coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 11:53 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
He's a-aiming to stop you (and shut down Breitbart to show Kellyann how much he cares)

Tell him to get a big piece of cake and some donuts to wash it down. Then let him know nobody takes him seriously except him. And you.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 11:56 am
@coldjoint,
Then why are you following him around on a dozen platforms? Scared are you? Don't try to deny it, the sweat dripping, nay, pouring from your brow reveals the truth!
coldjoint

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 11:58 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Then why are you following him around on a dozen platforms?

I am not. What makes you think I am? I only hear about the fool here from the naive people that do follow him.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 12:58 pm
Exactly! I knew we shoulda nuked them bastards a long time ago. the filthy commies, them.

Quote:
Gen. Anthony Tata: Repercussions of China's coronavirus misinformation tantamount to detonating a nuclear bomb

America needs to respond to the Chinese government's deliberate act of misinformation surrounding coronavirus as if they detonated a nuclear bomb killing 150,000 people, retired Army Brig. General Anthony Tata stated Saturday.

"You know, what happened...the Chinese government deliberately withheld information, deliberately manipulated information, and the numbers...are an example of that," he remarked. "They suppressed whistleblowers who were trying to talk about how bad this was and, particularly, the human-to-human contagion aspect of this. China said it was not "H-to-H" and then the [World Health Organization] was a puppet for China and said the same thing."

And so," he continued, "it was a deliberate act of misinformation by the Chinese government and it is tantamount to detonating a nuclear bomb and killing 150,000 people. It's the same thing in my view."

"This is a communist dictatorship that hid the information. They shut down travel within their own country, but they allowed the virus to go to other countries," he concluded. "They intentionally allowed this to happen knowing how bad it was. And, they shut down the centers. They shut down whistleblowers. They shut down travel to protect themselves. But, they let others [who] were infected to go around the world and they've killed 150,000 people."

There aint but one sensible way to retaliate for someone dropping a nuclear bomb on your ass, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 01:48 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If your spoken ability in French is equivalent to your written ability in English, I am not impressed. I don't know what your problem is, but you have no reason to indulge in this name calling. So us both a favor, and put me on ignore.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 02:56 pm
But his aim is not to make sense or reasoned arguments. It’s to provoke heated answers.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 03:14 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

But his aim is not to make sense or reasoned arguments. It’s to provoke heated answers.

Tell it to one of the top Generals in history, eh? And I aint just talking DugoutDoug MacArthur either, but him too. MacArthur saw the handwriting on the wall 70 years ago.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 03:28 pm
@layman,
Quote:
On 9 December 1950, MacArthur requested field commander's discretion to employ nuclear weapons. On 24 December 1950, MacArthur submitted a list of "retardation targets" in Korea, Manchuria and other parts of China, for which 34 atomic bombs would be required.

In interview with Jim G. Lucas and Bob Considine on 25 January 1954, MacArthur said:

"I could have won the war in Korea in a maximum of 10 days.... I would have dropped between 30 and 50 atomic bombs on his air bases and other depots strung across the neck of Manchuria.... It was my plan as our amphibious forces moved south to spread behind us—from the Sea of Japan to the Yellow Sea—a belt of radioactive cobalt. It could have been spread from wagons, carts, trucks and planes.... For at least 60 years there could have been no land invasion of Korea from the north. The enemy could not have marched across that radiated belt."

If only people had listened to MacArthur there wouldn't be no Rocket Boy now. There wouldn't be no damn Kung Flu, neither.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:06 pm
Comin back to them damn injuns for a minute, here's a good ole Woody Guthrie tune, as sung by his boy, Arlo.

layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 04:41 pm
@layman,
Hard to think of Woody without also thinkin bout Bobby Dylan, eh? Here's Bobby doin his self up a little blues tune.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:39 pm
@layman,
As I remember, Woody wrote that for his brother Jack, who was a movie cowboy. Jack wrote to Woody, he should come to Hollywood and work in the movies himself, big money. So Woody went west. Every year there was a big parae, maybe the Rose Bowl, I dont' remember, where all the potential western actors would ride and show off their moves in front of the bigwig stand where all the movie execs sat holding informal auditions. Woody fell off his horse. So he became a folksinger instead.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 06:56 pm
@layman,
A few years larer, Uncle Sam hired Woody as official folksinger/songwriter to write songs for the huge dam infrastructureprojects which helped spend us out of the Great Depression. Good deal for the country. Great for the projects. According to the legend, Woody drank 26 bottles of whiskey and wrote 26 songs about dams in 26 days.
layman

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 07:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
This tune is not particularly melodic, moving or anything, but it does show you that Woody was a damn good songwriter. He put together some interesting lyrics, wherever he went.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 07:48 pm
@layman,
Don't know offhand where he got that tune, but he did tend to borrow tunes andput his own lyrics to them. Carter family tunes, gospel tunes, whatever was lieing around could become a woody song. Lotta the imagery in that is in the same vein as "This Land Is Your Land".
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 08:12 pm
@layman,
And America would be a radioactive wasteland now. 30 or gods help us 50 of the dirty bombs which were all they had then and the fallout would have toasted all of us. We're downwind from Asia. Say hello to babies with two heads and no legs..Not to mention someone would be likely to fly over or moor a ship in one of our harbors with a bomb on board. Fortunately Truman had more sense than Doomsday Douglas.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 01:28 am
Genocide R U. If you salivate at the thought of spending fifteen years locked in a concrete bunker fifty feet underground, waiting for the radiation to abate so Megalomaniac McArthur could have his fantasies, you're really strange.
layman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 06:33 am
Kinda dead in this here thread, eh? All the cheese-eaters seem to have run off for some damn reason. I'll guess I'll mosey on over to the next cheese-eating thread for a spell. One where they aint ALL cheese-eaters, ya know?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 05:35 pm
Well, I've made a few posts in another cheese-eating thread now, and I'm getting downvotes in the double digits. All without any comment whatsoever on the content of my posts, which consist primarily of quoting facts from reputable sources.

I wonder when the cheese-eaters will just haul off and close shop in that thread, ya know?
coldjoint

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 05:59 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Well, I've made a few posts in another cheese-eating thread now, and I'm getting downvotes in the double digits.

I do not think they understand that when a post is blocked from view people read it to see why it has been voted down. They defeat their own purpose. But it is something they do excel at.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 06:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
50 of the dirty bombs which were all they had then and the fallout would have toasted all of us. We're downwind from Asia. Say hello to babies with two heads and no legs.

Not a problem; mutation and natural selection will take care of it. We'll evolve to suit the environment like always. Your mama will love ya with two heads or none at all.
0 Replies