RABEL222

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 03:21 pm
@georgeob1,
So as usual you deny coal and rabid industry is causing global warming. The rest of the world is going to wind, notice wind has been known to blow at nite, and sun. Only the u s discourages those regimines because of the oil and coal industries. If things continue as they are your kids and grandkids will be cursing people like you to hell.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 03:25 pm
@blatham,
Why do you listen to that crap? Limbaugh makes more sense once or twice a month.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 03:35 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Why do you listen to that crap?

It's for the stomach churning entertainment.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 03:35 pm
@RABEL222,
I didn't. There are lots of dedicated people who monitor right wing media and who then publish items of interest. It has been a very valuable service for all the rest of us. These people deserve angel wings.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 07:22 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

So as usual you deny coal and rabid industry is causing global warming. The rest of the world is going to wind, notice wind has been known to blow at nite, and sun. Only the u s discourages those regimines because of the oil and coal industries. If things continue as they are your kids and grandkids will be cursing people like you to hell.

It appears you neither read nor think very well. I made no denial of global warming (though catastrophe is not nearly as imminent as its propagandists suggest). Neither do I (or the U.S. ) "discourage wind and solar power". The U.S. in fact subsidizes both. Instead, I merely stated some obvious limitations to their ( wind and solar) ability to replace more than about 30% of our energy needs.

"The rest of the world" is very far indeed from "going to wind". Germany has invested heavily in it, but wind remains the source of less than 20 % of their energy consumption. Following the (forced (by the German government) shutdown of about half of their (emissions-free) nuclear plants they simply switched to the low quality coal generation I described earlier. What do you think of that?

Meanwhile the U.S. is replacing coal fired plants with compound cycle gas turbines which emit well under half of the CO2 as our coal plants and about one quarter that of most European coal plants.

There's a phrase and acronym for people who are habitually wrong about most things - it refers to just how often they are wrong. The acronym is "WEFT", You are WEFT.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 07:36 pm
@blatham,
You appear to trot that one out whenever you are confronted with a difficult issue.

The evidence is ample. Some has already caused the dismissal of senior FBI officials whose phone messages made their intentions and the involvement of President Obama rather clear. Much of rest, including the faulty FOIA applications and the indicated systematic abuse of information from surveillance of foreign sources and the subsequent widespread "uncovering " of recorded material has been investigated by the Justice Dept. IG and will likely lead to criminal investigations. AG Barr has already indicated his intent to pursue these matters in his testimony to Congress.
blatham

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 07:43 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
You appear to trot that one out whenever you are confronted with a difficult issue.
If you actually believe that to be the case, we'll end off.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 08:10 pm
George. You won’t be missing anything. He’s trapped in an antiquated political narrative; he thinks he’s superior to you and people with different beliefs, and he only has value in people who pay some kind of homage to him.

It’s not a loss.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 09:05 pm
This one is a dilly.
Quote:
BRET BAIER (HOST): Byron I guess the question is, splitting hairs here rhetorically, in whether the FISA authorization was based on something that the FISA judges did not know was not real.

BYRON YORK (GUEST): You're right, it is all parsing. If you just look at the actual facts, the FBI did wiretap Carter Page, it was a court-approved wiretap, but it was a wiretap. They use a confidential informant, the college professor named Stefan Halper, to seek information on Page and George Papadopoulos. And recently we found out that they used an undercover agent who went by the alias Azra Turk to try to tease information out of George Papadopoulos. That was undercover. If you have undercover agents and you have wiretaps, a lot of people would say that is the stuff of spying. Clearly there is a rhetorical battle, but these actual facts are what they are.
http://bit.ly/2H9cGBt

The following quote is from the D of J mission and functions manual for the FBI http://bit.ly/2H6Qw2J
Quote:
The FBI's major priorities are to:

Protect the United States from terrorist attack;
Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage;
Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes;
Combat public corruption at all levels;

Protect civil rights;
Combat transnational and national criminal organizations and enterprises;
Combat major white-collar crime;
Combat significant violent crime;
Support federal, state, county, municipal, and international partners; and to
Upgrade technology to successfully perform the FBI's mission.

