edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 06:11 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 09:34 pm
I didn't bother to watch the debates. As far as I am concerned, barring a surprise, Bernie is the only progressive in the race, although Tulsi has some good ideas also. The rest, that are rated very high, are centrists, regardless of campaign rhetoric and they will not have my vote. I said last time I will never again vote the lesser of two evils.
Lash

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 04:17 am
@edgarblythe,
Bernie kicked ass. He and Warren worked together to explain/ defend #M4A. Several of the candidates with 1% - 2% tried to turn attacks against progressivism into a stab at becoming relevant but no one did.

I’d expect several of them not to make the cut next time.

Bernie and Liz were really great. Pete came off really well, but he’s super slippery about his policies and of course, I don’t believe a thing he says. He’s bought. I think Liz is, too.

Bernie lost his temper a couple of times, which I loved. Couple of carping nobodys, trying to tell him his business. I just don’t like this speed-dating sound byte forum. It doesn’t utilize bern’s strengths. People who would be a great president don’t necessarily excel in this venue.

I’m sure you can find clips on YouTube if you desire.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 04:47 am
@Lash,
Good clips usually surface on the sites I visit. I do hate that Bernie acts so friendly to Warren, when she is obviously sounding almost like him as a Trojan horse.
Lash

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:02 am
@edgarblythe,
That’s an apt characterization.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:12 am
Democrats who blindly support Biden and Harris remind me of flies cozying up to bug zappers. Why many gravitate to Warren I can't totally figure. I am sure some of them do it through residual resentment of Sanders from 2016 and don't want to reward him, even though they are persuaded his policy ideas are correct.
snood

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:30 am
Warren was fired up last night.

I think she had the two best moments in the debate.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 05:50 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I do hate that Bernie acts so friendly to Warren, when she is obviously sounding almost like him

That may be because Bernie Sanders is neither a cretin nor a brute...
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 06:13 am
@Olivier5,
She's no friend of Bernie's, regardless of the smiling face.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 07:51 am
@edgarblythe,
There's apparently one thing Bernie knows, which you haven't realized yet: that it's not about him; it's about the country.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 08:50 am
@Olivier5,
It is about the country. That's why I support him and don't appreciate a dirty tactic such as she is using.
Brand X

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 09:11 am
During the last couple days leading up to the debate CNN and MSNBC hosts were trying to get Bernie to go after Warren, instead they basically teamed up.

It was close between those two, but IMO Bernie had the best night.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 09:31 am
One thing I have never figured out about this site, so many who disagree with me have to make it personal instead of sticking to the topic.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 09:32 am
@edgarblythe,
Warren is an asset, not a problem. You have no clue.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 12:28 pm
@Olivier5,
You don't understand what you are writing here.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 01:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Maybe I understand something Bernie understands... that Warren has potential. For one thing she's got a level of technical economic competence that far exceeds Bernie's. She knows her stuff.

Or maybe I trust Bernie, enough to know his friends from his foes. He's got street smarts and a lot of experience in politics.

In fact they complement one another quite nicely.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 01:36 pm
I took a staggering step to the side after the rather immature antics last night from Elizabeth Warren. I already had issues with her, she just added to the stack.

She does not seem to be on the team of getting the Dems to win, only herself.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 01:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oliver isent as smart as you , is that what your saying? So much with being friendly with your replies.
oralloy

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 02:03 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Damn infra. That's the most lies I've seen ollie called on since I've been on this site. Good work. I don't have the fortitude to read his crap as you do.

The fact that you cannot point out a single untrue statement in my posts shows that the only liar here is you.

Your dishonorable behavior is appalling. If you can't post with any integrity, you shouldn't post at all.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2019 02:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The Israelis are harming the Palestinians.

I don't see "asking the Palestinians to share" as harm.
0 Replies