InfraBlue

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 04:19 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. Archaeologists and historians are very clear on the fact that the ancestors of the Israeli Jews were from the areas where they originated, mostly Europe. Latter Israeli Jews originated in areas such as Iraq, Iran and North Africa.

That is incorrect. Archeologists and historians have conclusively established that the Canaanites were the original inhabitants, and have conclusively established that the Israelites were directly descended from the native Canaanites.

One thing is Israelite descent. Another thing is Israeli Jewish descent.

Quote:
The Israeli Jews of today are descended from the native Israelites.

Wrong.

oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 04:27 pm
@InfraBlue,
Not wrong:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/epiphenom/2009/01/shared-genetic-heritage-of-jews-and.html

Special thanks to maxdancona for originally posting this link.
oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 04:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
The only fact is the fact that you're merely voicing your opinion.

That is incorrect. I am posting facts and not opinions.

It is a fact that historians and archaeologists have established that the Israeli Jews are direct descendants of the original inhabitants of the West Bank region.

It is a fact that the world only asks Israel to give up land as part of a negotiated two-state solution where Israel receives peaceful acceptance as a Jewish state in exchange for giving up this land.

It is a fact that Israel has repeatedly offered to do this.

It is a fact that Israel is under no obligation to give up land under any other circumstances.
oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 04:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It's harmful to the Palestinians to deny them their Right of Return.

There would be no harm. The Palestinians would be able to live peacefully in a Palestinian state under a two-state solution.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 04:58 pm
I don't object to a Jewish homeland, but being a good neighbor ought to be a requirement.
oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 06:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
No problem then. Israel is an outstanding neighbor.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 07:42 pm
@oralloy,
It is also a fact that the palestinians are direct descendants of the original inhabitalnts of the lland (barring neanderthals that homo sap wiped out ofof course ) jews. And pals are grnetically oindstinguishab le
oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 08:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
True.

But that does not give the Palestinians the right to wage perpetual war against Israel and refuse to ever make peace.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 08:42 pm
@oralloy,
Doesn't give Israel the right to refuse to give them their land back either.
oralloy

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 09:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Land For Peace only means that Israel gives up land if they get peace in return.

No peace for Israel means no land for the Palestinians.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 10:31 pm
bump
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 10:49 pm
Anybody wishing to see Trump do a white power signal click here. I won't put his face in any of my posts.
https://boingboing.net/2019/07/25/why-did-trump-make-the-white.html?fbclid=IwAR0kZkX5W-sKZnkjoOLEFBRwMMWg5LSA6df0I-1kMBnw0Con5Geg7Uqa2CQ
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 12:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Are you insane? Are you that mentally deranged that you'll grasp at anything to try to smear Trump as a racist?

What is your explanation for these people making the same innocuous hand gesture?

https://i0.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/09/More-white-power.jpeg?resize=580%2C580&ssl=1
blatham

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 06:28 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
First time for everything. FreedomEyeLove gets this right. Who hasn't given the "perfect" or "OK" gesture with their hands?
snood

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 07:58 am
@blatham,
Maybe. But keep in mind - there IS a white supremacist sub culture. There IS a neologism-nazi sub culture. There are symbols, phrases and and signs used in these cultures. The devil’s best trick is to convince humankind that there is no such thing as the devil.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 08:33 am
@blatham,
I disagree, but then we don't always have to agree. Unlike the right wingers, who must have felt I hit a bullseye, because shortly after my post, I got thumbed down on a number of threads where nobody gets thumbed down.
blatham

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 09:32 am
@edgarblythe,
The Thumber Brigade. Sheesh. You'd almost think God moulded some humans using silly putty.

You and Snood might have it right but I wouldn't make the charge because that particular gesture is so common. We understand that Trump wouldn't have much going on internally that would stop him from attempts to appeal to those lunatics but I would save my indictments for those cases where his actions and speech are more clear.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 09:51 am
The OK sign is too general and universal to be construed as a white power symbol.
hightor

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 10:03 am
@InfraBlue,
The raised middle finger is a well-known gesture which symbolizes the overthrow of corporate capitalism.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 10:07 am
@InfraBlue,
It's even codified in manuals of hand signals for scuba diving.

https://www.liveabout.com/thmb/NkUP0scb0VNHQOcqRzYzdWe2hho=/400x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(webp)/1Okay-58b8f3243df78c353c40a9ab.jpg
The first-hand signal that most scuba divers learn is the "OK" hand signal. Join the thumb and index fingers to form a loop and extend the third, fourth, and fifth fingers. This signal can be used as both a question and a response. The "OK" sign is a demand-response signal, meaning that if one diver asks another diver if he is OK, he must respond with either an "OK" signal in return or with the communication that something is wrong. The "OK" hand signal should not be confused with the thumbs-up signal, which in scuba diving means "end the dive."
0 Replies