blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:38 pm
@maporsche,
Well, maybe so, but as soon as Lash passes on my terroristic behaviors he will be. If one Canadian is involved, there are probably others, even maybe from Newfoundland or Saskatchewan. You can't be too careful these days what with all the leftwing militias.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:41 pm
@blatham,
I'm suggesting there was likely a "united" effort on the part of the Obama Administration to ensure a Clinton victory in the election despite (and partly motivated by) the already detectable deficiencies in the leadership and effectiveness of her campaign. Starting with Bengasi and the unexpected performance of Sanders in the Democrat primary a series of events made them aware that the confidently expected Clinton win in the election was not at all a sure thing.

The discovery and "investigation" of the illicit use of a private (and unsecured) server to support Clinton's e-mails during her term as Secretary of State, together with the emergence of hacked information from the, poorly secured, DNC e-mail server had already yielded an embarrassing and dangerous situation for candidate Clinton, and they were looking for a way to both protect her and turn the situation against the unexpected emergence of Trump in the Primary. Interestingly it was the same coterie of senior FBI officials (Comey, McCabe and Strzok) who led both the "investigation" of the Hillary e-mail crimes and the investigation of supposed Trump campaign collusion. Subsequently released phone messages between Strzok and Lisa Page contained assertions by both that the White House was closely monitoring the whole process, and an "insurance policy" was needed.

Meanwhile Obama took the unusual step of vastly expanding the number of people in the administration who could authorize the uncovering of the identities of U.S. citizens participating in communications monitored by the FBI. That and the unusual involvement and unity of the DNI, FBI and CIA leadership in matters involving the campaign are very suggestive, particularly in view of the absence of any factual evidence against Trump or his campaign that emerged from the ensuing investigation (which they hoped would end with Clinton in the White House, and personal favor & protection from the new President).

The contrast between the very softball investigations of the unlawful use of a private server for Clinton's official e-mails while Secretary of State and the very secret and hardball investigation of the Trump campaign, both led by same group in the FBI, could not have been more stark. It would be sufficient to establish bias in any judicial review.

The Justice Departments IG's review of the FISA warrants and other aspects of the Trump investigation is expected soon. We will all see what it contains then. Follow-on criminal investigations are a realistic possibility.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:56 pm
I think Barr has the integrity to look past any personal and political feelings and enforce the law. I hope I am right. If he does not the DOJ and the FBI will never regain the trust of Americans. Thanks Obama!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 03:10 pm
@georgeob1,
I would like to add something to the Clinton/Trump investigations that has disturbed me from the start, but which strangely received virtually no attention from the media - right or left.

That is the question of the origins of the now discredited dossier on Trump. This was a document produced by Russian sources of a former British intelligence official, Tony Steele, then resident in Russia and working on a freelance basis on his own. It was paid for by a U.S. Law Firm working under contract for the Clinton campaign.

Imagine if, for example, the Mueller Investigation established that the Trump Campaign or its agents had purchased an equivalent hit piece on Clinton, also using independent agents and Russian sources. Would this not have been labeled by Mueller as collusion in an attempt to alter the outcome of our election? I believe the answer is quite obviously yes.

The Mueller investigation has been portrayed by the NYT and many media sources as "an investigation into the possibility of Russian interference in our election" , and not as one that specifically targeted Trump. The obvious fact is that it targeted Trump from the start, and all the hand wringing about protecting the integrity of our election process was merely a cover and rationalization for an effort to unseat our elected President.

Donald Trump is a vain, often vulgar, self-promoting figure who made his fortune (whatever it is) in the often turbulent and sometimes shady big city real estate development business. He is neither a monk nor an academic. However he ran an effective political campaign, addressing issues that had for too long been evaded by conventional politicians (themselves often vain and self-promoting). Since assuming office he has pursued policies that I believe are highly beneficial for the country (particularly our economy) and others, such as border control and immigration) that have long needed overhaul but have been evades by his predecessors and an unwilling Congress because the perceived political stakes were s high and the task was therefore risky.

His opponents have stooped to lies, deceptive practices, misuse of office and perhaps worse in an effort to destroy him. In my book that counts for more than vulgarity or bad manners.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 04:07 pm
@georgeob1,
I suspect that no matter how low down and crooked and illegal its ok in republican eyes as long as its a republican who does it. Doesn't say much for their character.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 04:13 pm
@georgeob1,
And you say this knowing he is a crook and will eventually go to jail for tax evasion and high crimes against our government in collusion with the Russian government? Are you really a us citizen or a communist plant?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 05:48 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I'm suggesting there was likely a "united" effort on the part of the Obama Administration to ensure a Clinton victory in the election despite (and partly motivated by) the already detectable deficiencies in the leadership and effectiveness of her campaign.
And you may so suggest. But there's no evidentiary reason for myself or anyone to grant your suggestion reflects reality.

