RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:16 am
jenniejen wrote:

evolution is simply a tool that God uses.

Well Im getting this information from someone right now who reads the bible and if this is in the Bible then God did this.
|
\/

(Two seperate things happening simultaneously. Cain was banished to the Land of Nod to take a wife. Thats where evolution and the cave man comes into play. To things started seperately and combined)

Could you please have your friend go into a bit more detail?

What did you mean by Cain and the land of Nod?

what was the purpose of the [l V] I am interested to see the connection you are drawing but I cannot seem to understand it.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 12:15 pm
I am not talking about Einstein's belief in God, and that's what it is. I'm speaking of this "creation" one second before the Big Bang.

No one, not even a man as knowledgeable, not educated, as Einstein knows what happened one second before the Big Bang. No one, to this day, "knows" what happened one second before the Big Bang.

Henry F. Schaefer III, Graham Perdue Professor of Chemistry and the director of the Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry at the University of Georgia, had this to say about Einstein.

"Albert Einstein's reaction to the consequences of his own general theory of relativity appear to acknowledge the threat of an encounter with God. Through the equations of general relativity, we can trace the origin of the universe backward in time to some sort of a beginning. However, before publishing his cosmological inferences, Einstein introduced a cosmological constant, a "fudge factor," to yield a static model for the universe. Einstein later considered this to be the greatest blunder of his scientific career.

Einstein ultimately gave grudging acceptance to what he called "the necessity for a beginning" and eventually to "the presence of a superior reasoning power." But he never did accept the reality of a personal God."
http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9404/bigbang.html

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Albert Einstein, in a letter March 24, 1954; from Albert Einstein the Human Side, Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, eds., Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1981, p. 43.

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/quotes_einstein.html
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:31 pm
RexRed wrote:
You seem to forget that Einstein believed strongly in the kingdom of God... He knew there was "creation" one second before the big bang...
xingu wrote:
He believed, not knew. No one knows what happened before the Big Bang.

The Bibilical story of creation is myth. All cultures had their creation myths. The Jews creation myth and their tribal God is no more real than any other tribe that has existed before or since.
You make assumptions about time which may or may not be true.

Just because our perception of reality and causality is restricted by the constructs of space and time does not mean God is similarly bound. We may, in fact, find that He has fabricated or even created space and time so that we may experience reality.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 07:06 pm
xingu wrote:
I am not talking about Einstein's belief in God, and that's what it is. I'm speaking of this "creation" one second before the Big Bang.

No one, not even a man as knowledgeable, not educated, as Einstein knows what happened one second before the Big Bang. No one, to this day, "knows" what happened one second before the Big Bang.

Henry F. Schaefer III, Graham Perdue Professor of Chemistry and the director of the Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry at the University of Georgia, had this to say about Einstein.

"Albert Einstein's reaction to the consequences of his own general theory of relativity appear to acknowledge the threat of an encounter with God. Through the equations of general relativity, we can trace the origin of the universe backward in time to some sort of a beginning. However, before publishing his cosmological inferences, Einstein introduced a cosmological constant, a "fudge factor," to yield a static model for the universe. Einstein later considered this to be the greatest blunder of his scientific career.

Einstein ultimately gave grudging acceptance to what he called "the necessity for a beginning" and eventually to "the presence of a superior reasoning power." But he never did accept the reality of a personal God."
http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9404/bigbang.html

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Albert Einstein, in a letter March 24, 1954; from Albert Einstein the Human Side, Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, eds., Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1981, p. 43.

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/quotes_einstein.html

God does not play dice..

Albert Einstein

Comment: No, he plays pool... Smile
0 Replies

jenniejen

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:13 pm
God is playing a little game called life, and we are the game peices. Very Happy
Its all a game and one big test. :wink:
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:34 pm
No!

Not a test. Life is a learning experience for our soul.
0 Replies

jenniejen

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:46 pm
xingu wrote:
No!

Not a test. Life is a learning experience for our soul.

ok
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 11:36 am
* Albert Einstein - Einstein was never a Christian Scientist. According to some Christian Science sources, Einstein attended a Christian Science church for a time and is quoted as having said a variety of complementary things about the teachings of Christian Science, particularly its nonstandard concept of physical matter. Mary Baker Eddy and Albert Einstein are both known for forwarding concepts of the physical universe quite different from those generally accepted by the scientists of their day. Biographers of Einstein (other than some Christian Scientists) do not regard him as a Christian Scientist. He is known variously as a non-practicing Jew, an agnostic, or simply as a person with an idiosyncratic personal worldview. More details about Einstein's religious background and beliefs, from general academic sources, can be found here.
It is beyond the scope of this document to extant to which Einstein's scientific theories or personal beliefs coincide with Christian Science teachings. Holding some similar or even identical beliefs as those taught by a group does not necessarily make a person an adherent of that group. But if Einstein was regularly attending a Christian Science church he would meet one of the technical definitions of an "adherent." This "Famous Christian Scientists" page is not intended as a source of detailed information about Albert Einstein or any other individual listed here. This "factoid" or rumor, (whichever it is) is included here for the sake of completeness.

