blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:09 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
what I’ll do if Bernie isn’t the nominee.
What is that?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:14 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
A) he is not anywhere close to being right.
(not even in the same solar system)

He is protecting your right to say that and your right to defend yourself. Obama sought to take those rights away. That alone makes him a piece of ****.
layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:20 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Mar 9
The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt Administration in the history of our Country!

Obama was trained in Chicago, where there is no other way to do it. Politics is corruption, and corruption is politics there.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
...that alone makes him...

You mean Trump, right?

As for freedom of speech, the right has been whittling away at it for decades. Occasionally with the blessings of the Dems.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
As for freedom of speech, the right has been whittling away at it for decades.

You are really out of touch. The Left censors people. They have violent demonstrations just to keep people from speaking. Remember it was POS Obama that spied on reporters.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:44 pm
Hunter Biden Seeks to avoid deposition until after Election Day

Quote:
Hunter Biden's attorneys have abruptly asked the Arkansas judge in his ongoing paternity case to postpone his scheduled March 11 deposition until after Election Day....Biden's team notes in its new motion that it "has no objection to entry of an order continuing the temporary support for another nine months and rescheduling the deposition and hearing at the end of that period" -- this would be after the 2020 presidential election.

The gambit faces a skeptical judge, who has already voiced doubt about repeated delays in the case.

“He needs to make himself available unless his hair is on fire,” Meyer said during a conference call with the attorneys on the case last month, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Nice try, Hunter-boy. The jig is up.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:24 pm
@Sturgis,
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/da/9f/b9/da9fb93449cf7673d86a71ccc4e65bbd.jpg
Is this man right? Remember he hates Trump. Democrats continue to reject the rule of law.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 05:28 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Those videos are covering the internet already. The GOP couldn’t get better material.

C'mon the GOP did not know about them until you told them, right?
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:57 pm
Miles Parks
@MilesParks
· 22m
Rep. Clyburn on NPR just now: "I think when the night is over, Joe Biden will be the prohibitive favorite to win the Democratic nomination... If the night ends the way it has begun" it's time to "shut this primary down," meaning the DNC should "step in" and cancel future debates.
Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:11 pm
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
·
11m
Sincere question for Bernie supporters. Do you think you were well-served by the Bernie social media echo chamber, where podcasters, YouTubers, and Twitter personalities triumphantly declared Bernie Will Win and never had a critical thing to say about the campaign's strategy?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:15 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Miles Parks
@MilesParks
· 22m
Rep. Clyburn on NPR just now: "I think when the night is over, Joe Biden will be the prohibitive favorite to win the Democratic nomination... If the night ends the way it has begun" it's time to "shut this primary down," meaning the DNC should "step in" and cancel future debates.

What it means is that if it’s clear that Biden is clearly, insurmountably ahead after tonight, that Bernie needs to concede and get out of the way.

Talk all the **** you want about what the horrid DNC is doing to Bernie. But the only thing beating Bernie is getting fewer votes.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
What it means is that if it’s clear that Biden is clearly, insurmountably ahead after tonight, that Bernie needs to concede and get out of the way.

Then what, Biden starts campaigning? He can't even talk. Someone else is going to have to step in. And that someone will not have more votes than Bernie.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:28 pm
@snood,
I suggest that no concession be given.

Concessions are for when you lose to a victor that is worthy of respect.

No Democratic candidate is worthy of respect these days.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:43 pm
Quote:
Biden now frequently ticks off the names of six former presidential rivals who have endorsed him just in the past week...The former vice president has campaigned in recent days with two of them, Sens. Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, and appeared with Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

All three have been mentioned as possible vice presidential picks.

All 3 "mentioned" as possible VP candidates, eh? What a coincidence.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:50 pm
@layman,
Quote:
All 3 "mentioned" as possible VP candidates, eh? What a coincidence.

If Biden wins that person will be the president for all intents and purposes. I think that is what they are going to say to voters, not flat out, but make sure that thought is lodged in the minds.

In the condition Biden is in the 25th would send him down the road whenever that VP was ready. Maybe after Biden soils himself at a Cabinet meeting. Question
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 08:08 pm
Quote:
MSNBC
@MSNBC
· 6m
JUST IN: President Trump endorses former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville in US Senate runoff race in Alabama; Tuberville is facing former AG Sessions in the runoff, as Sessions tries to reclaim his old Senate seat, which he gave up to serve in the Trump admin.

Politics as understood by Mafia types.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 08:20 pm
So it looks like Bernie Sanders' belief that he could draw a larger percentage of voters out to the polls was wrong. And that is looking so even within the community of Dem voters. I don't see how that belief or argument continues to hold any water in a general election. We knew that young voters are much more difficult to get out to vote and that appears to be the case even for a Sanders candidacy. But he sure made a hell of a try. Pretty amazing fellow. I have to tip my hat to him.
snood

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 09:08 pm
@blatham,
If Biden is the nominee and becomes the president, one thing I believe will happen is that the policies and direction that came from Bernie and his campaigns will not be lost. There’s a quote that says nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. Though they may not bear all their fruit immediately, ideas like universal healthcare and elimination of student debt are not going away. Whatever anyone thinks of Biden, he won’t be able to hold off the power of those ideas. I dare say that when Biden sees how many Americans want those things, he will get on their side.

Long way to go yet. We’ll see.
blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 09:24 pm
Quote:
adrienneelrod
@adrienneelrod
· 7h
In Michigan turnout is through the roof - 314,808 more ballots this year were cast than at the same period in 2016, for a 79% increase. Democratic primary voters are Fire. https://mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/one-day-before-michigans-primary-73-of-requested-absentee-ballots-have-been-cast.html

We'll know tomorrow about turnout more broadly but this is good news. Very good news.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 09:31 pm
@snood,
Quote:
If Biden is the nominee and becomes the president, one thing I believe will happen is that the policies and direction that came from Bernie and his campaigns (and from Warren) will not be lost.
Yes. These are aspirations that need to be continually voiced and advocated. And now, given the cadre of smart, dedicated people who are moving into the system (like AOC), they will be. And all of us who respond to these goals and agree with the thrust of them, will need to continue pushing the Dems to move further in this direction.

These things don't happen over night. Progressive doesn't happen without progress.