hightor

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 04:57 am
@Leadfoot,
I noticed that as well and questioned it. But the link the author provided goes into some detail and explains it a bit more. There are different kinds of campaign promises and it's a mistake to dismiss them all as irrelevant or aspirational. Trump certainly uses the "promises kept" line to show how successful his presidency has been.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 05:18 am
@hightor,
Well, true, if by 'platform' you don’t mean the written thing the party draws up. Different kinds of promises indeed.

The only ones who seem to really get the point are the ‘evangelicals'. Maybe 'Progressives' will figure that out someday.

Trump is very selective in keeping his. He's stabbed other promises in the back, (and been very discreet about it.)
revelette3

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 06:57 am
A Wealth Tax Is the Logical Way to Support Coronavirus Relief
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:05 am
@revelette3,
Absolutely, Let them show some responsibility and gratitude for their privilege, after all don't they want us to die to keep their economy going?

We're part of their economy, too - the market. No market, no workers: NO wealth.
revelette3

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:08 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Well, true, if by 'platform' you don’t mean the written thing the party draws up. Different kinds of promises indeed.

The only ones who seem to really get the point are the ‘evangelicals'. Maybe 'Progressives' will figure that out someday.

True, I hope more progressives get that point. It will be a win for everybody as what a lot of what progressives want is pretty popular. It was their campaign-style which fell flat in the end. It wasn't too inclusive to the Democratic party.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:10 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Seems kind of counterintuitive don’t it?

Besides, the workers are chomping at the bit to go back to work and screw the virus. I know I’ve ignored it.
revelette3

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:10 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I know, that Georgia governor is a real nut job. Opening up tattoo parlors is a must? How can you maintain 6 feet in such a setting? Have they even met Trump's so-called guidelines?

[Coronavirus Live Updates: Trump Says He Will Halt Immigration to the U.S./url]
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 07:20 am
@revelette3,
Damn! I thought you got it.

The written and spoken policies have nothing to do with the real policies/promises.
Trump is way smarter that the progressives give him credit for. That is why they don’t make any headway in this shitstorm.
revelette3

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 08:06 am
@Leadfoot,
I did get it. Evangelist have voted and stuck by Trump against their own moral principles to get what they want. Trump has been giving them what they want to keep them. Progressives can do the same. They seem to have the same drive as right-wing republicans, either tea party or evangelicals. They will keep up the leftist fight and Biden will have to listen to them like Trump does them.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 08:48 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
even met Trump's so-called guidelines?

"Guidelines? Guidelines! We don't need no stinking guidelines!"

Services will be held at ....

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 08:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Where do we send the flowers in condolence to your family? Or are they as wrong minded as yourself?
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Probably. Mom (96) decided this would be a good time to travel and enjoy her last years on earth. She is miffed at the restrictions.

Not that we don’t think CV 19 is real, we just look at the actual data and decide how to respond. None of us has been especially risk averse, but always willing to pay the consequences if we get it wrong. All six of us have always felt we were living in a world full of gutless pussies and wish other people had the courage to actually live.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:17 pm
@revelette3,
OK, I just read that post too hastily.
revelette3

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
Do the same myself.

But interrupting your conversation with bobsal, (or butting in), it is not that people are adverse to people willing to risk themselves (which is why i never understood the choice of whether you want to keep on living..people should be allowed to choose) but, you might be a risk to others and just don't know it. You could be carrying and not even realize if you have mild or no symptoms but that don't mean you might not pass it on to others not as fortunate as yourselves. Kind of like having casual unprotected sex.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 03:28 pm
@revelette3,
Right, we don’t have the right to choose for others.

But have you seen the cops writing tickets to people in their cars who went for a drive to watch the sunset?
Or the lone paddle board guy at the beach ordered out of the ocean by them?

Nuts to that stuff.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 03:38 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Or the lone paddle board guy at the beach ordered out of the ocean by them?

That is called tyranny. Anyone who approves of this kind of control has absolutely no idea of what this country is about.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 03:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Don’t get me started...
coldjoint

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 03:46 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Don’t get me started...

Mr. Green
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 05:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
One guy out on a paddle board and someone sees him and says oh it's okay to come here, and pretty soon you have a beachful of me-toos who'll come back and infect us all and start the damned thing all over again. 81% of the country supports distancing and shelter in place. 81%, and 19% infectees-in-waiting.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 05:55 pm
@coldjoint,
feel free to infect yourself. Stay the hell away from those of us with sense.
0 Replies