Quote:
Starting with Bengasi and the unexpected performance of Sanders in the Democrat primary a series of events made them aware that the confidently expected Clinton win in the election was not at all a sure thing.
More suggesting. But it doesn't make much sense since nobody, including Trump himself (as he has stated) thought he would win. There's no evidence I've seen anywhere to support you notion, george, and plenty to contradict it.

Quote:
to both protect her and turn the situation against the unexpected emergence of Trump in the Primary.
Come on, george. Everyone thought the rise of Trump a gift to the Clinton candidacy. Never in our lifetimes has there been such a broad and deep revolt by senior conservatives to try and stop a Trump candidacy.

Quote:
The discovery and "investigation" of the illicit use of a private (and unsecured) server to support Clinton's e-mails during her term as Secretary of State, together with the emergence of hacked information from the, poorly secured, DNC e-mail server had already yielded an embarrassing and dangerous situation for candidate Clinton,
This was imprudent but as noted at the time, prior S of Ss had operated the same way. Charges were not laid. You can, as many right wing media audiences do, conclude that Comey was working to forward her prospects but given the decision by Comey to "reopen" the investigation two weeks out makes the claim look silly (and, of course, without evidence).

Quote:
Interestingly it was the same coterie of senior FBI officials (Comey, McCabe and Strzok) who led both the "investigation" of the Hillary e-mail crimes and the investigation of supposed Trump campaign collusion.
Not so interesting if you acknowledge that these were the people whose duties included such investigations.

Quote:
Subsequently released phone messages between Strzok and Lisa Page contained assertions by both that the White House was closely monitoring the whole process, and an "insurance policy" was needed.
Please support your claim, don't just make it.
Quote:
Despite Strzok’s extremely inappropriate texting — it’s wildly improper for someone in his position to express animus or favoritism toward a particular candidate — the inspector general found no evidence that Strzok acted on his text to Page.

“Our review did not find documentary or testimonial evidence directly connecting the political views these employees expressed in their text messages and instant messages to the investigative decisions we reviewed,” the IG report states.
<br /> https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/14/17465360/peter-strzok-text-inspector-general-stop
Do you imagine that all FBI, intel, justice persons are without personal political preferences. Would you wish to grill all such persons before or after appointments and if some preference is found, reject or end employment? Should this apply to those who support the GOP or Trump?

Sorry george but I'm not going to bother with the rest. Your notions are deeply colored by the media you attend to which, like you, depend on unsubstantiated leaps of surmise that merely support inherent prejudices.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 05:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I would like to add something to the Clinton/Trump investigations that has disturbed me from the start, but which strangely received virtually no attention from the media - right or left.

That is the question of the origins of the now discredited dossier on Trump.
Totally wrong on all counts. The origins of it were and are still a mainstay of right wing agitprop. And every mainstream or left leaning media I attend to carried numerous discussions/reporting on this.
Quote:
In October 2015, Fusion GPS was contracted by conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon to provide general opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates. In April 2016, attorneys for Hillary Clinton's campaign and the DNC separately hired Fusion GPS to investigate Trump, while The Free Beacon stopped its backing in May of 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2%80%93Russia_dossier

Secondly, that the report has been "discredited" is false though the claim is made universally across right wing media. As all US intel agencies have determined, Russia did involve itself in the election and did so to damage Clinton and to forward Bush.
blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 06:06 pm
Re David Bossie's scam (Bossie, by the way, is the fine individual who brought you Citizens United)
Quote:
If you knew nothing about the conservative movement, you might be appalled by that kind of deception. But the truth is that this kind of scam is absolutely central to how the American right has operated for decades. It’s not that there aren’t a few con artists on the left; there certainly are. But only the right treats its entire constituency like nothing but marks to be swindled, a few dollars at a time.

It comes from a variety of conservative figures, whether it’s former politicians, pundits or political consultants. All you need is some seed money to buy a list of suckers who have donated to conservative causes or given their names to a publication like Human Events or World Net Daily, and you’re off.

