Real Music

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You strike me as a MSNBC watcher. How could you miss it?

1. Yes, I am an MSNBC watcher.

2. How would I miss it, if it never happen?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 07:58 pm
The meme, accurate or not, is still a perfect representation of how MSNBC is treating the election.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:41 pm
Coldjoint would justify his hatred of Muslims with his inaccurate websites. It didn't matter to him if they were untrue, Muslims still sucked.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
This is not that kind of disagreement. I am willing to concede that the meme may not be accurate, but MSNBC has been working against the Sanders campaign so stridently, that the spirit of it is true. Likening it to an irrational hatred of Muslims is a smear in itself.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sure, that was his justification, as well, "it was the spirit of those false websites that is true."
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:53 pm
@InfraBlue,
You are trying to make me out irrational. Good luck.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You are trying to make me out irrational. Good luck.

Your actions speak for themselves.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
I won't tell you **** you, but I will ignore you from here on.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 05:13 am
Truth hurts. About all things Bernie, Edgar and Lash ARE irrational.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 02:20 pm
Bernie’s policies are the most rational, but the masses are so used to performing as useful idiots for the ruling class, they are the lemmings running in a brainless pack over the proverbial cliff.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 02:24 pm
What did your gold-plated hero say about Bernie?

Obama, talking about Bernie, 2006.

Vᴇʀᴏɴɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ MVP 🔥 (@LovesTheBern) Tweeted:
Then-Sen. Obama had the kindest words to say about @BernieSanders:
“They want somebody who’s gonna fight for them.”

(What happened to Obama? Did DC swallow him whole?)

https://t.co/gugyp1Jrvx https://twitter.com/LovesTheBern/status/1176589273417441280?s=17
snood

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 07:24 pm
Notice - I said nothing about Bernie being irrational. I said and meant that, about all things related to Bernie, those two are very irrational.

They constantly trash the other Dems and are still trashing Obama - to what end?
They constantly interpret support for anyone other than Bernie as something lesser or less genuine than support for Bernie.
Everyone on this board sanely declares that if their candidate doesn’t get the nomination, they will support the one who does. Everyone except the two I mentioned. It is an irrational stance.

As related to any discussion about Bernie in this election, Lash and Edgar have been consistently, increasingly, maddeningly irrational to the point of being nonsensical and bordering on plain obtuse.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 09:06 pm
@snood,
Anyone who doesn’t see that Bernie is the ONLY RATIONAL choice in this age is irrational.

Ask 2006 Obama.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2019 09:54 pm
@Lash,
Well, in that case, more people are irrational than the irrational folks who voted for Trump.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 04:35 am
@snood,
Pointing out facts—actual things that people do and say—is rational. Being furious about people pointing out these facts and attacking them because of their honesty is WILDLY IRRATIONAL.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 05:09 am
@Lash,
Quote:
(What happened to Obama? Did DC swallow him whole?)
I have no idea why you'd post that tweet or deem it worthy of notice. Obama is clearly giving a campaign speech in support of two candidates, Sanders and Welsh. It would not be much trouble to find a campaign speech from Sanders speaking positively of Hillary and no trouble at all to find a Sanders speech honoring Warren.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 10:02 am
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/bernie-sanders-science-smears-823138/
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 10:25 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

As related to any discussion about Bernie in this election, Lash and Edgar have been consistently, increasingly, maddeningly irrational to the point of being nonsensical and bordering on plain obtuse.

"Stubborn" might also be a good and apt descriptor (perhaps even better).
However stubborn is a fairly common characteristic of the posters on these threads, one shared by many others on these political threads, beyond Lash & Edgar, including myself, Blatham, Monterey Jack, oralloy, Real Music, Walter Hindler, …. and also a guy called snood, and many others,
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 10:37 am
@edgarblythe,
And youre selling lizzie short.
engineer

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2019 02:33 pm
@georgeob1,
I think at this point we're clearly seeing what was hinted at earlier. Sanders has a solid base, but no upside. He's going to get 20-25% of the vote in this field of candidates and that's about it. His negatives are just too big to overcome. Biden is a similar boat, but with a higher number. Warren appears to have upside and the Sanders/Warren progressive combined vote is a true juggernaut. I think if Sanders really (really, really) wanted to make his revolution happen, he would combine his platform with Warren and when he was reasonably happy, drop out and endorse Warren. I doubt that any concession other than full capitulation would satisfy Sanders though, so I think he will just meander along while Warren gains steam and eventually fall into irrelevancy.