13
   

Was your vote in the 2016 elections meddled with?

 
 
engineer
 
  3  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 05:12 am
@McGentrix,
Do you think the Russians would tell Assange who they are? Assange could have been duped or he could be on a power trip and couldn't resist a major US target. Either way, all of our intelligence services are in agreement and our Congressional representatives who have seen the data say it is overwhelming that Russia hacked the DNC. Muller has indicted 12 people which means he is willing to make the case in court, in front of a jury. As an American, are you really willing to give a foreign power a pass on this?
Lash
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 06:09 am
@engineer,
I am glad to have confirmation of what I suspected.

Hillary Clinton, her campaign administration, and the DNC conspired with several wealthy ‘journalists’ to rig the news to benefit Hillary and to harm Bernie Sanders’ campaign.

I’m glad to know without a shadow of doubt that Hillary Clinton’s campaign staff colluded with journalists to elevate media attention on Donald Trump in order to wipe out candidates who would be hard for her to beat. They wanted desperately for Trump to be the nominee—and we have their emails to prove it—because they knew she was so unpopular that she needed a complete buffoon on the opposite ticket.

I’m glad to have proof that Trump is now in the Oval Office because of DNC /Clinton corruption.

I like knowing the truth. I can ably see why most people don’t.

Lash
 
  0  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 06:19 am
I’d like a list of all of the governments who were trying to spread misinformation in this country during the election, and a list of all the countries that the US was treating the same way.

Where’s our investigation into china’s surveillance and online activity around our election??

Because mueller and company have an agenda to make it seem like Russian was the only country engaged in this penny ante dabbling, we don’t hear about the international spying related to our candidates and the 2016 shitshow.

They single out Russia and this single spying episode to claim trump is illegitimate and to deflect the outrageous collusion between the DNC and journalists.

Russia was doing what all major countries do constantly and people who know that see how preposterous it is to single them out in this one case and try to pretend they were the only ones and this was the only time.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  3  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 06:24 am
@Lash,
Because you are condoning complete and illegal warfare in our political system. If it is ok for Russia to hack the DNC, then it is ok for China to hack Sanders and give all his campaign plans to his opponents and for Russia to hack Claire McCaskill and leak information out of context and for the RNC and the DNC to hack each other and for Exxon to hack Elizabeth Warren to see what environmental laws she is proposing, etc. Eventually it will be ok for someone to hack you to see if you are really as supportive of Sanders in private as you are on this board. People have a right to privacy. They can vent if they want, plan in privacy, debate various courses of action freely. At least in the US you are supposed to be able to do that. You say you don't consider the DNC hack and the Watergate break in equivalent, but the goals of the perpetrators were exactly the same - to discover the opponent's plans and get dirt. Because the victim was your political opponent doesn't justify it. You might be the victim next time and if no one stands up, you will certainly be the victim eventually.
Lash
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 06:33 am
@engineer,
Like I said earlier, if you are a public figure receiving public funds, a corporation in charge of health, food, safety, and someone releases information that shows you are corrupt and duplicitous, I support it. I think charges should be brought using the email proof.

Using it for blackmail should be prosecuted.

Doing this to private citizens should be prosecuted.

I see you disagree, but that’s how I feel.
engineer
 
  4  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 06:45 am
@Lash,
That position justifies open cyber warfare in our society - corporations attacking each other, politicians attacking each other, everyone attacking anyone nominally trying to find corruption and duplicity but happy to take whatever they can. Even with your caveats, this is easy to abuse. Who is a private citizen? All politicians are private citizens. What is blackmail in the political space? If I steal on politician's campaign plans and sell them to another, that's not blackmail although it is crime for profit, I'm just getting my money from someone other than the victim. To say that hackers can attack anyone they want looking for dirt is to allow complete chaos in our society.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:28 am
@Lash,
I've had confirmation too, Trump supporters are clueless dolts who'll believe anything der trumpster says no matter how deranged and contradictory.

Thanks to Oralloy for providing said confirmation.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
clueless dolt
As usual, you cannot point to a single thing that I am wrong about.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
@oralloy,
Only one lot of confirmation was needed, but thanks for sealing the deal.
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:57 am
@izzythepush,
Your lies about me only serve to expose your own dishonesty.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 11:11 am
@oralloy,
You really are the gift that keeps on giving. No further evidence needed thank you very much.
oralloy
 
  -3  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
@izzythepush,
You are lying about me. You are dishonest.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:23 pm
@oralloy,
That's what I'm talking about right there.

Take a break, you don't have to keep proving my point. Most people take clueless dolt as read.

Tell you what, I won't say any more then you can have the last word and everyone else can get back to the topic.
oralloy
 
  -4  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:49 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
That's what I'm talking about right there.
All you are doing is lying about me.

izzythepush wrote:
Take a break, you don't have to keep proving my point.
Denouncing your lies does not prove them.

izzythepush wrote:
Most people take clueless dolt as read.
No. Only the ones who can't cope with the facts that I post and need to rationalize it somehow.

They have to suffer major cognitive dissonance to avoid confronting the fact that they cannot point out anything that I am wrong about.

izzythepush wrote:
Tell you what, I won't say any more then you can have the last word and everyone else can get back to the topic.
It would indeed be good if you stopped lying about me.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 02:01 pm
ANSWER CHOICES

RESPONSES


YES!
10.00% 1

NO!
80.00% 8

I DIDN'T VOTE!
10.00% 1

Responses
Other (please specify)
10.00% 1
Total Respondents: 10

Only 10 responses, huh.

Thanks for playing!
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 07:39 am
@McGentrix,
Your not so smart are you mcg?
Brandon9000
 
  2  
Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 09:14 am
The Russians attacked our democracy, and should be both stopped and severely punished, however thousands of people were trying in one way or another to mislead the voters to influence the elections.
najmelliw
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 03:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
I am pretty much convinced that there haven't been any major democratic elections (Major as in, not who leads the local spinster circle every Thursday) that hasn't been tampered with, or has been tried to tamper with. When the stakes to win are high, there will always be people that will do their best to manipulate the end result in their favor.

So the question is pretty much moot in my opinion.
Ragman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 03:49 pm
@najmelliw,
Some very distinct differences have to be spelled out about changing the atmosphere to allow democratic US Federal elections: however, whether or not there's ever been a fair and democratic election is up for debate. Your supposition may or may not be true. What is more important is what can be done to eliminate or greatly reduce any chance of outside (or inside) interferences or tampering.

It is in the best interests of the votersas well as legislators to see to it that democratic elections can occur and enforce ways or protecting against cyber-attacks, ballot tampering and prevents gerrymandering election districts. More should be done and can be done if the electorate insists and persists.
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 04:23 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Your not so smart are you mcg?



I am exactly as smart as I think I am, thank you.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/22/2020 at 07:32:10