revelette3

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:04 am
@Lash,
I disagree with AOC, I think she goes too far on immigration in wanting to eliminate ICE. Yet, I don't think when she expresses her views, she pitches her views as a Progressive vs. Centrist battle in quite the same way as you do.

It is like your end of Progressives are in a battle against the democratic party itself in order to do it over in the manner you all agree with. It's not right; if you guys didn't agree with the Dem party as a whole, ya'll should have formed your own party. It'd be like a Baptist coming into a Church of Christ and wanting to change into a Baptist Church. All of them are Christians, yet there are distinct differences that are irreconcilable unless some series compromising on both sides are done.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:05 am
@layman,
Like a stone going across the water, eventually, he plops down.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:19 am
@revelette3,
Let us say a prayer for the sea floor.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:39 am
@blatham,
Did you verify that this is accurate? I haven’t seen any evidence of it, but I definitely understand why progressives weren’t amused by Liz’ SNL performance. She’s playing around while the people she promised to fight for are left in limbo.

I saw people basically saying what I’ve said, but nobody viscerally angry.

I’ll go have a look. We have a lot of imposters trying to draw “Bernie Bro” Fire. It’s a clusterfuck of bots, MAGAs and KHIVE -ers impersonating progressives.
Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:44 am
@hightor,
No. You misunderstood. Progressives are prioritizing big money out of politics, #M4A, and #GND.

Bernie’s the only one doing that. I meant exactly what I said. Everyone else is a Centrist to a degree.

For example, a progressive would’ve immediately endorsed the other progressive. Periodt.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:53 am
@Lash,
Fair question. I don't know the poster but it was retweeted by a trustworthy source, for whatever that's worth. Let's label it as possibly/provisionally true but maybe not.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:54 am
Quote:
MSNBC
@MSNBC
· 16h
Fmr. Bloomberg adviser Tim O'Brien: "If Republicans really want to make an issue out of Hunter Biden ... there is going to be a scorched earth response aimed at all of the Trump children that is going to be unlike anything they've experienced thus far."

The universe is unfolding as it should.
maporsche

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:55 am
@hightor,
I think I’m his support in Iowa and New Hampshire was actually very indicitave of how much support Bernie has.

Roughly 30%
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:59 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
MSNBC
@MSNBC
· 16h
Fmr. Bloomberg adviser Tim O'Brien: "If Republicans really want to make an issue out of Hunter Biden ... there is going to be a scorched earth response aimed at all of the Trump children that is going to be unlike anything they've experienced thus far."

At last, we agree. All nepotism should be investigated. Do you know the ratio of congressional ‘servants’s’ children to Yale, Stanford, and Harvard new admissions relative to the general public??
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 12:22 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
@MSNBC wrote:

https://dailytorch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Kids-off-limits-DT-990.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 01:50 pm
@Lash,
Name-calling again, that's apparently the only arrow in your quiver. I have not lied, you continue to name-call, you continue the nasty remarks about those who don't buy your act. You said that I was a coward because I wouldn't debate the issues with you. Name the issue, stop the name-calling.
hightor

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:07 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Progressives are prioritizing big money out of politics, #M4A, and #GND.

Big money in politics can be solved in a number of different ways and Sanders's solution isn't the only one. Repealing Citizens United, implementing more transparency and regulation, and public financing are all methods worth looking into. Medicare for All and the Green New Deal are aspirational programs and could never be implemented without substantial changes. That doesn't mean that aspects of them can't be enacted. I hope Sen. Sanders will pitch in and help draw up an outline of legislation that has a chance of being enacted if the Democrats manage to win in both houses.
Quote:
For example, a progressive would’ve immediately endorsed the other progressive.

Not if they didn't think the other one could mount a successful campaign. They might see incrementalism as a more realistic choice until such time as their programs are backed by the whole party and not just a faction.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Not if they didn't think the other one could mount a successful campaign. They might see incrementalism as a more realistic choice until such time as their programs are backed by the whole party and not just a faction.

Yes. That will be, and ought to be, a prime consideration.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:47 pm
@Setanta,
Recant your lies about me.
Coward.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:48 pm
@lash
Here's AOC's tweet and you can read the responses
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1236533635290890240
Sturgis

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:56 pm
@blatham,
On the average day, I find myself wanting to be like that kid in the Twilight Zone series and want to wish AOC off to the cornfield (or wherever it was).

She is not going to have a second term if she doesn't learn to zip her mouth and start listening to those who are wiser.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:00 pm
I'm really hoping that Sanders and Biden cancel further rallies. We're clearly at the point where it is irresponsible not to do so.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:09 pm
@blatham,
interesting
not surprising

fun to mix it up with a few of them Laughing Cool Laughing
coldjoint

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:11 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
We're clearly at the point where it is irresponsible not to do so.

We are also at a point where your opinion of irresponsibility means very little.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 03:11 pm
@Sturgis,
seriously? you don't think she should appreciate a 10 second piece of humour?