edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:47 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
The only mention of his Jewishness I have seen is from Bernie supporters.
But you've said that you don't follow mainstream news media outlets, so how could you know?

But why on earth do you imagine that his Jewish heritage is newsworthy? Why would it be information worthy of suppression? Would you have news media research and write about the religious/cultural heritage of all political candidates?

But aside from all that, the number of subscribers to the NYT or the WP

who do not already know that Bernie is Jewish is going to be as close to zero as you can get.

It wasn't me that brought it up. People on this thread have been aeguing about it and I made a single offhand comment.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:48 pm
@blatham,
I didn't read all that, but it smells like a hit piece.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
and also against fighting the war in Vietnam.

Folks have just got to start calling a spade a spade, Edgar.

"and also against fighting the USA war CRIMES in Vietnam."
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:52 pm
@blatham,
It’s glaringly obvious that Edgar and Lash are inventing crimes of antisemitism out of the blue in order to hang democrats with them. Next thing you know they will be discussing how maybe the DNC might be poisoning Bernie’s bagels with nano-arsenic.
JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:55 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
It’s glaringly obvious that Edgar and Lash are inventing crimes of antisemitism out of the blue in order to ...

You always have been a real conspiracy theorist, Olivier. You believe in the phantasmagorical US Government Official Conspiracy Theory, the one that has not a shred of evidence to support it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 01:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Your neonazism is truly horrific. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to rally people against Jews over imaginary atrocities.

Not at all against Jews, oralloy, you are wrong again. Against Isreal's and the usa's and the uk's and the ... war crimes/terrorism/crimes against humanity against so much of the poor of the world.

Quote:
As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council. Since the creation of the Council in 2006, it has resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined. The 45 resolutions comprised almost half (45.9%) of all country-specific resolutions passed by the Council,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:03 pm
@Olivier5,
How you got that out of what I have posted is not just ridiculous, but it shows you are so focused on laying blame on me for disagreeing with you that your mind is projecting untruths.
JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:05 pm
@Olivier5,
Do you deny the existence of usa government/military nanothermite like oralloy did, [now corrected], Olivier. I assure you that it exists. It was found in WTC dust, in four independently collected dust samples. It COULD NOT have been planted because no one besides the usa military knows how to make it.

"With our new process, however, we're mixing at molecular scales, using grains the size of tens to hundreds of molecules. That can give us the best of both worlds-higher energy densities and high power as well." --- Randy Simpson Lead scientist in the team that discovered and developed nanothermite
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
that your mind is projecting untruths.

That is an Olivier specialty, Edgar. Did he see his lame attempt to try to wish away usa military nanothermite?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree with you that Sanders would make a better president, but she’s playing a good game, seen from afar, and I don’t think she's fake. She might be more willing than Sanders to compromise with the powers that be but that can be seen as realistic.

My sense is Sanders fundamentally thinks Warren would be infinitely better than Trump, and that if she wins the presidency it will be a win for progressives. He never said ‘Bernie or burst’, and he must know that she can get the DNC machinery behind her in a big way the moment Biden falters a bit too much. He can’t throw her under the bus. This divide between the left has to work productively towards some synthesis, some temporary resolution and agreement in order to beat Trump, a sine qua non condition to do anything useful towards mitigating climate change, or redistributing wealth and opportunities.

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:40 pm
Quote:
Edgar and Lash are inventing crimes of antisemitism out of the blue in order to hang democrats with them.
Not edgar, it seems to me. Lash may be a different matter.

But obviously this notion is being spread around in the pro-Sanders community. I actually doubt that sincere supporters are the ones driving this. It makes much more sense to imagine that Russian and GOP trolls, active on social media, are doing it to foster division on the left. But it also seems to be the case that some portion of his supporters are a bit too eager to actually believe this to be true.

Here's a relevant bit of research from the science site Nature
Quote:
Politicians’ efforts to gerrymander — redraw electoral-constituency boundaries to favour one party — often hit the news. But, as a paper published in Nature this week shows, gerrymandering comes in other forms, too.

The work reveals how connections in a social network can also be gerrymandered — or manipulated — in such a way that a small number of strategically placed bots can influence a larger majority to change its mind, especially if the larger group is undecided about its voting intentions (A. J. Stewart et al. Nature 573, 117–118; 2019)...
Nature
JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:44 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
It makes much more sense to imagine that Russian and GOP trolls

Bernie: "Oh my gawd, there's a commie in my drawers!!!"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:52 pm
@blatham,
I hang around progressives online every day and it has been a couple of weeks since I saw his Jewishness brought up, whether in a negative or positive way.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:12 pm
@Olivier5,
She might be more willing than Sanders to compromise with the powers that be

I think she is one of them.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I think she is one of them.

blatham

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm very curious, in that case, as to why you brought it up either in this instance or the prior instance?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:28 pm
@Olivier5,
I give up arguing with you.
snood

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:50 pm
If we’re all cowardly lying hypocrites, why do you spend so much time here?
snood

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:54 pm
Right now Bernie is holding a mini rally on the UNC campus - a couple blocks from where I’m sitting. I have other business here, so I won’t get to feel the Bern today.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 03:57 pm
@snood,
Quote:
If we’re all cowardly lying hypocrites, why do you spend so much time here?

Such phenomena are rarely seen, Snood. It is something to behold.

Let's put it to the test again.

How did 1300F WTC fires melt WTCs 1, 2 and 7 structural steel which has a melting point of 2800F?

How did 1300F WTC fires melt molybdenum, MP 4753F?