If, let's say, the FBI request and receive a FISA warrant to tap a Mafia criminal operation or a foreign intelligence entity working in the US or a corrupt politician then they are "spying" (spying being a bad thing, you see).
blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 06:05 am
Draining the Swamp notes from all over
Quote:
A day after blocking House demand for Trump’s tax returns, Mnuchin addressed gathering of his top fundraisers

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin addressed a group of top donors backing President Trump’s reelection Tuesday evening, making an unusual political appearance at a gathering that included industry executives his agency is tasked with regulating.

...Treasury secretaries in recent years have avoided attending fundraiser events with people they could be tasked with regulating, in part because of their unique role in overseeing a broad swath of companies in the financial system.

“There’s a legitimate concern that people may get the impression that they can get not just on Trump’s good side but the treasury secretary’s good side by donating or raising money for his campaign,” said Kathleen Clark, a legal and government ethics professor at Washington University School of Law.
https://wapo.st/2HaeTwG

Would someone please have these scumbags taken out back and shot.
snood

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 08:14 am
@blatham,
Shooting would be far too kind.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 09:56 am
@blatham,
This is the exact type of incitement to violence you decry in Trump. Somebody could be knocking on your door about this. I’d speak more carefully.

Maybe mods can have it removed.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 10:14 am
@blatham,
I suspect the problem here is that the investigation including wiretaps and undercover agents attempting to penetrate the Trump Campaign staff, did not yield any actionable evidence of unlawful collusion by the Trump Campaign with the Russian efforts to influence the election. Moreover the fact that the authors of this "surveillance" program did not deign to inform the nominated Candidate of their concerns and ongoing actions, strongly suggests the prejudgments and political interference that have since become so evident among some FBI and other investigators.

All that and the apparently united efforts of the Obama Administration Intelligence community officials in initially authorizing and supporting the unusually widespread "uncovering" of tapped communications involving U.S. citizens, also suggests deliberate coordination and authorization within that Administration.

Moreover my strong impression is that Hillary unnecessarily defeated herself, in several distinct ways;
=> Her campaign appeared to be infected with a complacent sense of inevitable victory, by large margins, ignoring early signs of falling support for her, both generally and in several Midwest states. (Sanders was a Primary opponent of convenience, put there by the Hillary -controlled DNC, to masquerade as opposition to the designated queen. He surprised everyone with the excitement he created among some voters, but the Clinton campaign appeared to take no notice.) Hillary herself appeared to consider victory inevitable and to have made little effort to understand and relate to voter concerns both nationally and in various regions. Announcing during a campaign visit to West Virginia that we need to "shut down the coal industry" wasn't very smart.
=> Her excuses and evasions of responsibility for consulate security involving the Bengasi attack, and her repeated use of a known false narrative regarding its cause were both widely reported and likely disaffected many who otherwise might have voted for her.
=> The subsequent revelations about her systematic use of a private server to store all her personal and official e mails, together with a series of obviously false or misleading rationalizations ("no classified material included" - later rephrased as "no material marked as Classified was included" - no matter both are illegal) likely turned off these and other voters.
=> In both the server and the Bengasi issues she exhibited a phony regal distain for serious matters that concerned many people, and her repeated evasions of both her responsibility and the facts of the matters very likely caused her more harm than was acknowledged. All this added to concerns about long-term misuse of Clinton Foundation funds to pay the salaries of her permanent political staff. Together these issues seriously undermined
her credibility.

I'll readily concede that a shared sense of the "inevitability" of a Queen Hillary victory, and concerns about the disruptive traits observable in Trump's behavior, could both have been powerful inducements for otherwise serious people to violate their legal authorities and responsibilities in ways they might otherwise have avoided. However , they too are responsible for the actions they take, and will likely be held accountable.
snood

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 10:41 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

This is the exact type of incitement to violence you decry in Trump. Somebody could be knocking on your door about this. I’d speak more carefully.

