layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 09:52 am
@layman,
Too late to edit that post, so I'll do it here"

Should read "... political power gave her to become filthy rich by selling her sorry ass to any "capitalist" who came along.

Same deal with Obama, who was a devout Marxist for years.

Like all commie "leaders" they're really just in the racket for the power and wealth they hope to garner from "the revolution." "Principles" are just slop to feed to the ignorant pigs who believe in their purity.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 09:55 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I think the real issue is that you don't like the fact that someone has the time to keep up with, and refute the daily spewage you and several others here make every day.

Um, you'd be wrong. We just don't care for the shtick, which manages to come across, in its cloying vulgarity and sheer volume, as a perfect example of some of the daily spewage we have to read here every day.

I think the real issue is that right-wingers, generally an ill-tuned chorus of perpetual crybabies and sore-asses anyway, have nothing better to do online than engage with people they don't respect and endlessly repeat the same stupid arguments with people they dislike or hate, day in day out, year after year.
Quote:
Page after page of the same ****.

Unbidden, you keep returning to the sickening trough, though. "Page after page?" — why eat any of it?

Just scrolling by and came on this one - a striking example of something I have repeatedly observed coming from Blatham, Hightor and other like posters here.

It is a remarkable and stunning example of the projection of their own preconceptions, refusals to consider alternatives, and narrow-minded prejudices directed at an imagined "vast right wing conspiracy" on those here, who even question their pronouncements, or who have the temerity to disagree with or lightheartedly mock their usually inflated and self-important pronouncements on current political affairs. That, combined with what appears to be an increasingly doctrinaire rejection of disagreement in any form or of any degree as necessarily emanating from the presumed bad intent of necessarily bad folks on "the right" - has become increasingly tiresome to me.

It appears they well understand the perceptual, psychological and reasoning disorders of which they so frequently accuse others here, but at the same time fail to recognize that they themselves increasingly appear to be the chief victims of these disorders. These may be side effects of a long-continued and increasingly emotional political opposition which has cost some the ability to see merit in opposing views and defects in those they favor - dangerous habits for any reasoning person.

I have been disheartened to note the disappearance of the sometimes delicious irony that once attended blatham's posts here. It's gone and has been replaced with increasingly venomous, anger and intolerance. In a similar vein I am disheartened to see hightor's once rational willingness to consider alternate viewpoints, and see the virtues and defects of both sides in ongoing disputes, increasingly replaced with one-sided and narrow judgements of the, necessarily well intentioned "left" and an equally evil intended "right".

What is behind all this ?

I suspect it might be a result of the adverse side effects of their growing need to whistle energetically in the dark as we approach the coming election, and as the prospect of their hoped for triumph and vindication fades from view.

These are turbulent and uncertain times, and almost anything could happen to distort the best of current projections. That said, the prospect of a Biden election appears to be VERY dim at best.

The growing public perception that Democrats have ignored their political responsibilities and dedicated the last three years to increasingly hate-filled and sometimes illegal efforts to unseat Trump, all of which have failed, and that, now, in the midst of a very serious external threat that no one saw coming, they are continuing this mindless, reflexive opposition even to clearly well intended efforts to deal with the public danger it represents, will not go unnoticed by the American people. Evidence of this is mounting.

The so-called First Law of Holes is, "When you're in one, stop digging."
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:01 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The so-called First Law of Holes is, "When you're in one, stop digging."

Heh, great post, George. They aint never gunna quit digging, though, I figure. It's like an innate trait of lefties, ya know?

One thing I disagree with, to wit: Despite his attempts to deceive, Hi never really had any semblance of objectivity. He had me fooled too, briefly. But then I noticed that his superficial facade of rationality was quickly superseded, sometimes in his very next post, by some shrill, extremely partisan hysteria.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:06 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
What is behind all this ?

What's "behind all this" is the behavior of your president, his enablers, and his defenders on this site.
Quote:
That said, the prospect of a Biden election appears to be VERY dim at best.

Keep telling yourself that.
Quote:
Evidence of this is mounting.

The only mounting evidence is of the president's unique form of incompetence and the inadequacy of his administration.

