:
Scientists say before the big bang there was no time... no space... and no energy or matter... ROTFALOL

Physical science is at it's fundamental levels, stupid...

What God forbid was there before the big bang... dreams, thoughts, ideas, reality, character... and whose were these dreams?

Dunno, but in the recent issue of New Scientist, there's an article about a group of dissident scientists who believe that the current Big Bang Theory (first proposed by a Catholic Priest, I think) is wrong.

What I find funny is how some Creationists argue against even the Big Bang Theory, which was put up as an alternate to the Steady State Theory which suggested the Universe doesn't have a beginning and will never have an end (which surely contradicts Genesis even more than the Big Bang Theory).
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 01:01 pm
Quote:
What does Christian Science have to do with evolution/creation?

That is exactly what I would like to ask Einstein...

Why would you ask him? He wasn't a Christian Scientist.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:42 am
Life is the best teacher,nature is the best preacher. :wink:
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:37 am
shiyacic aleksandar wrote:
Life is the best teacher,nature is the best preacher. :wink:

I would put that the other way around: Nature is the best teacher, and life the best preacher.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 01:22 pm
Since were just treadin water here, let me fill you in on the work of one of my students who just went through a draft of her thesis on a paleo indicator of a specific sedimentary basin type.
In a totally different arena She has been collecting "CAMBRIAN EXPLOSION" stuff from science reports, species tallies and even including Creationist, "See, I told you that an explosion means creation" papers.
What shes found , with a pretty good statistical basis is that the species talleys from , preCambrian assemblages through late Cambrian (individual strat units) shows an interesting indicator.
From the EDiacaran Fauna(an OZ assemblage that was about 600+mya) the assemblage was made up of about 1% of hard or chitenous body part life forms. At the 2 assemblages of the basal Cambrian that she has helped in counting for a student internship at a major museum, the hard parts fossils accounted for only about 8% of all fossil animals. The Burgess shale, from about 20 my past the basal Cambrian had about 11 % hard parts and , by late Cambrian fossils with hard parts leveled out at about 25% of all animals fossilized.
Since the Cambrian explosion is the explosion of hard parts , one can see that, when viewed as a simple number count of hard part animals ratioed to soft bodied animals,there was a fairly regular progression through time and not really a huge Explosion.
Ive asked her to write this up and Id like her to submit it as a paper into a journal(shes an exceptional writer so I predict Im going to hear from her work in the future). Im sure there have been previous works but hers is a result of a long time involvement with actual data from museum collections and shes taken the time to actually do the "gopher" countings while shes been doing her thesis.

You may now resume your metaphysics
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 01:37 pm
Let me know where I can read it. It sounds good.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 03:57 pm
Here is a website that talks about pi and creation...

http://www.borndigital.com/tree/index.html
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 05:41 pm
"Kaballah meditation should be commenced and ended with an invocation of Malchus, to prevent ungroundedness that can come from contemplating the many lights and colors filtered through the Ets Chaim."

This is a joke; right?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 06:17 pm
xingu wrote:
"Kaballah meditation should be commenced and ended with an invocation of Malchus, to prevent ungroundedness that can come from contemplating the many lights and colors filtered through the Ets Chaim."

This is a joke; right?
Where did that come from?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
I have entered into the first sphere of the kabala... I have learned to dream... I am in my physical state and I am searching for the branch to my key of life. I come into this with great knowledge of the spirit and I am willing to let you know what I learn...

The first thing I perceive is that I am too merciful... but I am lost in a physical maze of realities appearing in front of my own abyss.

Mercy is the first card....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:36 pm
You are lost, Rex. Go HERE to find out where you are.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:14 pm
Numbers are colors...
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 02:14 am
neologist

Look at the site rex provided and you'll find it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
xingu wrote:
neologist

Look at the site rex provided and you'll find it.
I'm a little bit leery, actually. For the last few pages of this and some other threads, Rex has been floating around like a psychotic episode looking for a loony bin. Why would I want to experience that?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:06 am
neologist,

you are right to be concerned.
rexred has previously mentioned personal problems.
hope he is okay.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:17 am
I like Rex.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:43 am
I am fine... I am just trying to understand spirituality from a mystical perspective.

I have started my journey through the tree of life.

I want to learn from the spirit.

Being in the first sphere I have received one very prominent dream.

I will tell you about this dream in time once I understand it.

The first sphere is a very unsettling world...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
RexRed wrote:
I am fine... I am just trying to understand spirituality from a mystical perspective.

Why would you give up control over your sense of reality? Don't you realize the danger?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:24 am
neologist wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Why would you give up control over your sense of reality? Don't you realize the danger?

The danger is there even if we close our eyes to it..

The minute I consciously stepped into the first sphere the dreams started...

There are so many dreams I cannot seem to communicate what I am feeling...

I have found myself crying out for Christ and asking God to deliver me from this sphere... I see death replaying and a fiery dark hell. Souls are suffering from their own terror... These images have been repressed in my subconscious... I am finally facing them and searching for the purity (if there is any) of my own inner self.

I pray that there be some redeeming quality in my being that I may not remain here long...

I look at the spheres ahead and wonder if I am worthy...

Peace with God...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:36 am
RexRed wrote:

The danger is there even if we close our eyes to it..
Yeah, but! Yikes! You are giving in to it!

edited to add quote
0 Replies