An article on the official Christian Science website notes (http://www.christianscience.org/Einstein.htm):

Few people today realize how much Albert Einstein studied Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, supported its conclusions, and admired its author, Mary Baker Eddy. Dr. Einstein was known to visit Christian Science churches and Reading Rooms in the New York and New Jersey areas. There have been numerous anecdotes and quotes preserved over the years from individuals who have had knowledge of, or contact with Dr. Einstein, in connection with Christian Science.
"...the librarian of the New York Reading Room which Dr. Einstein frequented, that upon his leaving the Reading Room one day he commented, 'You people don't know what you have in that book (meaning Science and Health).'"

"In an affidavit by Mary Spaulding, wife of the famous violinist Alfred Spaulding, was preserved a conversation she had with Albert Einstein in the New York City Reading Room on 42nd Street. Dr. Einstein's high regard for Science and Health is reflected in the following: 'Science and Health is beyond this generation's understanding. It is the pure science. And, to think that a woman knew this over eighty years ago!'"

"A [librarian] in the [Christian Science Reading Room] in Princeton, New Jersey told me that Dr. Einstein was one of the most frequent visitors to the Reading Room. He would come in and spend an hour or two just reading Science and Health. One day as he was leaving the Reading Room, he stopped at the librarian's desk, and said: 'If everyone realized what is in that book (meaning Science and Health), you would not have enough room anywhere to accommodate the people who would be clamoring for it.'" - Reminiscences of Elizabeth Earl Jones, from The Healer: The Healing Work of Mary Baker Eddy, p. 189.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 01:11 pm
OK. But what does Christian Science have to do with this?
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 12:59 am
that bwe started out as monkeys and adapted learned and evolved into what we are today makes a hole lot more sence than well a big guy in the sky made usand the earth in a week.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:15 am
From WIKIPEDIA:

Religious views
Although he was raised Jewish, he was not a believer in Judaism. He simply admired the beauty of nature and the universe. From a letter written in English, dated March 24, 1954, Einstein wrote, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

He also said (in an essay reprinted in Living Philosophies, vol. 13 (1931)): "A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible to our minds - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute true religiosity; in this sense, and this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

The following is a response made to Rabbi Herbert Goldstein of the International Synagogue in New York which read, "I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings." After being pressed on his religious views by Martin Buber, Einstein exclaimed, "What we [physicists] strive for is just to draw His lines after Him." Summarizing his religious beliefs, he once said: "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

He also expressed admiration for Buddhism, which he said "has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: It transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and the spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity."

Victor J. Stenger, author of Has Science Found God? (2001), wrote of Einstein's presumed pantheism, "Both deism and traditional Judeo-Christian-Islamic theism must also be contrasted with pantheism, the notion attributed to Baruch Spinoza that the deity is associated with the order of nature or the universe itself. This also crudely summarizes the Hindu view and that of many indigenous religions around the world. When modern scientists such as Einstein and Stephen Hawking mention 'God' in their writings, this is what they seem to mean: that God is Nature."

He was a fond lover of Mahatma Gandhi and his political views.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:29 am
curlgurl wrote:
that bwe started out as monkeys and adapted learned and evolved into what we are today makes a hole lot more sence than well a big guy in the sky made usand the earth in a week.
Please do this so we may understand what the heck you are saying:

Before you hit submit, hit the preview button.

Then hit spell check.

It won't make you correct. But at least you will be understood.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:44 am
neologist,

It is obvious what curlgurl was saying. Curlgurl believes evolution is easier to believe than a literal interpretation of Genesis.

(I am sure your friend, "Joe Sixpack", understood what curlgurl was saying.)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:57 am
xingu wrote:
OK. But what does Christian Science have to do with this?

What does Christian Science have to do with evolution/creation?

That is exactly what I would like to ask Einstein...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:04 am
neologist wrote:
curlgurl wrote:
Please do this so we may understand what the heck you are saying:

Before you hit submit, hit the preview button.

Then hit spell check.

It won't make you correct. But at least you will be understood.

Curlgurl, I suppose the big bang and the first atoms popped out of a birthday cake...

Currently the science community thinks that, one moment before the "big bang" there was absolutely "nothing"... I suppose we all came out of nothing... haha, now that is even funnier that a big God in the sky creating living and intelligent beings... Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:11 am
"Curlgurl, I suppose the big bang and the first atoms popped out of a birthday cake..."

Can you prove otherwise? I think not.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:19 am
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/deepimpact/main/index.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:30 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Curlgurl, I suppose the big bang and the first atoms popped out of a birthday cake..."

Can you prove otherwise? I think not.

Existence is proof...

Do you think this is all a dream? hehe

Now you can think existence came out of "nothing" but even the Greek philosophers would be laughing at your ideas as I do...

nothing comes from nothing...

Even the big bang would have needed an architect and means to have pulled off such a feat.

Scientists say before the big bang there was no time... no space... and no energy or matter... ROTFALOL

Physical science is at it's fundamental levels, stupid...

What God forbid was there before the big bang... dreams, thoughts, ideas, reality, character... and whose were these dreams?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:49 am
If "nothing comes from nothing..." where did god come from? Men's imagination.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:53 am
RR, You must study and learn about circular logic and about scientific evidence. All gods are the creation of man. You should study the history of the older cultures older than 1,000BC. They created gods long before the bible jesus was created.
0 Replies