layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:03 pm
@layman,
Time after time, after time, the benevolent U.S. government would establish reservations for Injuns were they could be well-fed, clothed, housed, and even given free education.

Did they appreciate this largess? Hell, no! Groups of them were constantly busting out of the reservation and heading into the hills. There they would organize raiding crews whose sole purpose was to rape, pillage, murder, and generally terrorize good, innocent, hard working folk everywhere.

You just can't negotiate with the likes of Bin Ladin, eh?

This revisionist "historian" complains that Injuns weren't given the right to vote. Damn straight! We don't let felons or Mexicans vote in our elections either. That would be suicide.

Just imagine where we would be now if we gave voting rights to a majority intent on destroying us, eh?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:11 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Bernie said he’s going to keep his delegates and keep collecting delegates.

Can someone explain what good will come of that?

Serious question.

I just heard that too.

Is he....encouraging people to go out and vote during a pandemic for no reason whatsoever??

Can’t wait to hear Brand X’s take on this...
layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 05:15 pm
@maporsche,
Burnie knows he can't get more delegates than Biden, but that doesn't mean that Biden will win the nomination outright.

If Biden doesn't get the required amount, there will be a brokered convention. Burnie wants to be the broker, eh?

He's therefore staying on the ballot in every primary in every state. Makes perfect sense, eh?

He just aint gunna throw any more of his precious campaign funds into it. He has a family to feed, after all.

Good old Max Stirner saw the Burnie types coming over a century and a half ago. All things are nothing to me!

https://able2know.org/topic/468987-899#post-6985008
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:14 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
“It's outrageous that the Republican legislative leaders and the conservative majority on the Supreme Court in Wisconsin are willing to risk the health and safety of many thousands of Wisconsin voters tomorrow for their own political gain,” said Sen. Bernie Sanders in a statement.

“Let's be clear: holding this election amid the coronavirus outbreak is dangerous, disregards the guidance of public health experts, and may very well prove deadly.”

Presidential candidate Joe Biden did not call on the state to delay the election; a request for comment from the Biden campaign wasn’t returned.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/holding-wisconsin-primary-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-may-prove-deadly-bernie-sanders-201706965.html

But after Tuesdays vote Biden said this.

Quote:
Joe Biden has shifted his stance on whether Wisconsin should have plowed ahead with its primary.

“My gut is we shouldn’t have had the in-person election in the first place," the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee told CNN late Tuesday. "It should have been all mail-in ballots."

Biden, the former two-term vice president and 36-year Delaware senator, was criticized before Democrats in Wisconsin went to the polls Tuesday for equivocating on whether the primary should be held, as well as the state's other spring general elections, including for a state Supreme Court seat.

Biden, 77, repeatedly said the decision should be left to local lawmakers and public health officials. In contrast, Bernie Sanders, Biden's last remaining rival to become his party's standard-bearer, was vocal in his opinion that the contests should be delayed, early voting extended, and greater provisions made for residents to vote-by-mail.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-changes-tune-on-whether-wisconsin-primary-should-have-taken-place
snood

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:17 pm
@Brand X,
Did you notice someone was wondering what your opinion is about Bernie continuing to collect delegates while ‘dropped-out’?
Brand X

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:32 pm
@snood,
I said a long time ago that Bernie should drop out and move on, his supporters too.

He has a fixation that I don't think is necessary just for him to continue to keep working in his arena of ideas, which is all it amounts to.

maporsche

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:42 pm
@Brand X,
This doesn’t tell me anything except that Bernie’s statements about Wisconsin postponing its primaries AND his new “plan” of having people still vote for him because “FUN!!” during a pandemic don’t seem to make any sense to me.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:44 pm
@Brand X,
Oh, but nothing about him basically telling people to vote for him during a pandemic for literally no reason.

That critique and the leaps one has to take to get there, appears to be reserved for Joe Biden.
layman

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 11:36 pm
Not another nickle to the WHO from us, eh? That saves $122 million. That's what they deserve being china's flunky, eh?

Quote:
Graham backs Trump, vows no money for WHO in next funding bill

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday pledged to cut funding for the World Health Organization (WHO) in Congress's next appropriations bill unless it makes changes to its leadership.

Graham said during an appearance on Fox News that he would use his position as chairman of the Senate Appropriations subcommittee overseeing foreign operations to ensure the WHO did not get funding from the U.S.

"I’m not going to support funding the WHO under its current leadership," Graham said. "They’ve been deceptive, they’ve been slow, and they’ve been Chinese apologists. I don’t think they’re a good investment under the current leadership for the United States, and until they change their behavior and get new leadership, I think it’s in America’s best interest to withhold funding because they have failed miserably when it comes to the coronavirus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/491695-grahams-backs-trump-says-theres-going-to-be-no-money-for-who-in-next
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:14 am
@Brand X,
Biden is not very bright. He's still better than Trump by a lightyear or two.
Brand X

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 05:20 am
@Olivier5,
Agreed.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 05:25 am
@maporsche,
Bernie isn't disappointing me because I don't care about him, that is the difference regarding my comments on Biden. Holding someone you're going to support to a higher standard isn't slamming them.
maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 07:51 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Bernie isn't disappointing me because I don't care about him, that is the difference regarding my comments on Biden. Holding someone you're going to support to a higher standard isn't slamming them.

Just remember that when Bernie tweets something about how people should consider voting for him in the upcoming primaries that he is irresponsibly choosing to stay involved in...
Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 07:54 am
@maporsche,
I would say that Sanders' is also encouraging the "Bernie or bust" crowd, too.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:11 am
Actually, I think I can understand it. If I was a 77 year old politician who had labored in virtual anonymity (except in Vermont) for almost a half century, then I became a celebrated media darling treated like a rock star, I’m sure it might affect my decision making. Especially when it became time to give that center stage up. Bernie’s clinging to glory like a heavyweight champ who’s not going to win any more titles. That limelight, from what I’ve heard, is intoxicating and addictive. If it had no effect on Bernie, that would make him something other than just a human. And news flash - he’s just a human.
Lash

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:39 am
Bernie Sanders suspended his campaign because it was obvious that neither the GOP, nor Joe Biden gave a **** about the lives of the public and would continue to hustle them to polls during a deadly pandemic. Sanders didn't want to be a reason for more death.

Which is just one more piece of evidence that he always put the people of this country first.
Lash

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:42 am
Progressives should still consider voting for Bernie Sanders to give him a little leverage to trry to get Biden to adopt some planks that might save American lives, but in my opinion, Biden will keep his promise to Wall Street and billionaires reported months ago: Don't worry, nothing will change for you.

Meaning nothing will change for anyone else.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:44 am
@snood,
Bernie is STILL taking online contributions for his failed campaign on his website.

This man can maybe soon add 'grifter' to his resume.
Lash

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 08:46 am
A lot of people are still strengthening Our Revolution. Just a lot of money (a LOTTA money) and votes, looking for a new direction.

Our Revolution is still up and kicking.
layman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:04 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Bernie is STILL taking online contributions for his failed campaign on his website.

It's all gravy now, because he's not spending any of it. Well, I mean, he'll still pay his wife $100,00 to be his campaign manager, sure, but no more staff, no more ads, etc. After already ripping off tens of millions in campaign funds, he aint gunna quit now. After this "campaign" is over, he may buy a couple of more mansions. Or maybe do some insider trading on Wall St., ya know?
0 Replies