For instance, here’s a story about Dick Morris getting nearly $2 million in donations to fight Barack Obama, virtually none of which went to fighting Barack Obama. Here’s a story about tea party groups paying prominent conservative radio hosts to promote them, and using the proceeds to keep paying the radio hosts. Mike Huckabee uses his email list to hawk scam “biblical” cancer cures. Herman Cain will help you cure your erectile dysfunction. Ben Carson sold “glyconutrients.” [internal links for each claim at site]

This story goes way back to the 1960s, when the rise of the conservative grass roots — and the mailing lists that they produced — created an opportunity for right-wingers of an entrepreneurial bent. As historian Rick Perlstein details, it amounted to a “strategic alliance of snake-oil vendors and conservative true believers ... designed to corral fleeceable multitudes all in one place — and the formation of a cast of mind that makes it hard for either them or us to discern where the ideological con ended and the money con began.”
https://wapo.st/2H9n3Fl The Rick Perlstein reference is The Long Con which I hope some folks have read.

And of course we can add the recently revealed NRA personal profit scam to a near endless list.

PS here's conservative Jonah Goldberg as well The Right Wing Scam Machine

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 06:15 pm
Not sure if this has been noted earlier but, I mean, for **** sake
Quote:
Nearly half of white Republicans say it bothers them to hear people speaking foreign languages
https://wapo.st/2H83ehM
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 06:20 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Not sure if this has been noted earlier but, I mean, for **** sake

What you mean is that your disapproval means something. It doesn't. Not enough has come from you to back anything up own your own.

Please let us know what else somebody who thinks for you says as soon as possible
. Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 06:39 pm
We love Fox for it's respect of truth.
Quote:
Fox host: Democrats protect Rep. Omar because they want “to protect the ability of the left to traffic in anti-Semitism"
Watters: "There's a very strong strand of anti-Semitism on the left that needs to flourish, apparently, and then needs to be protected"
http://bit.ly/2HbxoAR

Oh yes. Anti-Semitism is a feature of the left. Like these guys. They're all university professors.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBYiOLgDjM93ssfG4zXux-_8CPD2LaEkcCLlKiLFfunFt2xo1UFg

coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 07:34 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
They're all university professors.

Prove that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 07:51 pm
That's too rich hahahashahahahahahahahahahahhaha
blatham

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 09:53 am
@glitterbag,
Watters, I'm sure you'll recall, was a toadie for Bill O'Reilly in his earlier incarnation. Slimeball.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 09:58 am
No comment needed.
Quote:
Watch Trump Laugh Over a Comment About Shooting Migrants
“How do you stop these people?” Trump asked. An audience member had an idea. “Shoot them,” he yelled, causing the president to laugh.
Video here
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 08:28 am
May sanity prevail.
Quote:
‘No tolerance whatsoever for the bulls---’: Iowa Dems warn against new Bernie-Hillary wars

...Bernie Sanders’ senior adviser in Iowa, Pete D’Alessandro, said that if in an organizing meeting a supporter reopens complaints from the last election, they’re immediately cut off.

“We can’t keep rehashing 2016 because every time we’re doing it, even at a meeting, we’re not organizing. We’re not knocking on doors,” he said. “2016 is over. It doesn’t do us any good to have blood in the eyes. It’s gone. This is 2020, it’s a different race, it’s a different dynamic. We have to win this time.”
https://politi.co/2YkditO
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 08:35 am
All the best people, chapter 621
Quote:
On the eve of the last presidential election, NBC’s “Nightly News” broadcast featured two skinny college students in jackets and ties, discussing the future of American politics. They were co-founders of Students for Trump, a grassroots group that had tapped the social media power of Donald Trump’s populist movement — and of photos of bikini-clad women in MAGA hats — to become the real estate mogul’s standard-bearer on college campuses around the country.

“I see Donald Trump as reviving the Republican Party,” one of them, John Lambert, declared confidently.

Last month, Lambert, now 23, showed up in the news again. This time, he had been arrested in Tennessee on charges of wire fraud. According to the federal government, at the same time he was building a nationwide political network and serving as one of the most visible young faces of Trump’s populist movement, Lambert was also posing online as a high-powered New York lawyer, eventually making off with tens of thousands of dollars in fees he stole from unwitting clients seeking legal services.
https://politi.co/2Yghafa
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 09:09 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Russia did involve itself in the election and did so to damage Clinton and to forward Bush.

You meant, Trump, and you are correct. There is no discredit as far as I am aware. It is just that not all of it has been confirmed.
blatham

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 09:12 am
@revelette1,
Thanks for the correction. Not the first time I've made that slip.