rosborne979

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:22 am
RexRed wrote:
Science is the discovery and the classification of the observable where religion tries to classify the invisible...

Good one Rex Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:26 am
RexRed wrote:
A scientific "theory" is merely "speculation"

Bzzzzzzt, Incorrect, but thanks for playing the game. The word "Theory" in science does not mean "speculation". See your dictionary for details.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:43 am
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:
A scientific "theory" is merely "speculation"

Bzzzzzzt, Incorrect, but thanks for playing the game. The word "Theory" in science does not mean "speculation". See your dictionary for details.

It really doesn't matter what the word "theory" means to scientists when we see how many scientists oppose each other's "theories"...

Scientists can call it a theory or an educated guess I prefer to call it speculation... would you rather me call it religion? Smile

Anyone know why our post got locked? The one called "which religion is the one true religion"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 11:28 am
Sabre tooth tigers were more like a bear than a tiger and they ran like a dog...

They had the front legs and face of a cat and they had the hind legs of a dog and they had the body muscular skeleton of a bear. They preferred the neck over the stomach to kill their prey.

It is speculated that they died off because they could not chase small prey. Because they were too heavy and could not run fast. Thus when the "BIG" game died off that they could not chase the smaller game.

The sabre tooth tiger was only a bit larger than the largest of the cat family of today.

I don't recall if sabres were able to hibernate but I think this is a reason why bears have survived.

I learned this recently on the science channel on a program called "sabretooth", new understanding that has been learned from sabres and also computer science.

It was even speculated if Sabres cared for the wounded of their pact.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:04 pm
There is speculation about the saber tooth tiger based on what fossil evidence there is. No one may ever know the detailed life of the saber tooth tiger any more than they will about the trilobites.

But there is no speculation about evolution. It real and it's happening. There is nothing that can take its place. There is no other idea that can cover all the sciences the way evolution does; certainly not paranormal gobbledygook like Creationism.

Eventually biblical Creationism will go the same way the biblical flat earth and the biblical geocentrism went; down the drain.
0 Replies

jenniejen

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 04:51 pm
For the ones who think, people came from a certain monkey/ape. You are really wrong. Look at it like this. Why are there so many different continents with thousands of different kinds of races? Everyone did not change at once. We are all people Chinese,white, black, purtorican, ect. We are not animals. Why is everyone different? Did we all change the same time? Impossible.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:04 pm
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050627/deepimpact.html?through=news|rss|briefs|0627|deepimpact.html
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:02 pm
jenniejen

As I have said before evolution is real. The theory is how it works.

Origin of races is still unknown. There are theories but no one knows for certain how they originated or when.

This doesn't mean evolution is wrong. It means we still have a lot to learn.

I might also point out that we did not evolve from the apes or monkeys. Humans and apes have a common ancestor.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo/homo_2%20.htm

http://www.geocities.com/palaeoanthropology/Herectus.html

If you think evolution is wrong because of the races can you please offer us a viable alternative?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:33 pm
jenniejen wrote:
For the ones who think, people came from a certain monkey/ape. You are really wrong. Look at it like this. Why are there so many different continents with thousands of different kinds of races? Everyone did not change at once. We are all people Chinese,white, black, purtorican, ect. We are not animals. Why is everyone different? Did we all change the same time? Impossible.
Jen, I have it on good authority that Purtorican souls migrated here from Venus by a process known only to believers of ECK, so your postulate that they are in any way related to ECT is subject to review by the collective boards of NDE, OBE and RDE. I'll let xingu take it from here, as he is the expert.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:39 pm
I googled "purtorican" sheerly for the comic relief value. There is a purtorican.com, which is a travel agency site for cruises to the Bahamas and Puerto Rico. Otherwise, every reference i can find for it suggests that it is a corruption from ignorance of Puerto Rican--and has an urban origin. With ignorance as the root of the word, i am comfortable with its appearance in this context.
0 Replies

jenniejen

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 08:17 pm
xingu wrote:
jenniejen

As I have said before evolution is real. The theory is how it works.

