Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 02:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
Race is in everything in America, because we have not, as a nation, moved beyond our racist past. The problem is that there are people like AOC who don't want us to because it would deprive them of a political cudgel.

Regardless, who in their right mind thinks that we should abolish prisons?

What would we do with murderous neo-Nazis?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Elect them to federal office?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Race is in everything in America, because we have not, as a nation, moved beyond our racist past. The problem is that there are people like AOC who don't want us to because it would deprive them of a political cudgel.

Let's flesh out your apparent argument a bit more completely.

1) Racism, as we've typically witnessed it in American culture - the prejudice against blacks, latinos, asians and other non-white groups - is no longer an actual feature of American culture

2) Blacks, for example, are treated exactly the same as whites by police forces, by banks, by landlords and by immigration etc nationally.

3) The only significant evidences of racism now are related to those who complain in any way that non-whites are still treated differently. That's the racism problem.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:45 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
3) The only significant evidences of racism now are related to those who complain in any way that non-whites are still treated differently. That's the racism problem.

And when they do complain there is a Leftist (usually a politician) to help. Many times a white person ( the oppressor) leads they way, making sure to guilt any fool that listens. The MSM purposely makes this a much bigger problem that it is. But it keeps people divided and that is what they want.

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 06:49 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Let's flesh out your apparent argument a bit more completely.

What you did would be more along the lines of taking what he said and pretending that he said something entirely different.

I'm not surprised that you would use such a dishonorable tactic however.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:40 pm
@blatham,
An honorable effort, sir. You recognized the barrier, though.
The “people like AOC who don’t want us to move past our racist past” barrier.
That small, but impenetrable twist in logic (or something) that allows some people to identify people who point out racism as the biggest hindrance to good race relations.
blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:52 pm
@snood,
Yes. Racism remains a feature of society only because it benefits some to claim it is a real feature of society.

Another version - remedies for racism are the causes of it (the implication being it isn't real but some profit from the claim and from the remedies)

All such "arguments" often use the shorthand, "playing the race card".

One of the key characters in forwarding this stuff is Clint Bollick. "Reverse racism" is his baby. "Gang of Five" by Nina J Easton has a very good chapter on him.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Nonsense. Old whir=te men {sound familiar?} persistentlymaintain there is no racist problem in spite of the obvious fact there us. Like the guy who was expelled from the hotel he was paying for for being black I the news in the last couple days, for which Dopubletree at Hilton is paying dearly. AQnd the manager and the security guard were canned for. No racism there, joint, is there in your view?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 08:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
No racism there, joint, is there in your view?

I never said there was not racism but it is not the crisis you fear mongers and the MSM make of it.
Lash

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 01:52 am
Obey Retweeted

Stephanie 🌹 Voltolin
@SAVoltolin
·
19h
Like HRC, Warren was a Republican turned Democrat.

Like HRC, Warren calls herself progressive while supporting Republican military budgets.

Like HRC, Warren lies about her personal experiences to appear like a victim.

HRC couldn't beat Trump because of these traits.
Real Music

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 02:15 am
Elizabeth Warren: Why we need to break up Big Tech.

Facebook, Amazon, and Google run the internet.
In fact, Big Tech spent almost $50 million dollars in lobbying last year.
They know they have a lot to lose if Washington starts putting the interests of consumers first.

Published March 13, 2019

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 02:32 am
@Lash,
And like HRC, the Russians are afraid of her.

I think she might well win this election. Trump says more lies in one day than she ever will in her lifetime, and he is a Democrat turned Republican, so your perceived liabilities don't matter much.

I predict she will get Bernie Sanders' support, too, and that you will switch to Trump-trumping soon afterward.
Real Music

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 02:41 am
@Olivier5,
1. I don't think Lash will have to switch to become a Trump supporter, because Lash was probably already a Trump supporter.

2. I suspect that all along, Lash was only masquerading herself as a Bernie supporter in order to sow division in the democratic party and help Trump get elected.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 04:09 am
@Real Music,
I agree, by and large. Her support to Sanders is skin-deep. She had zero respect for him when he bowed out of the race in 2016.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 04:37 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

1. I don't think Lash will have to switch to become a Trump supporter, because Lash was probably already a Trump supporter.

2. I suspect that all along, Lash was only masquerading herself as a Bernie supporter in order to sow division in the democratic party and help Trump get elected.

I totally understand why you (or anyone who has read her posts) would suspect that her motives were duplicitous and that she is carrying on a sick masquerade. Could be.

Whether she is or isn’t acting out such a twisted game, it is undeniable that division and distrust among and between Democrats is the effect of the kind of tiresome **** she spouts.
blatham

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:22 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Like HRC, Warren

And that is the propagandist use of continuing to keep Clinton's name pushed forward. Position her with anyone to tar that other.

And just who is tweeter Stephanie Voltolin? American? Is she a she? Living in a cabin in Vermont? Working out of a three story building in Leningrad?

Why do you post such dubious content? Why do you do exactly what Russian or GOP trolls want you to post?

For the love of god. Who here do you believe you might be influencing?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:27 am
@snood,
Quote:
it is undeniable that division and distrust among and between Democrats is the effect of the kind of tiresome **** she spouts.
Yup. That's the game. But she doesn't matter here. There's far too much real and credible information being posted and clearly she's influencing no one.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:25 am
I think most of the reactions to lash's posts, here on the political threads, is a visceral personal attacking of a poster rather than actual consideration of what she posts. Most of her information is accurate.
snood

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:45 am
Yeah, it’s all personal. It’s all about you and Lash. Because nobody here cares about the future of this nation, the health of the environment, the survival of the constitution and rule of law, or any other issue at stake in this election- except you and Lash.

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:52 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
actual consideration of what she posts
I invite you to actually consider her last post which I just remarked on.
- an anonymous source from a social media platform which that platform itself has acknowledged is replete with trolls working for Russia pretending to be US citizens
- a repeat of the precise agitprop mode which we know, beyond any doubt at all, has been forwarded by those same trolls and by GOP operatives.