1
   

"Like, BIGTIME, ya know?"

 
 
Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 09:10 pm
Does "Like, BIGTIME, ya know?" mean "(that <the face that Strzok and his men were cheated> is) like, a wide-spread story, you know?"

Thanks in anticipation.

Context:
layman wrote:

I don't know who Strzok and his homeys paid insurance premiums to, but I do know that they got completely ******* ripped off, eh? Like, BIGTIME, ya know?


Source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 849 • Replies: 5
No top replies

 
View best answer, chosen by oristarA
layman
 
  2  
Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 09:39 pm
Bigtime means the same thing as Trump's favorite "Big league."

In baseball, it mean ya aint playin in the minor leagues, but the big leagues (the majors).

There's small time thieves, and big time thieves.

Ya can get ripped off just a little bit, or ya can get ripped off BIGTIME. Get the picture, Ori?
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:25 pm
@layman,
Thank you.

The picture I got is: They got ripped off/cheated badly/greatly.

Am I on the right track?
layman
  Selected Answer
 
  2  
Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:30 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Thank you.

The picture I got is: They got ripped off/cheated badly/greatly.

Am I on the right track?


Sho nuff! Another way of sayin the same damn thing coulda been "Like, BAD, ya know?
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 04:07 am
@layman,
layman wrote:


Sho nuff! Another way of sayin the same damn thing coulda been "Like, BAD, ya know?


I am sure it is a local language. Southern or Northern of the US?
layman
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 07:04 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

layman wrote:


Sho nuff! Another way of sayin the same damn thing coulda been "Like, BAD, ya know?


I am sure it is a local language. Southern or Northern of the US?


Naw, aint nuthin local about it, eh, Ori? It's just plain old American, that's all.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

deal - Question by WBYeats
Drs. = female doctor? - Question by oristarA
Let pupils abandon spelling rules, says academic - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Please, I need help. - Question by imsak
Is this sentence grammatically correct? - Question by Sydney-Strock
"come from" - Question by mcook
 
  1. Forums
  2. » "Like, BIGTIME, ya know?"
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2019 at 03:12:56