Origin of races is still unknown. There are theories but no one knows for certain how they originated or when.

This doesn't mean evolution is wrong. It means we still have a lot to learn.

I might also point out that we did not evolve from the apes or monkeys. Humans and apes have a common ancestor.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo/homo_2%20.htm

http://www.geocities.com/palaeoanthropology/Herectus.html

If you think evolution is wrong because of the races can you please offer us a viable alternative?

Well how the hell did people get so smart then. Those links you posted have pictures of cave men. To tell you the truth, I think the devil put them bones there. Twisted Evil

Evolution is simple a tool that God uses.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:39 pm
Quote:
Well how the hell did people get so smart then.

When homo erectus evolved into Homo sapiens our brains got bigger.

Quote:
To tell you the truth, I think the devil put them bones there.

Or maybe God did to test our faith, you think? I had a SDA tell me that once.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
I googled "purtorican" sheerly for the comic relief value. There is a purtorican.com, which is a travel agency site for cruises to the Bahamas and Puerto Rico. Otherwise, every reference i can find for it suggests that it is a corruption from ignorance of Puerto Rican--and has an urban origin. With ignorance as the root of the word, i am comfortable with its appearance in this context.
No ECK?
OH, heck!

Where did all these Venutians come from, then?
0 Replies

jenniejen

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:20 pm
Quote:
To tell you the truth, I think the devil put them bones there.

Or maybe God did to test our faith, you think? I had a SDA tell me that once.[/quote]

He probably did.

evolution is simply a tool that God uses.

Well Im getting this information from someone right now who reads the bible and if this is in the Bible then God did this.
|
\/

(Two seperate things happening simultaneously. Cain was banished to the Land of Nod to take a wife. Thats where evolution and the cave man comes into play. To things started seperately and combined)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:31 pm
jenniejen wrote:

Well Im getting this information from someone right now who reads the bible and if this is in the Bible then God did this.

Jen, why rely on someone else to read the bible for you when you can read it yourself?

Also, could you define what you mean by evolution?
0 Replies

jenniejen

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:35 pm
I do read it all the time I just never got around to read the whole thing. Im always reading everything else. How about you?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:50 pm
I read it daily and have read it through. My question is the same, however: Why get your information from someone (else) who 'reads the bible'?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 01:34 am
xingu wrote:
There is speculation about the saber tooth tiger based on what fossil evidence there is. No one may ever know the detailed life of the saber tooth tiger any more than they will about the trilobites.

But there is no speculation about evolution. It real and it's happening. There is nothing that can take its place. There is no other idea that can cover all the sciences the way evolution does; certainly not paranormal gobbledygook like Creationism.

Eventually biblical Creationism will go the same way the biblical flat earth and the biblical geocentrism went; down the drain.

Comment:

...paranormal gobbledygook like Creationism?

You seem to forget that Einstein believed strongly in the kingdom of God... He knew there was "creation" one second before the big bang...
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 04:34 am
Quote:
You seem to forget that Einstein believed strongly in the kingdom of God... He knew there was "creation" one second before the big bang...

He believed, not knew. No one knows what happened before the Big Bang.

The Bibilical story of creation is myth. All cultures had their creation myths. The Jews creation myth and their tribal God is no more real than any other tribe that has existed before or since.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:09 am
xingu wrote:
Quote:

He believed, not knew. No one knows what happened before the Big Bang.

The Bibilical story of creation is myth. All cultures had their creation myths. The Jews creation myth and their tribal God is no more real than any other tribe that has existed before or since.

You seem to think you "know" it is "not" creation... isn't that a bit presumptuous of you?

quote: paranormal gobbledygook like Creationism

Comment:
A man as educated as Einstein had profound belief in God.. yet you seem to "know" more than Einstein. You are willing to insult the powers that be to tote your scientific self worshiping "religion".
0 Replies