snood

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

neptuneblue wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
the real issues of gun violence...

And how does unlimited fire arms and ammunition ownership help..."the people?"

It will if we have a tyrant in charge, and since most of you think Trump is such a tyrant I would have thought you would want "the people" to have the means to oppose him.

So we should take up arms to oppose a fighting force that employs smart weaponry, armored tanks, jets, missiles and stealth technology (and that’s just scratching the surface). Brilliant.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:17 pm
@snood,
Quote:
So we should take up arms to oppose a fighting force that employs smart weaponry, armored tanks, jets, missiles and stealth technology (and that’s just scratching the surface). Brilliant.

Why not, it's seems to have worked in Iraq and Afghanistan and any place else we have been fighting terrorism for the last 15 years plus. Or did I miss their tanks and fighter jets when I was there? The anti-war crowds have spent that same amount of time talking about how effective the insurgents were against our military that they had to pull out to prevent further deaths of US troops.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:31 pm
@snood,
I'd say it was "cowardly" to surrender without a fight, but you seem to know more about cowardice than I do.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Why not, it's seems to have worked in Iraq and Afghanistan and any place else we have been fighting terrorism for the last 15 years plus. Or did I miss their tanks and fighter jets when I was there? The anti-war crowds have spent that same amount of time talking about how effective the insurgents were against our military that they had to pull out to prevent further deaths of US troops.

Absolutely correct Baldimo.

American leftists tend to me great fans of guerrilla forces that are communist but maybe they don't think they can measure up in the same way.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 04:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What people like Snood actually do is convince people that we should open up the 2nd Amendment and include all sorts of arms like it used to be, before they started narrowing down the Constitution to mean just muskets. If we need to fight the govt, we will need rocket launchers and all sorts of other weapons to have an even chance to competing with the tyrants we are trying to defeat. For people who think Trump is Hitler and might not leave office, they sure do give the impression they are ok with it. If Trump refused to leave office, they would find me on their side of the firing lines.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 05:52 pm
Snood was in the military and I think he retired sometime in the last few years. He should know what was going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and the types of weapons they were using, with the amount of time we were over, there is no way he didn't see a stint in either sand box. He knows they didn't have tanks or fighter jets or even helicopters. They had AK-47's, RPG's and IED's, our troops know how effective those were and our military had to come up with all new vehicles to counter act those IED's. ISIS didn't have access to US military hardware until Obama did the quick pull out and left millions of dollars of hardware for the enemy to snap up and use. Now you can bet that there are thousands and thousands of M16A2's and M4's all over the middle east.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 06:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Those people in Afghanistan have been fighting insurgent wars for generations. If you really want to make the case that our renegade billy-bob militias could defeat the United States military or even put up a good fight, good luck with that.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The Second Amendment forbids restrictions that cannot be justified as serving a compelling government interest.

As a rational basis of reform, a national non-governmental data base could be instituted to help deter persons amassing large amounts of weapons and/or ammunition that belong to hate groups, have mental deficiencies or has demonstrated a threat to society.

The NRA opposes such a measure. Why?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 09:39 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Those people in Afghanistan have been fighting insurgent wars for generations.

Explain Iraq, using the same type of weapons?

Quote:
If you really want to make the case that our renegade billy-bob militias could defeat the United States military or even put up a good fight, good luck with that

Who said they put up a good fight or defeated us? Do you really think our military was actually fighting or being constrained by the ROE? I contend the ROE killed more soldiers than enemy skill or abilities.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'd say it was "cowardly" to surrender without a fight, but you seem to know more about cowardice than I do.

Hmmmm, Did you serve with Snood? Or am I mistaken about your distinguished military service,?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:08 pm
@Baldimo,
From Baldy: quote.... "If we need to fight the govt, we will need rocket launchers and all sorts of other weapons to have an even chance to competing with the tyrants we are trying to defeat."

Are you boys daring the FBI to visit you???
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:23 pm
Oh freaking Terrific, now you claim you would be willing (or it may be necessary) to buy weapons (or be assisted by) the Russians and the Chinese to battle the US of A. What could possibly go wrong with that???? Do yourself a big favor, don't go calling anyone an imbecile...certainly not after your little macho bullshit "I'm a man with a gun" who will protect the flag by joining up with the Russians.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 10:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Do you have something against simply voting him out of office? Of cpurse we did that in 16 until the electoral college fucked over us.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 12:24 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
As a rational basis of reform, a national non-governmental data base could be instituted to help deter persons amassing large amounts of weapons and/or ammunition that belong to hate groups, have mental deficiencies or has demonstrated a threat to society.

The NRA opposes such a measure. Why?

I've never heard of such a proposal. Who would hold and maintain the database?

If the NRA has heard of such a proposal and opposes it, I can make an educated guess why that is.

Such databases of guns are typically created only as a prelude to a later measure banning them outright. Presumably the NRA opposes this proposal because they see it as one of these prelude measures that is meant to pave the way for an outright ban.

I would also note that merely belonging to a hate group is not justification for depriving someone of their guns. And the left would surely abuse the meaning of "hate group" to include many innocent groups under that designation in order to violate their civil liberties.

The left also has a history of abusing the meaning of "mental deficiencies" to try to violate the civil liberties of many people. So that should not be a basis for disarming people either.

The term "large amounts" is problematic as well. There is no such thing as having too many guns or too much ammunition.

Disarming a proven threat would be legitimate however, assuming sufficient due process to ensure that it really is a proven threat.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 03:25 am
I see our own version of the "Proud Boys" have come to promote armed insurrection against domestic tyranny. Some of these wannabe heroes just never grow up, feverishly imagining the important role they will play in some dark dystopian future, clutching their Daisy air guns and their cap pistols and itching for a fight, just as they've been fantasizing since 2nd or 3rd grade!
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 03:59 am
@hightor,
Why is tyranny so appealing to progressives? You can just see the anger oozing from their posts whenever they contemplate resistance to tyranny.

Just one more reason to vote for conservatives I guess.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 05:13 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I see our own version of the "Proud Boys" have come to promote armed insurrection against domestic tyranny. Some of these wannabe heroes just never grow up, feverishly imagining the important role they will play in some dark dystopian future, clutching their Daisy air guns and their cap pistols and itching for a fight, just as they've been fantasizing since 2nd or 3rd grade!

Beautifully put. They started out talking about how they would raise an armed resistance against a tyrannical government, then Finn the ABloat starts drooling about how it has some connection to my opposition to police brutality and oppression of minorities. Anything to keep their privileged clueless asses as the centerpiece of all that is important, I guess.

And not to overshadow your eloquent rebuttal of their petulant fecklessness, but I must say - it is most instructive to see just how upsetting it is to a racist coward to simply be called a racist coward.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 05:21 am
@snood,
Didn't you recently ask why I would automatically assume that the only thing that the left would post about a shooting incident would be childish name-calling?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 06:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Do you have something against simply voting him out of office? Of cpurse we did that in 16 until the electoral college fucked over us.

This has to be one of your most imbecilic of posts:

1) By definition, you can't vote a "tyrant" out of office.
2) You never voted Trump out of office, irrespective of the Electoral College.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 06:24 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

How droll you are hightor with your "Proud Boy" nonsense.

So many on the left are making absurd claims about Trump being a tyrant, but if he truly was what would you suggest we do? Get neck pads to make the yoke more comfortable?

Tyrants exist. Surely you know this. It's is not impossible for one to rise in this country. Unlikely, but not impossible. The intent behind the 2nd Amendment wasn't to assure that all Americans could put meat on the table or have a nice day at the gun range, it was to see they were armed and able to respond to a tyrant.