blatham

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 05:28 pm
@maporsche,
I can forgive that comment. During a primary fight, rhetoric is in a different category than after the nomination is settled and she's shifting in the right way. Others aren't, at least not yet. I can even go so far as to excuse those who say, "I won't vote for [nominated cadidate)" so long as they 1) vote Dem down ticket and keep working for Dem victories and 2) they voice it once then shut the **** up. I think that's stupid but it's their call.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:17 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Disneyland is still open. We're going to find out real soon just how greedy that corporation is - if we didn't already know.
closes Saturday
layman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:23 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Your statement struck me as "pointed" — which is a characteristic, and endearing, element of your online rhetorical style. It's certainly possible that the venomous persona you often adopt is meant to be ironic or contrarian, and if such is the case I've woefully underestimated you.

Lash is a sweet little thang, not lookin for no trouble. That said, she don't suffer fools gladly.

Lash has several characteristics which are actually rather rare here, especially in combination:

1. She is honest.
2. She is sincere
3. She is courageous
4. She has both an iconoclastic and a humorous streak
5. Also, she's kinda HOT, ya know!?

Don't go dissin no Lash, now, hear?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:25 pm
Quote:
It’s finally official: Sen. Bernie Sandershas won the California primary,guaranteeing him an influx of delegates and momentum as he tries to stave off gains by former Vice President Joe Biden.

While this victory was expected, it’s taken on greater importance for Sanders, enabling him to claim a major Super Tuesday success after Biden swept the lion’s share of states in the past two weeks. Of the 14 states that voted on Super Tuesday, Sanders won only four. And in the week that followed, he’s picked up just one so far.

As such, this California victory is significant. The state has a whopping 415 pledged delegates, and gains there are likely to bring the two frontrunners closer to one another, even as Biden continues to build on his lead.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/3/12/21156258/california-primary-winner-bernie-sanders

maporsche

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:36 pm
@blatham,
It was reported that she just said the only reason Biden won over Bernie in Michigan was because of voter suppression.

I just read a headline, but if she said that...she’s on my **** list again.

Edit: she said it on Fox News it turns out. Perfect AOC. Perfect.
layman

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:38 pm
Quote:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., strongly implied Thursday in her first sit-down interview with Fox News that Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., lost this week's Michigan primary because of voter suppression. "I think one thing that isn't being talked about is the rampant voter suppression in this country," Ocasio-Cortez said

Well, there ya have it, then, eh?

"rampant voter suppression." Purty obvious, aint it?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:38 pm
@Olivier5,
That sounds a lot like wishful thinking rather than any analysis of the state of things.

Sanders gave a California victory speech 10 days ago. Doesn’t seem like there will be much of a bump now.
Lash

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:39 pm
Anyone trying to avoid the truth about Democrat-sponsored voter suppression is a dumb ass hillbilly.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 06:45 pm
@Lash,
Anyone who promotes the Bullshit That Democrats rig the vote is a hillbilly pregnant with she's not sure which family member's baby.
hightor

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 07:10 pm
@layman,
Hey, I give all the people online the benefit of the doubt and read their stuff as being sort of tongue-in-cheek, you know, like they're taking on a particular character and responding in that voice consistently — schtick. So if I don't like what they're saying I just figure that they're either joking, helping me refine and solidify concepts, or trying out some sort of thought experiment. How can you get angry with people like that?
nimh

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 07:27 pm
@blatham,
These tweets of hers were also... timely.

https://i.imgur.com/opyvVyq.png
snood

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 08:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Anyone who promotes the Bullshit That Democrats rig the vote is a hillbilly pregnant with she's not sure which family member's baby.

Bwahahahaaaaa <gasp sputter wheeze snort>aaaahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 08:22 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Hey, I give all the people online the benefit of the doubt and read their stuff as being sort of tongue-in-cheek, you know, like they're taking on a particular character and responding in that voice consistently — schtick. So if I don't like what they're saying I just figure that they're either joking, helping me refine and solidify concepts, or trying out some sort of thought experiment. How can you get angry with people like that?

Nothing wrong with that. With two exceptions. One, you’re disingenuous about giving the benefit of a doubt and are just attempting another layer of oh-so-clever one-upping. Two, you’re genuinely giving that benefit to someone who is just as nasty and nihilistic as they seem.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
[Disneyland] closes Saturday

Yes. Saw that. Disneyworld as well. For this month but surely it will be longer. Good for them. But would have been hugely stupid, PR wise, if they hadn't.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:14 pm
@maporsche,
She just wrote a tweet clarifying that this report was a falsification. I'll try and find it for you a bit later.
blatham

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:24 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
These tweets of hers were also... timely.

Well, hello. Indeed they were... timely. But if the implication is some absence of principle or integrity, I wouldn't accept that reading. If she wishes to represent citizens, perhaps even particularly her fan base, and go forward as a relevant voice and political presence, this is the right thing to do. Coalition-building will necessarily mean compromise. Not a bad thing, don't you think?
snood

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:32 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

She just wrote a tweet clarifying that this report was a falsification. I'll try and find it for you a bit later.

I follow her on Twitter. I saw her explain that she went on Fox to set the record straight about where we are as a nation with the coronavirus. I haven’t seen her talking about the unflattering reports about what she said.

I have problems with her appearing on Fox after taking such bold public stands against that particular outlet and the folks who run it.

But I will have a bigger problem with it if it ends up being true that she attributed Biden’s win to voter suppression.
blatham

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:34 pm
@snood,
Yes, I saw that tweet (from prior to her appearance as a heads up) but there was a tweet in response to a Mediaite story on her Fox visit as well.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:44 pm
This tweet...
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 1h
Sleepy Joe Biden was in charge of the H1N1 Swine Flu epidemic which killed thousands of people. The response was one of the worst on record. Our response is one of the best, with fast action of border closings & a 78% Approval Rating, the highest on record. His was lowest!

...gains this response
Quote:
Ronald Klain
@RonaldKlain
48m
Facts: The Obama administration tested 1 million people for H1N1 in the first month after the first US diagnosed case.

The first US #coronavirus case was 50+ days ago. And we haven't event tested 10,000 people yet.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:45 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
But I will have a bigger problem with it if it ends up being true that she attributed Biden's win to voter suppression.

The Democrats do have a long and ugly history of disenfranchising people. Look at what Barack Obama did in 2008.
0 Replies