Lash

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 03:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Very well elucidated and sane. I agree with everything you said.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 04:07 pm
#deMOCKracy and 9 others liked

Tom Gara
@tomgara
·
9h
The guy appointed by Betsy DeVos to oversee the federal student loan system is resigning, says he now believes the government should cancel all student debt. "The time has come for us to end and stop the insanity."

Trump Education Official to Resign and Call for Mass Student-Loan Forgiveness
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And another thing...

Quote:
...neither does the fact that her views on foreign policy might be to Russia's short term advantage render her a Russian Asset, Putin Stooge, or traitor.

I agree with her not being a Putin stooge or a traitor, but she could be a totally passive "asset". This only means that Russians could have decided to exploit Gabbard's anti-interventionist stand for their own benefit — which, in this case would appeal to the growing number of USAmericans who are sick of unending military commitments around the world and have the added benefit of disrupting the Democratic primaries. Being an "asset" doesn't mean she's on the Kremlin's payroll. She's an asset to all those who agree with her position for whatever reasons, the same way your cogent arguments are an asset to the conservative cause on A2K.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:15 pm
I had totally forgotten Ryan was even running for pres.
blatham

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 06:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
He ran as Romney's VP choice, of course, which engendered one of my all time favorite New Yorker covers:

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/old_wire/img/upload/2012/08/27/Screen_Shot_2012-08-27_at_11.09.56_AM/lead_large.png

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 07:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oops. Sorry, I misunderstood your Ryan reference. Couldn't quite figure how you'd made that big an error.

You meant Tim Ryan and I missed that because I'd forgotten he was running too. If I ever have to hide some stolen diamonds, I'm going to put them in his pocket as he's invisible.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 07:49 pm
@blatham,
I didn't even recognize him from a picture.
blatham

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 08:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nor I. If you're holding any jewelry from your midnight capers, pass it all on to me and I'll get it to The Invisible Man.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 04:56 am
Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard Says She Won’t Seek Re-Election to Congress

The decision to focus on her presidential campaign, despite low polling numbers, is likely to fuel speculation that she may be preparing a third-party bid.
NYT

Not terribly surprising. Now we'll see what game she's playing. Two options look probable:

1) she'll run as a 3rd party spoiler to damage Dem's electorally, obviously failing, and will then move to Fox

2) she won't go 3rd party, will continue her sure to fail candidacy, but will continue her slanders of Dems on Fox and then will finally arrive as a Fox host at 1 - 5 million a year or so.

Watch this space to see how Lash will respond to either possibility. If it's 1) above, then, I fully expect, Lash will find her decision principled and hopeful even if opponent Sanders is slimed. If it's 2), Lash will find her decision and appearances on Fox sliming Dems as principled and hopeful.

Betcha.
Lash

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 05:00 am
@blatham,
Lash is controlling your little brain. It’s creepy AF.
blatham

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 05:04 am
@Lash,
If you have a desire to pump yourself up, Home Depot has compressors on special this week.

You're an experimental subject, dearie.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 06:05 am
Tulsi is just a distraction from the actual game on the ground. Maybe Clinton hoped it would prompt enough sympathy from progressives to bleed off some Sanders supporters. Aside from that, Tulsi is getting free publicity and still not a contender.
blatham

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 06:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Tulsi is getting free publicity and still not a contender.
Of course she is. Why do you imagine right wing media are pushing her forward? Electoral contention has nothing to do with it.

And she's irrelevant to the Sanders campaign and his chances because she's not close to being a contender and her fans are too few, by themselves, to alter anything. Her value, as seen from the right, is in fostering division on the left and in decreasing (they hope) dem voter participation/enthusiasm.

Because elections are now commonly determined by a very small sliver of the voting population (80,000 votes gave Trump the WH) the main game for Republicans is keeping their base frightened and in a red hot rage, and also in reducing Dem voters through voter suppression and through causing division on the left.

If she does run as a 3rd party, will that help Sanders and your hopes? A yes or no would do fine here.

If she moves to Fox (which looks absolutely certain to me) would that help Sanders and your hopes? Again, a yes or no, please.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 06:43 am
I'm not speculating on her as a third party candidate unless she makes moves in that direction. If she genuinely wants the nation to change and be less warlike she will not want to sabotage the only non neolib candidate.
blatham

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 06:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If she genuinely wants the nation to change and be less warlike she will not want to sabotage the only non neolib candidate.

Thank you for the reply. And, wearing protective gloves, I've managed to pick the jewel out of the poopoo in your answer.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 07:23 am
For the love of god. Last night, Gabbard was on Hannity spouting right wing talking points on the transparency of the impeachment proceedings. h/t TPM

Clearly not a Russian asset, this one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 07:25 am
According to some speculation I've seen, Biden may have a useful function after all. A few have said his presence in the race is all that keeps Clinton from jumping in with both feet. At this point, I am repeating gossip.
blatham

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 07:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Clinton is not going to enter the race. She has no organization of any kind and she's smart enough to understand she isn't wanted, given things as they now stand.

The push on this narrative is coming from the right. Eg Carlson saying she's the sanest Dem compared to the other candidates. There's one ex Clinton guy who has voiced the idea - and he did it on Fox.

This is noise and distraction and it all is in aid of keeping Clinton's name in the spotlight because she has now effectively become Satan on the right and even for many Sanders supporters.

Again, the goal is division and discontent, promotion of.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 07:47 am
Michael Tracey

Verified account

@mtracey
4m4 minutes ago
More
Dem pundits want to invent a fictitious third party run by someone they don't like because it's an effective scolding tactic. Anyone who even *contemplates* operating outside the bounds of traditional partisan politics is automatically a "ratfucker," troll, or Russian asset
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 09:52 am

Kinkajou51, the Russian bot🇺🇸
@Kinkajou5123
·
47m
Warren's idea of a 9.5% sales tax to fund her M4A is a tax on the poor to pay. No No NO! https://twitter.com/ThiaBallerina/status/1187525560181776384