blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 09:35 pm
Another indicator tonight reflecting a week ago that can't be ignored... Dems need the black vote to arrive at the polls and Biden is way ahead of Bernie in this demographic. That's critical.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:02 pm
@blatham,
We need to pay close attention to who is running for the house and senate and make sure the more liberal people are elected. We have too many consertives in government.
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:04 pm
@RABEL222,
Yes - with the caveat that other factors (intelligence, competence, work ethic, etc) are factored in.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:06 pm
Quote:
The New York Times
@nytimes
22m
Joe Biden won many areas in Michigan on Tuesday that Bernie Sanders carried easily against Hillary Clinton in 2016. One reason for the change: White men who declined to vote for Clinton flocked to Biden this year.

My gender is stupid.
maporsche

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:07 pm
Despite my personal preferences, I feel sorry for the Sanders supporters who are in pain and disappointed, I think we’ve all been there at some point.

It is difficult to accept loss and even more difficult to understand, and accept, why sometimes.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:09 pm
@blatham,
I think the “what misogyny?” line of thinking has been thoroughly debunked by now.
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:18 pm
I don't think pressure should be put on Sanders to quit at this point. Let him arrive at that decision himself. And let his supporters continue what they do - minus the slimy crap, that can be and should be indicted immediately. We're in this together, after all.
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:21 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I think the “what misogyny?” line of thinking has been thoroughly debunked by now.
God damn, you'd hope so.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:28 pm
Quote:
Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
28m
I hope people in the Sanders world and really whole progressive wing gets that Biden is really the ultimate pushable party leader or president. Thoroughly non ideological. Will be where the consensus of the party is wherever that is. So move the consensus of the party.

I think this is pretty close to the truth. Josh's last sentence is key.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:34 pm
Definite winner of the year's No ****, Sherlock! award.

Michael Moore on MSNBC tonight:
Quote:
"Getting rid of Trump and the system at the same time is probably too much to ask"

Well, yeah.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:43 pm
@blatham,
One problem with Michael Moore is how desperately he is trying to remain front of the line relevant.

He was mildly interesting and informative for a time. These days (as in the last several years) he is mostly just an annoying dipshit!

Hopefully Trump goes down big time and Mikey follows him around making his next lackluster docudrama. Maybe he should start now and drive Trump utterly insane!
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:46 pm
There are a lot (a LOT) of scumbags in the GOP but this guy rates very high on the scumbag meter
Quote:
Ari Fleischer
@AriFleischer
· Feb 4
Bye-bye Biden. He’s not coming back from this. SC won’t rescue him. His candidacy had been like a paper draw. It’s dissolving before our eyes. https://twitter.com/merica/status/1224819734014779392
layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:53 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

And now, given the cadre of smart, dedicated people who are moving into the system (like AOC), they will be. And all of us who respond to these goals and agree with the thrust of them, will need to continue pushing the Dems to move further in this direction.

Once again proving that the Democrats didn't learn a damn thing from the 2016 shellacking. AOC? Smart? Heh.

The cheese-eaters just cannot even contemplate the possibly that their extremist ideology is not universally accepted.
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:55 pm
Such a smart lady
Quote:
Julio Ricardo Varela
@julito77
· 2h
.@AOC says that the "number 1 enemy" of the movement "is cynicism."

Whoever replaces Trump would be very very foolish not to elevate this person high and do it immediately. She's smart, disciplined, she works and studies diligently, she learns quickly and she's a tiger.
layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:55 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Another indicator tonight reflecting a week ago that can't be ignored... Dems need the black vote to arrive at the polls and Biden is way ahead of Bernie in this demographic. That's critical.

What's critical is this: The mathematicians say that Trump only needs 12% of the black vote to win re-election. Virtually every poll has him at that level or higher. As much as 35% in some polls.

Joey may suck in more black voters than Burnie, but that's irrelevant with regard to the general election.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 11:19 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Progressive doesn't happen without progress.

Taking away choices and rights is regressive, not progressive. Let them know.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 11:51 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Whoever replaces Trump would be very very foolish not to elevate this person high and do it immediately. She's smart, disciplined, she works and studies diligently, she learns quickly and she's a tiger.

LOL! NOT!

https://cdn.creators.com/210/245332/245332_image.jpg

AOC thinks that gangs of black teenagers are tragic victims when they murder college girls:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tessa_Majors
https://www.pix11.com/news/local-news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-tessa-majors-murder-case-is-a-tragedy-on-multiple-levels
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-aoc-tessa-majors-20200222-s7gurefgsre4nbj2om27nzzjua-story.html

Besides, when Mr. Trump leaves the White House in 2025, he'll almost certainly be replaced by a Republican.
layman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Besides, when Mr. Trump leaves the White House in 2025, he'll almost certainly be replaced by a Republican.

He'll be succeeded by Donny Trump, Jr. It' gunna be a regular dynasty, I tells ya! Ivanka will be next, as the first female president.

Then Junior will be Atty Gen. a la JFK and RFK. Senior, if still alive, will be appointed as Sec. of the Treasury, where he can steal billions from taxpayers just before he kicks the bucket and leaves it all to his wife and kids. Her husband, Jarrod, Melania, Barron and the other sibling (forgot her name) will also be cabinet members.

Anyone who complains will be prosecuted as a "misogynist."
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 01:23 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
annoying dipshit

Michael Moore is one the smartest political minds in America. You'd see it if you had a clue.
layman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 01:44 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Michael Moore is one the smartest political minds in America. You'd see it if you had a clue.

Chris Hitchins was much smarter. Here's what he had to say about Moore and his "documentary":

Quote:
To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of “dissenting” bravery.

I never quite know whether Moore is as ignorant as he looks, or even if that would be humanly possible.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2004/06/the-lies-of-michael-moore.html

Maybe it's all due to eating massive quantities of cheese-burgers, eh?
0 Replies