(By the way, criticism of a poseur's rhetorical style is independent of political affiliation.)
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:10 am
@hightor,
Quote:
What's "behind all this" is the behavior of your president, his enablers, and his defenders on this site.

The clinical diagnosis of this: TDS.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:11 am
@hightor,
Perhaps I should thank you for so well illustrating my central point.
Lash

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:14 am
I finally got around to watching Joe Rogan’s Podcast with Kyle Kulinsky. Well worth the time.
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:25 am
@Lash,
Personally I aint got no clue who Kyle Kulinsky is. I would guess he's some avid supporter of commie-ass Burnie.

I aint really knowwin Rogan, either, other than that he is a Burnie supporter who's gunna vote for Trump over Biden.

But, then again, who wouldn't, I ask ya?
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:36 am
@layman,
Trump has his share of flaws, sure, but he has convinced me that he is one of the few politicians (of which he really aint one) who actually put the interests of America, and it's populace, first and foremost.

Unlike any of the prominent devious and duplicitous frauds who have come down the Dem pike in recent memory, eh?
georgeob1

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:44 am
@layman,
Good point. In another context it could be said ,"he runs to the sound of the guns", seeking to directly engage the issues at hand. I believe he could benefit from increased self-restraint in many areas, but remains a refreshing alternative to the smooth-talking procrastinators and evaders of evident issues that preceded him.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:45 am
@georgeob1,
You're welcome. And thank you for illustrating mine.
hightor

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:46 am
@layman,
Quote:
Trump has his share of flaws...

And what might those be?
georgeob1

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:46 am
@hightor,
A little lame. that.
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:47 am
@layman,
Quote:
He became one of the leading gurus of the New Left, the angry and at times violent Sixties radicals who were in many ways the progenitors of the current “progressive” power elite. Prominent New Leftists associated with Marcuse included the radical academic Angela Davis, and Michael Lerner, a former SDS member...

And them aint even the half of it, eh?

Quote:
Many radical scholars and activists were influenced by Marcuse, such as Norman O. Brown,[18] Angela Davis,[19] Charles J. Moore, Abbie Hoffman, Rudi Dutschke, and Robert M. Young. (See the List of Scholars and Activists link, below.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Marcuse
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:50 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Trump has his share of flaws...

And what might those be?

Well his most serious flaw might be that he somewhat restrains himself when criticizing cheese-eaters, know what I'm sayin?
hightor

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:55 am
@georgeob1,
Well what else is there to say? We disagree about the fitness of this president for the office he holds and assess his response to this crisis differently.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:58 am
@layman,
Quote:
Well his most serious flaw might be that he somewhat restrains himself when criticizing cheese-eaters...

For obvious reasons, chump!
https://i.imgur.com/ZOjxGMW.jpg
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 11:02 am
Bernadette Dorhn, who, together with her like-mindeed terrorist hubby, Billy Ayers, are close friends of Obama, had a few "insightful" (or is it inciteful?) observations about Charlie Manson back in the day, eh?:

Quote:
Dohrn was criticized for comments she made about the murders of actress Sharon Tate and retail store owners Leno and Rosemary LaBianca by the Charles Manson clan. In a speech during the December 1969 "War Council" meeting organized by the Weathermen, attended by about 400 people in Flint, Michigan, Dohrn said, "Dig it! First they killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them, then they even shoved a fork into the pig Tate's stomach! Wild!"[18][19][20] In greeting each other, delegates to the war council often spread their fingers to signify the fork

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardine_Dohrn#Controversial_statements_about_Tate-LaBianca_murders

What's that tell ya about the true motivations and agenda of the lefties, eh?
layman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 11:14 am
@layman,
Not surprisingly, Dohrn, like her idol, Karl Marx, had a wealthy jewish pappy (who she no doubted hated) who rejected his surname so that it wouldn't sound so jewish, eh?

Quote:
Bernardine Dohrn was born Bernardine Ohrnstein in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 1942, and grew up in Whitefish Bay, an upper-middle-class suburb of Milwaukee.[2] Her father, Bernard, changed the family surname to Dohrn when Bernardine was in high school.

A mere coincidence, ya might ask?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 11:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
It's always interesting to know what someone means when using the term "proletariat".
No kidding!
0 Replies