Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:25 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
it is gone
The pandemic is not a hurricane or a wildfire. No one can see the future.
coldjoint wrote:
Data now shows it does not live up to its hype.
Qua definitionem, a pandemic is an epidemic occurring on a scale that crosses international boundaries.

There's no news I could find that immunisation is reached by now by vaccination or/and herd immunity.
Immunisation is the sign that a pandemic "is gone".
From where do you have the information others don't have?
revelette3

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I worded it wrong, I know who I am going to vote for, just don't know how I am going to vote. If it is still dangerous for me to get out, I don't think I will and I am hoping my vote here in KY won't make a difference. But I have voted most of my adult life and I would hate to not have a chance to vote McConnell out. Oh, we can still dream I guess. Goes without saying, Trump, but he is still very popular in this state; doubt my vote will count.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Immunisation is the sign that a pandemic "is gone."

Then what is it? Asymptomatic cases vastly outnumber the deaths and hospitalizations. Time to end the panic and protect the people that are most likely to get it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:57 am
@coldjoint,
My response was to your post that the pandemic is gone.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 12:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
My response was to your post that the pandemic is gone.

As far as I am concerned and many others, doctors and experts included , it is.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 12:12 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
doubt my vote will count.

I would submit you might be wrong. Every vote counts, just like every one of their votes count, too. The meme that your vote doesn't count is just another method of voter suppression. If your and my votes don't don't count why are they trying to hard to keep us from voting? By gerrymandering, by moving voting polls out of high Democratic districts, by fraud, by threats of violence, by telling you: whats the point - you're only one vote?

Which leads to another reason why its important you vote: we outnumber them and we can affect gerrymandering by voting for Democrats in the legislature. If people don't vote in the Presidential election because Trump will win anyway, they also aren't voting in their own district representative's elections. After every census there is redistricting which is managed by the State Legislatures. So all those pudunk state races Democrats ignored got us gerrymanded to the position where in some states Republican votes are 1-2 times the value of Democratic votes even though registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans.

Please do not fall for the "my vote means nothing" lie.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 12:35 pm
@coldjoint,
Deaths are still going up. It's hitting parts of the country it hadn't yet. If wishes were fishes, we'd be eating sushi at every meal.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 12:38 pm
@coldjoint,
How?
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 01:57 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Kentucky

Confirmed
Recovered
Deaths

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ky+coronavirus&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&plvar=0&refig=caf5a2d7f4db4324ac10beb64d2c12b1&PC=HCTS&sp=2&qs=FT&pq=ky+&sk=PRES1FT1&sc=8-3&cvid=caf5a2d7f4db4324ac10beb64d2c12b1&cc=US&setlang=en-US

The above very long link is a bing search. Those experts must not be looking at all states.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 02:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yes, you are probably right. If it is open, I will vote. I will just wear a pair of my husband's gloves he wears when does sewer stuff (a box of super duty black gloves) and a mask. I think there is some guy selling them a couple of roads from me. Guess I'll keep read reading our local papers to find out the news on it. I would really like to get Mitch McConnell out. Not sure who I want out more between them both.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 02:26 pm
@revelette3,
I think sometimes McConnell is the more evil. Without him a lot of Trumps crap would have folded on the floor.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 02:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
McConnell and his spouse. <makes devil sympol>
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 02:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
McConnell is

an establishment politician. He has proven it by not giving Trump the chance to make any recess appointments. Calling him names changes nothing, least of all the desperation claiming Mc Connell is in Trump's pocket.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 08:53 am
Quote:
Political pundits will “grade” former vice president Joe Biden’s response to Tara Reade’s allegation that he digitally penetrated her more than 25 years ago. The campaign’s written statement was empathetic and respectful but definitive. Biden sat for a tough interview Friday without losing his cool. He was not angry or accusatory; he did not claim a conspiracy nor insult the accuser. He volunteered to open Senate papers (which he said are at the National Archives, not at the University of Delaware). In short, he did what an innocent person would do and say.

The lines “If you believe Christine Blasey Ford, you have to believe Reade” or “You didn’t believe President Trump, so you cannot believe Biden” (or other variations) are the worst examples of mindless “balance” and faux objectivity. It takes a minute to identify fundamental differences between situations that bear little resemblance to one another.

Trump never sat for a grueling interview to go through the facts of more than a dozen claims against him. Biden sat for an interrogation of a single claim of sexual assault. (And no, his penchant to ignore personal space and excessive hugginess were not sexual, although they were inappropriate.)

Unlike Republicans and now-Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, who refused to allow a full investigation of charges, Biden has put no restrictions on media inquiries and has offered up relevant documents. (Republicans also refused to open up all documents relevant to Kavanaugh’s past White House work having nothing to do with Ford’s allegation.)

And let’s get real: Reade and Ford are not similar accusers. Ford’s story was consistent for years. Reade’s has not been. Ford did not claim to have complained contemporaneously; Reade did and was rebutted by Biden staff to whom she would have complained. In Kavanaugh’s case, there was another witness to an alleged, separate incident of sexual misconduct at Yale University involving Kavanaugh. In Reade’s case, no one else has accused Biden of anything like Reade’s claim.

Biden’s statements in writing and in the interview are hard to dispute: Women should be heard and believed, but facts and the truth matter like in every other crime. (In his written statement enumerating the fundamental concerns in these cases, Biden said, “One is that women deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and when they step forward they should be heard, not silenced. The second is that their stories should be subject to appropriate inquiry and scrutiny.”) If a witness changes her story (“Responsible news organizations should examine and evaluate the full and growing record of inconsistencies in her story, which has changed repeatedly in both small and big ways”), her credibility is seriously compromised.

Several points deserve emphasis.

First, the media do not question Trump about the serial allegations against him at his endless daily appearances. They’ve shrugged their shoulders and given up trying to pin him down on the numerous complaints of harassment and/or assault. They should continue to scrutinize his claims and ask questions whether he answers or not.

Second, people are entitled to believe Reade despite her inconsistencies, the denials from Biden and his staff and the (so far) dearth of written evidence of her complaint. The question is whether the American people decide the evidence is credible. Unless more evidence surfaces, I would wager they do not.

Third, Democrats perpetually worried that the Biden team is “blowing it” (Biden is hidden away! Not in the news!) might want to chill. This was a textbook example of effective campaign communication. The candidate is leading in the polls, and Trump is melting down (in the latest ABC/Ipsos poll, “his disapproval rating among Americans reached a numeric high of 57%, with only 42% approving.”) Maybe these people do know what they are doing.

WP
snood

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 09:13 am
@revelette3,
Very good summation of the matter. Good find, Rev.
snood

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 09:19 am
I just want to say I watched Mika Brzynski’s interview of Biden this morning, and I was proud of the way he answered - clearly and directly, without rancor.

Also, the fact that anyone can look at this man and Trump and say that Biden is the one with cognitive issues... It boggles.
revelette3

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 10:54 am
@snood,
I have to rely on internet articles of Morning Joe, I don't get going that early anymore, more's the pity. Biden provided a full statement before going on that interview.

Read Joe Biden’s Full Statement Responding to Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Accusations
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 11:41 am
@snood,
Quote:
say that Biden is the one with cognitive issues

I can say it. It is obvious.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 03:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Biden doesn't have any cognitive issues. But you prove yours with every post.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 1 May, 2020 07:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Biden doesn't have any cognitive issues.

Your are right his brain has vanished. No brain, no issues.
0 Replies