maporsche

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:45 pm
Not all progressives want to give Trump a pass on this Russia stuff.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/4/19/18507597/aoc-impeach-trump-rashida-tlaib-ilhan-omar

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says it’s time to investigate Trump for impeachment

Quote:
In a series of tweets on Thursday after the report was released, the first-term Democrat said she would sign on to an impeachment resolution introduced by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and called on Congress to investigate potential obstruction of justice by the president.
blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:50 pm
@snood,
I'm unsure on this one too. But aside from all else, we ought not to presume the dynamics that held true in the Clinton case will be the same here. The two cases are miles apart in terms of what is at issue.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:51 pm
@blatham,
You mean the "dynamics" that had Jerry Nadler declaring the special prosecutor's report should be kept confidential?
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:53 pm
@blatham,
There is only one difference. Bill Clinton actually committed multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct.

Trump is only being accused of imaginary crimes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:54 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
All that "fake news" claim just turned out to be a cheap PR slogan.

The fact that CNN and MSNBC lie all the time is not a mere slogan.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:55 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
This is good news
Quote:
Warren approaches breakout with black voters
The Massachusetts Democrat's policies and focus on racial inequality have sparked intense interest from black activists.
Politico

http://comicallyincorrect.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/D-Slaves-600-CI.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:57 pm
@maporsche,
What the hell do they think has been happening for the past 2 1/2 years??
If something was there, please tell me Mueller and several million dollars would have found it.

They’ll only accomplish making 2020 harder to win.
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:57 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
So what will matter most for the remainder of the Trump presidency is whether the House of Representatives will file articles of impeachment based on the substantial allegations that the president may have obstructed justice.

Allegations of imaginary crimes are hardly "substantial". It's not obstruction for the official in charge of an investigation to close it down, and even if such an interpretation of obstruction statutes were plausible, it would be unconstitutional to apply that interpretation to acts by the President.

Not to mention the fact that the Democrats said that it was OK for Bill Clinton to commit multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:58 pm
@Brand X,
@ewarren wrote:
The severity of this misconduct demands that elected officials in both parties set aside political considerations and do their constitutional duty. That means the House should initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States.

The way the Democrats try to abuse the law to harm people who do not agree with them is why we need to outlaw the Democratic Party in America.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:59 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Also, doubt an impeachment would work so well for Trump as it did Bill Clinton. After all, one involved basically sex, and the other is national security matters and obstruction of justice.

Wrong. Bill Clinton committed multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct.

Quote:
"ANY competent public corruption prosecutor would bring obstruction charges against Trump/and win," Holder tweeted. "Only reason Mueller did not was because of the flawed DOJ restriction against indicting a sitting President. He said so (below). Congress now has a constitutional responsibility."

This is why we need to outlaw the Democratic Party in America. Get rid of their witch hunts once and for all.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:03 pm
@Brand X,
@AOC wrote:
Mueller's report is clear in pointing to Congress' responsibility in investigating obstruction of justice by the President.
It is our job as outlined in Article 1, Sec 2, Clause 5 of the US Constitution.
As such, I'll be signing onto @RashidaTlaib's impeachment resolution.

This shows why we need to outlaw the Democratic Party in America.

It's not obstruction for the official in charge of an investigation to close it down.

Even if that was a plausible interpretation of obstruction statutes (it's not), it would be unconstitutional to apply that interpretation to acts by the President.

Even if obstruction had actually occurred, the Democrats said that it was perfectly fine for Bill Clinton to commit multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think it is probably a mistake to believe Trump on that one
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/trump-misstates-nadlers-position-on-starr-report/
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:05 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Impeachment hearings might give the public a full airing of the depth of the foulness of the man...

You realize that the accused gets to raise a defense? That it's not just a bunch of unchallenged lies by a bunch of witch hunters?

Impeachment will give a full public airing of the fact that Trump didn't commit any obstruction, and the fact that Bill Clinton did and the Democrats said it was OK.

It might get the ball rolling on outlawing the Democratic Party however.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:06 pm
@Lash,
That's such a surprise. Lash declaring Trump's innocence and attacking Mueller. Such a surprise. That's Sanders' position, fer shure. It's really where all progressives stand.
Lash

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:09 pm
@blatham,
I didn’t say he was innocent. Why lie so consistently? Have you forgotten how to string a few truthful words together? Sounds s little Alzheimer-y.

Mueller couldn’t prove anything to pin on Trump—whether you or I like it or not. The overkill will come back to haunt democrats.

Believe it.
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:13 pm
@Lash,
Has he ever stated anything truthful?

I mean aside from when he's quoting other people.

"Forgotten" implies that he once told the truth in the past. I'm skeptical to say the least.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:14 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I didn’t say he was innocent.

lash posted:
Quote:
If something was there, please tell me Mueller and several million dollars would have found it.
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:15 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says it's time to investigate Trump for impeachment
In a series of tweets on Thursday after the report was released, the first-term Democrat said she would sign on to an impeachment resolution introduced by Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and called on Congress to investigate potential obstruction of justice by the president.

This shows why we need to outlaw the Democratic Party in America. All they do is abuse the law to persecute innocent people -- while at the same time giving themselves a free pass to commit actual crimes.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:22 pm
Swamp-draining notes from all over
Quote:
"Scott Pruitt, the scandal-ridden former head of the Environmental Protection Agency, registered as an energy lobbyist in Indiana on Thursday as fossil-fuels interests there are fighting to block the proposed closure of several coal-fired power plants."
https://apnews.com/a1318acdfba24a0cb02f045254cd2419

No one expected this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:25 pm
@revelette1,
Something in the realm of ‘conspiring with Russia’... After the time and money thrown behind that single accusation, Mueller should have found it. Now, it seems some democrats aren’t satisfied with this and want to have Free Range investigations.

Hear me now, believe me later: this will be the new normal for ALL seated presidents if the Dems do this. You will grow to rue the day you did this. All of us will. Every US president will be embattled and weakened.

Think.

Elect someone else.