Yeah, because everyone who has been reading Blatham’s posts is real worried he might be seriously advocating the murder of government officials. It’s really a genuine reason for concern. Just about as genuine as you and practically everything you post here.
blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 11:23 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I suspect the problem here is that the investigation including wiretaps and undercover agents attempting to penetrate the Trump Campaign staff, did not yield any actionable evidence of unlawful collusion by the Trump Campaign with the Russian efforts to influence the election.
And investigators would know this before hand how exactly? Would you have it that no FBI criminal/national security investigations are legitimate until they have all the evidence they need to confidently convict before they begin investigating?

Quote:
Moreover the fact that the authors of this "surveillance" program did not deign to inform the nominated Candidate of their concerns and ongoing actions,
That would definitely be the way to proceed with a covert investigation of potential corruption or criminality - let the target know you are doing it. I can't think of a single Mafia group who'd disagree with this notion.

Quote:
All that and the apparently united efforts of the Obama Administration Intelligence community officials in initially authorizing and supporting the unusually widespread "uncovering" of tapped communications involving U.S. citizens, also suggests deliberate coordination and authorization within that Administration.
"Apparently united". What does that mean? Why is it apparent? How is this different from normal? Are you going to go on to the next logical step here: Any administration making any such decision as regards a member or candidate of the other party is axiomatically unjust/unwarranted.

The Clinton stuff is irrelevant.

Quote:
I'll readily concede that a shared sense of the "inevitability" of a Queen Hillary victory, and concerns about the disruptive traits observable in Trump's behavior, could both have been powerful inducements for otherwise serious people to violate their legal authorities and responsibilities in ways they might otherwise have avoided. However , they too are responsible for the actions they take, and will likely be held accountable.
There's a shitload of unstated premises here (re illegalities) which:
1) make no sense (see my first two graphs) or
2) are held (ostensibly) and forwarded by right wing voices particularly those around Trump or appearing on Fox. Nobody else.

blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 11:29 am
@snood,
Quote:
Lash wrote:

Yeah. Fer sure. I'll have to go into hiding now because the secret service will be arriving here at my front door in Campbell River, BC any moment because of the threat of violence and murder I pose. That'd be an effective use of their time. You should write them. Point out the danger of my and post and let them know they could even do some salmon fishing and whale watching while here. Maybe stay for the chainsaw-carving and tree-falling contests. I'll prepare some Nanaimo bars for them.

Oh right... and the reefer is legal so they can smoke up without a worry or sphincter-shrinking guilt.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:12 pm
@snood,
It’s nobody’s job to decide if threats to shoot people are serious. It’s the job of the Secret Service to assess. I’m sure Kathy Griffin didn’t think her grueling Secret Service interview and background check was necessary, but *they* did.

Just trying to help.
blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:18 pm
Quote:
Is President Trump an aberration whose defeat in 2020 would allow the nation to begin rebounding toward normalcy? Or does his ascendance reflect long-running national pathologies and deeply ingrained structural economic and political problems that will intractably endure long after he’s gone?

The answer to this question — which has been thrust to the forefront by the Democratic presidential primaries — is, in a sense, both. Trump represents both a continuation of and a dramatic exacerbation of those long running pathologies and problems.

As of now, Elizabeth Warren appears to be the Democratic candidate who most fully grasps the need to take both of those aspects of the Trump threat seriously. The Massachusetts senator is, I think, offering what amounts to the most fully rounded and multidimensional response to that threat...
https://wapo.st/2HasV19

Quite aside from whether Greg gets this right (I think so), it really must be the case that whoever becomes the nominee must recognize the threat larger, more pervasive and organized than Trump, that exists.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:20 pm
@Lash,
Write them a letter. I've told you where I live. You know my name. Copy the post and pass it on to save America from my murderous impulses. It's really your patriotic duty.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 12:24 pm
@blatham,
I don’t think Steve Mnuchin is under secret service protections so you’ll be fine.