layman

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2020 11:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

some impartial verifiabledocumentation?.

John Solomon has received a number of prestigious awards for investigative journalism and writes for a left-wing rag, The Hill.

John Solomon wrote:

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

In a statement to The Hill, Bloom acknowledged she engaged in discussions to secure donations for women who made or considered making accusations against Trump before last year’s election.

http://archive.is/bnORE#selection-1513.0-1589.34

Lisa Bloom is the daughter of that skank, Gloria Allred, who also represented woman making allegations against Trump, only to have to dismiss her lawsuits after sufficient discovery had been conducted.
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 12:37 am
@layman,
That Solomon article is quite long, and I just quoted the first few paragraphs. Here's a little more:

Quote:
One Bloom client who received financial help from Bloom was New York City makeup artist Jill Harth.

Bloom arranged for a donor to make a larger contribution to help Harth pay off the mortgage on her Queens apartment in New York City. The amount was under $30,000, according to a source directly familiar with Harth’s situation. Public records show Harth’s mortgage was recorded as extinguished on Dec. 19, 2016.

The Hill does not identify the names of victims of sexual assault or harassment unless they go public on their own, like Harth. But one woman who did not go public with allegations agreed to share her documents and talk to The Hill about her interactions with Bloom if The Hill honored its commitment to maintain her anonymity.

That woman, Harth’s friend, went back and forth for weeks with Bloom in 2016 about going public with an allegation of an unsolicited advance by Trump on the 1990s beauty contest circuit.

When Bloom found out the woman was still a supporter of Trump and associated with lawyers, friends and associates of the future president, she texted a request that jarred the woman. “When you have a chance I suggest you delete the August 2015 Facebook post about supporting Trump,” Bloom texted.

The woman said that when she initially talked to Bloom she simply wanted to support Harth and had no interest in being portrayed as an accuser or receiving money. But when Bloom’s mention of potential compensation became more frequent, the woman said she tried to draw out the lawyer to see how high the offer might reach and who might be behind the money.

By early November, the woman said, Bloom’s offers of money from donors had grown to $50,000 to be paid personally to her, and then even higher. The figured jumped to $200,000 in a series of phone calls with Bloom that week, according to the woman. The support was promised to be tax-free.

The woman told The Hill in an interview that at the hotel encounter, Bloom increased the offer of donations to $750,000 but still she declined to take the money.

Bloom declined to identify the name of any donors who would have provided money for women making accusations against Trump. Harth and the woman who decided not to go public said they never were given any names of donors.

“Give us a clear sense of what you need and we will see if it we can get it,” Bloom texted the woman a week before Election Day.

I don’t like taking other people’s money,” the woman wrote to Bloom.
“Ok let’s not do this then,” Bloom responded. “We are just about out of time anyway.”

The woman then texted back demanding to know why there was a deadline. “What does time have to do with this? Time to bury Trump??? You want my story to bury trump for what? Personal gain?

The woman said that no one associated with the Trump White House or the president forced her to come forward or made any offers to induce her to talk to The Hill. She said she agreed to do so only after she became disgusted to learn this past October that Bloom had agreed to work in defense of Weinstein.

“I couldn’t understand how she could say she was for people like me and then represent someone like him. And then all the money stuff I knew about. I just became frustrated,” she said.
blatham

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:01 am
Fauci Refuses to Say When It Would Be Safe to Reopen Trump’s Mouth
By Andy Borowitz
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:02 am
Nixon's crew busting into a single DNC office pales in comparison, eh?

John Solomon wrote:
Never before in history, until 2016, had the apparatus of the U.S. presidential candidate managed to sic the full weight of the FBI and the intelligence community on his or her rival nominee by using a foreign-fed uncorroborated political opposition research document.

Of course 9 out of 10 cheese-eaters will still insist that there is absolute proof that Trump is a russian agent.
Lash

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:18 am
One more rare voice, not bought or suppressed yet.
Brought to you by Sanctuary for Independent Media
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:21 am
@layman,
In one of his early congressional campaigns LBJ told his campaign manager to start spreading the word that his opponent was fond of ******* farm animals.

His manager said: "C'mon, Lyndon, you know that's not true.

LBJ responded: "Yeah, but lets make the sunofabitch deny it."
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:54 am
@layman,
bullshit
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 08:03 am
@coldjoint,
corrupt attempt to influence an election by gagging a true account of his misbehavior. I think it came down to failure to report a rather substantial campaign contribution, which was illegal, so you're wrong.
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 08:55 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

corrupt attempt to influence an election by gagging a true account of his misbehavior. I think it came down to failure to report a rather substantial campaign contribution, which was illegal, so you're wrong.

Wrong, yet again. Campaign finance laws only pertain to expenditures of campaign contributions, not what you spend personally. If Trump wanted to pay some whore 10,000 a night, from his own pocket, that would have nothing to do with "campaign finance."

Speaking of that fool bimbo, Stormy Daniels, whose business is getting fucked, she succeeded bigtime. She was fucked hard by Avenatti, and then taken to the cleaners by Trump when she was ordered to pay his legal fees. She also had to return the $130,000 she got because her greedy ass repudiated the agreement.

0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 08:58 am
Authoritarian rule may be just around the corner.
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:12 am
@revelette3,

Turmp is the second coming of Hitler and he's out to enslave the whole world, I tells ya!

Repent! The end is near!
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:16 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

One more rare voice, not bought or suppressed yet.
Brought to you by Sanctuary for Independent Media

That was a somewhat interesting talk, although I have to admit I didn't hear it all because I fell asleep for 20-30 minutes while listening to it.

He has a point. Debate is no longer about the accepted facts. The debate is now about what the "facts" are and this is selectively and subjectively determined.
'
If the facts don't favor your argument, you just call them lies. Purty simple, actually.

The less introspective and objective you are, the less inclination you have for critical analysis, the more convinced you are that you're absolutely right.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:23 am
@layman,
He could be the anti-Christ, sure enough.

PS, I don't believe in the rapture and all that nonsense.
layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:32 am
@revelette3,
Who says democracy is such a great thing anyway?

Winston Churchill wrote:
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:36 am
@layman,
H. L. Mencken wrote:
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:42 am
@layman,
I notice that my post about John Solomon's reporting on the dems purchase of sexual assault charges from women got a lot of downvotes, but not a single word in response, eh?

Figures, sho nuff.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:45 am
@layman,
particularly when the 'average voter" is one of the 44% of voters who are trump supporters. Mencken was a notable curmudgeon. Churchill was a great wartime leader, but pretty much out of step with peace.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:50 am
@layman,
bogus.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:53 am
@layman,
Watch the PBS series on the rise of dictators over the last century and the things all their rises have in common with each other. Look at trump. the parallels are uncanny and disturbing.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:55 am
Neitzsche wrote:
Faith does not move mountains. To the contrary, it erects them where there are none.

And he wasn't just talking religious faith, neither, cheese-eaters:

Neitzsche wrote:
Convictions are greater enemies of truth than lies.
0 Replies