nimh

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 12:29 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
But if the implication is some absence of principle or integrity, I wouldn't accept that reading. If she wishes to represent citizens, perhaps even particularly her fan base, and go forward as a relevant voice and political presence, this is the right thing to do.

Not entirely sure what you mean with that first sentence, but yes, I was very happy to see her post these tweets, which conveyed a much-needed message to those Bernie supporters who have been doing, well, the opposite.

I feel she gets it -- building a radical movement is still possible, and she is pointing the way how (and how to avoid the mistakes of the Bernie campaign). I hope she goes far.

Pressley is still my favourite Squad congress member though Embarrassed
georgeob1

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 12:55 pm
@hightor,
We agree about the history of Biden's gaffes and awkward expressions. They are indeed of long standing. However they have remained the same. while the rest of Biden's visible mental acuity and energy has degraded significantly over the past decade.

That is indeed relevant to his ability to deal with a very demanding responsibility.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:00 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
I hope she goes far.

Pressley is still my favourite Squad congress member though

I guess that sums up your opinion of our country that you apparently want destroyed.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:04 pm
@georgeob1,
So have mine. Drunk

But I don't have a support staff, handlers, advisors, and friends in high places.
Lash

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:06 pm
Biden’s cognitive decline has advanced dramatically. Even in the past month. It’s like he “stopped taking his medicine” or something.

Right now, Trump’s public persona is an improvement on Joe’s.
Real Music

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:13 pm
@Lash,

1. Why has the independent Bernie Sanders consciously chose to caucus with the democrats in the United States Senate?

2. Why has the independent Bernie Sanders chose not to caucus with the republicans in the United States Senate?
snood

@georgeob1,
How is Trump holding up against his demanding responsibilities, in your estimation?
0 Replies

layman

Quote:
Poor people not allowed in AOC's luxury apartment complex

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., recently moved into a luxury apartment complex in Washington, D.C. that does not offer the affordable housing units that were a key plank in the New York congresswoman’s campaign platform.

Ocasio-Cortez, commonly referred to as "AOC," repeatedly criticized luxury real estate developers during her campaign, claiming that their buildings hiked up rent prices and pushed low-income residents out of their neighborhoods.

Ocasio-Cortez also promised not to take campaign contributions from luxury developers during her campaign. “It’s time we stand up to the luxury developer lobby,” she said in a speech last April. “Every official is too scared to do it - except me."

We need to kick luxury real estate lobbyists to the curb and defend working people’s way of life,” Ocasio-Cortez said last March.

Her new apartment complex — which boasts on its website that it vows to take "luxury apartment living" to a higher level — offers over 100,000 square feet of amenities for its residents.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/poor-people-not-allowed-in-aocs-luxury-apartment-complex

Turns out, the poor folk are the one's sitting out on the curb while she, with her new-found wealth, is ensconced in a $5,000/month complex which keeps them there, eh? As it should be, I guess. She aint one of them low-lifes no more.
Lash

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:14 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:

1. Why has the independent Bernie Sanders consciously chose to caucus with the democrats in the United States Senate?

2. Why has the independent Bernie Sanders chose not to caucus with the republicans in the United States Senate?
hightor

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:25 pm
@layman,
That's just devastating to hear.

But as a poor person myself I don't allow rich people in my hovel.
snood

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:29 pm
@hightor,
That is devastating. Anybody who advocates for the poor should live in squalor, just to set the proper example...er, or something.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:31 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
But as a poor person myself I don't allow rich people in my hovel.

Shouldn't you be prioritizing? The internet is expensive or do you get assistance from your IP service or help from the government?
hightor

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:36 pm
@coldjoint,
I make my income from paid online surveys and as an insultant so I gotta have access. I'm mooching off a neighbor's wifi.
hightor

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:37 pm
@Lash,
Best response from this poster I've seen all day.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:42 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I'm mooching off a neighbor's wifi.

A true progressive.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:50 pm
@Lash,

Do you Lash, think Bernie Sanders sees no difference between the democrats and republicans?
Lash

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:54 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:

Do you Real Bad Music, think Bernie Sanders sees no difference between the democrats and republicans? WELL? Well?? Do ya???
georgeob1

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 01:56 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

So have mine. Drunk

But I don't have a support staff, handlers, advisors, and friends in high places.

True but Biden has all of that and his infirmities remain very evident despite that.
Real Music

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 02:17 pm
@Lash,
My answer to your question is:

1. I think Bernie Sanders sees a big difference between the democrats and the republicans?

2. I believe Bernie Sanders caucuses with the democrats because he agrees with the democrats more than he disagrees with democrats.

3. I believe Bernie Sanders chooses not to caucus with the republicans because he strongly opposes the republican party and the views of the republican party.

Now that you got my answer, Lash.

Now it's your turn to answer.

Unless you don't want to answer, Lash.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 02:20 pm
@Real Music,
Well RM, I guess that weak-ass dodge is the only way she can answer that question. She’d probably say something like “because you don’t deserve an answer”, or “it’s not worth my time”, but why do you think she really doesn’t want to answer the simple question of why Bernie the good picked the Democrats and not the GOP?